Search This thread

briian_

Nov 1, 2009
Melbourne
Hey,
So.. I just recently got my hands on the prime and was trying out different browsers.

I've just found out that Maxthon created a tablet version browser and was fairly impressed with it however, I'm experiencing issues with sites that plays videos, e.g. desktop youtube site, it causes issues when you try to fullscreen the video and the connection of the browser just completely cuts off.

Either than that, everything works great and beautifully to I must say. A definite much more attractive and in someways, faster UI and browser in my opinion.

What are your opinions? and if your experiencing the same issue as me, are there any fix available to get around this issue?

Cheers!

Tairen

Jul 21, 2010
Hey,
So.. I just recently got my hands on the prime and was trying out different browsers.

I've just found out that Maxthon created a tablet version browser and was fairly impressed with it however, I'm experiencing issues with sites that plays videos, e.g. desktop youtube site, it causes issues when you try to fullscreen the video and the connection of the browser just completely cuts off.

Either than that, everything works great and beautifully to I must say. A definite much more attractive and in someways, faster UI and browser in my opinion.

What are your opinions? and if your experiencing the same issue as me, are there any fix available to get around this issue?

Cheers!

Never heard of it. But after ICS, I don't really care for other browsers since the stock one is working fine.

air-wave

Nov 9, 2008
Hey,

Cheers!

I used the maxthon and found it quite useful at first. Its smoother than the stock browser. I have not try the youtube on maxthon yet about the fullscreen but when i tried to select text on a web page it will force close itself. Other than that maxthon has been pretty good for me.

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
I've tried just about every browser Android has to offer to find the best and I'm just spoiled from using Firefox on Windows 7 everyday, nothing Android has can touch it.
After trying everything I think I'm going with Maxthon, just wish they had more add-ons. Really want something like Ad-block Plus.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
my browser of choice is opera mobile. but I do have Maxon. also. I do have to admit its the best looking out of all the browsers. its hard to describe but everything is rendered so well on it. Damn, can't describe it in words but its a real beautiful looking browser. All sites look so good on it. its a good browser. it has alot of potential. Still not a true tablet version though because it still has resoulution capability checkbox on the bottom. its more of an in-between version. still looks great. makes me wanna switch to it now...Brb..lol

briian_

Nov 1, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks for the great feedback guys.

In my opinion, for general browsing, Maxthon is probably one of the best as one of you had say, it really is smooth and everything is just rendered so well!

However, due to the common sites that I browse.. e.g. facebook for instance, when on the desktop site with Maxthon, and you're trying to view pictures, when the photo pops up infront of the news feed, it cancels the capability to scroll up and down to view the comments, instead it scrolls up and down the background which is the news feed.
And another disappointment is still the full screen capability of videos.

But either than, really happy with it.
However, I tried doing a comparison with sites and loading time, and trying to quickly clicking from one link to another with the stock and maxthon, both seemed almost equally matched.

the stock browser on the ICS of the prime does work really great but... it may be the look of the Maxthon that has won me over. But I still switch from one browser to another depending on my purpose.

jerrygooch

Jul 9, 2011
Conway
www.jerrygooch.com
Personally I'm a huge fan of Dolphin Browser HD. I use it on my Skyrocket and downloaded it last night on my Prime. So far so good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

jzen

Oct 9, 2010
I use to play with other browsers but since ICS came out it has been the smoothest browser of them all, uninstalled all the others.

hollywould

Apr 18, 2007
Huntington Beach
I really like stock browser too, I just wish there was a way to keep it in desktop mode by default. That's the only thing that really bothers me about the stock browser.

halloumi3

Jul 6, 2010
That's the reason I'm using ICS Browser+. Its the same browser as the stock one but with the added bonus of selecting a user agent so it can remain in desktop mode along with some other goodies.

I really suggest it to anyone who likes the stock browser but wants a little more out of it. As a plus the developer is a part of this forum and is open to suggestions on new features.