[ROM] [2.3.5] Trigger » 08/22

Search This thread

techboydino

Aug 31, 2009
Southeast, Pa
Im gonna see how the Faux's runs on it. Thanks for the update and all your work.

*Powering off the phone only does a reboot. Not actually power off. But Reboot into recovery is working which is all I really care about, thanks again.

techboydino

Aug 31, 2009
Southeast, Pa
You can switch back to Faux's if you want. I'll probably be doing that later today when I get bored ;)

Faux's OC/UV installed fine but when I plugged it in the usb connection get connecting/disconnecting on a constant basis and while unplugged I have a 90% charge and plugged has a 70% charge. Instantly changing back and forth as I unplugged/replugged. Im going back to CM kernel for now.

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Faux's OC/UV installed fine but when I plugged it in the usb connection get connecting/disconnecting on a constant basis and while unplugged I have a 90% charge and plugged has a 70% charge. Instantly changing back and forth as I unplugged/replugged. Im going back to CM kernel for now.

Use 0.2.7

0.2.8 has a crazy battery meter

jaenizzo

Sep 26, 2009
I can't get none of my original LG apps to install on this rom. Build 8 or build 9

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
exactly what has been altered since this is a cm7 nightly ?

Stop trolling! its a modified CM7 that was rebased yesterday (you do understand what "rebased" means, correct??). It already has EDT tweaks (in a new form) ported over to it, a "hard reboot" option, and a few other things. Judging from birgertime's past work, it will have a LOT more added to it as he gets a chance. Take your complaining elsewhere, no one gives a sh*t here :cool:
[\End Feeding]

Reactions: Romanbb

Psionicsin

Jul 3, 2010
Ann Arbor
Seems to be putting me into Edge mode a lot in places where I always get 100% 4G coverage. Also likes to switch my data off from time to time. My APNs exist so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with those. When I go in there I have two choices...Simple or T-Mobile (This is checked).

Also the option to show battery percentage doesn't work. Tried it 3 different times and each time it displays a thin bar...which is not a percentage.

Oh and APNsBU and Hard Rebooting does nothing to solve this.

Last edited:

gringo75

Nov 12, 2010
vegas
On build nine here anyone else experiencing when you go to turn the phone off it reboots the phone instead off turning it off? This build is sweet loving it and your hard work here.

gringo75

Nov 12, 2010
vegas
I noticed with the hard boot option after i do it and go the rboot my phone it just kicks me to my home screen.

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
On build nine here anyone else experiencing when you go to turn the phone off it reboots the phone instead off turning it off? This build is sweet loving it and your hard work here.

Yeah it seems to do a hot reboot instead of powering it down. No worries, looks like an easy fix. I'll look at it tonight.

YEAH if that is all was changed in the change txt he posted i dont need it..
["hard reboot" option,]
just askn ..

That, and the "Extra tweaks" section. If you don't like it, tell me what you'd like to see in a ROM, what improvements, etc. Otherwise, you don't have to use it, no one has a gun to your face making you flash it :D

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
I noticed with the hard boot option after i do it and go the rboot my phone it just kicks me to my home screen.

Happens when you try and do it without giving the tweaks app super user permissions. open it in settings, give it SU permissions, then just hard reboot (vol up + power), then everything shoudl work as intended.

It's on my to do list to find a workaround for the issue

Reactions: gringo75

gringo75

Nov 12, 2010
vegas
Yeah it seems to do a hot reboot instead of powering it down. No worries, looks like an easy fix. I'll look at it tonight.

That, and the "Extra tweaks" section. If you don't like it, tell me what you'd like to see in a ROM, what improvements, etc. Otherwise, you don't have to use it, no one has a gun to your face making you flash it :D
Nice thanks in advance. Still got my sgs vibrant rocking your rom battery life unreall. much appreciate your hard work to give us a better user exp. on our phones!

gringo75

Nov 12, 2010
vegas
Happens when you try and do it without giving the tweaks app super user permissions. open it in settings, give it SU permissions, then just hard reboot (vol up + power), then everything shoudl work as intended.

It's on my to do list to find a workaround for the issue
yup worked just fine thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goal of this ROM is to add G2x specific functionality/features/fixes to CM7, along with some extra user customizability. If at least one person finds this useful, I have done my job!

Info
    • Android 2.3.5 - based on newest CM commits to github!
    • 1080p recording
    • pre-rooted of course
    • custom hard-reboot option added to fix data issues!
    • touch to focus
    • fast & stable!

Tweaks & More options:
    • clock options (hide, ampm, small ampm)
    • signal options (hide, show dbm text & more)
    • show H icon instead of 4G
    • Optionally install Bloater to download extra GPS configs to make it lock on super quick!
    • and more!

Bugs
    -this, both cameras still work wonderfully though. just seems to be a type I can't find (and no it's not in Camera.apk :()
    -A2DP bluetooth not working
    -CM7 bugs

Credits
    -Cyanogenmod & Team Douche
    -faux123 (special thanks to Faux for helping me and answering my dumb questions)
    -Whitehawkx
    -Krylon360
    -sbrissen

Screenshots

Installation Instructions
    1. wipe data/factory reset
    2. wipe dalvik cache
    3. format /system
    4. flash ROM
    5. fix permissions
    6. reboot
    7. open up settings > extra tweaks & grant that app super user permissions
    8. long press power > reboot > hard reboot (this will always fix your data!)
    9. install Bloater for extra GPS configs!
    10. go into EDT Tweaks and adjust the icons to your liking!

Changelog
    Code:
    [U]8/22[/U]
    - just a code base update (cm7)
    (just to keep my releases in sync between g2x/vibrant)

[U]8/16[/U]
    -added external gps functionality (from gerrit, thanks xoror)
    -CM sync
    -lots of honeycomb fixes
    --- now has custom app launchers, tap outside little circle and inside big circle to activate, lock will disappear. Must set apps you want to launch in Tweaks first. 
    -including gapps again

[U]August 4[/U]
    * removed gapps from build, flash separately :)
    * added in a possible fix for battery FC (let me know) 

[U]August 03[/U] 
    * as always, latest CM changes as of right before the build
    * changed to new versioning system to make it easier for me to keep all releases more or less the same between devices (using dates) to keep my sanity
    * adding gapps in automagically from now on!
    * new option to set the clock to the center
    * MIUI battery code enhancements
    * Tweaks minor bug fixes
    * Honeycomb lockscreen! Access from CyanogenMod settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style (did this to be consistent with other CM lockscreen settings)
    *** taking suggestions on how to improve this. I may add custom app launchers to each quadrant, but still listening to what you guys have to say. Do you even like it? Etc.

[U]build 14 - 7/29[/U] 
    * MIUI battery bar (selectable from Extra Tweaks -> Battery Options) - thanks sbrissen!
    * more LED notification stability code

[U]build 13 - 7/27[/U] 
    * fixed recovery not rebooting into recovery
    * fixed colors not changing on "auto" settings

[U]build 12 - 7/26[/U] 
    * upgraded to Android 2.3.5 via CM (includes latest nightly changes)
    * included Launcher Pro & Bloater
    * re-structured a lot of my backend coding for my tweaks (app & system) to allow for easy future expansion
    ** while I recoded it, I included the CM7-style color picker some of you were asking for for my tweaks (custom hex codes)
    ** You won't see much change, but just know it took forever :)
    * added LED toggle in Extra Tweaks

future plans: Trigger theme, custom wallpapers, more customizations. In time.

[U]build 11 - 7/14[/U] 
    -fixed a bug in tweaks where it wouldn't save your custom settings
    -updated changes from newest CM source
    -that's it for now! maybe more later :D

[U]build 10 - 7/7[/U] 
    -fixed power off bug (it actual powers off now!)
    -fixed all funky reboot behaviors
    -re-added custom battery mod settings in tweaks
    --can toggle on/off every element & customize it, just play with it

-as always, synced to newest cm changes

note: anything you see greyed out in the CM Settings that you think shouldn't be, it likely means I've replaced those functions and the settings are in the Extra Tweaks setting. I did this in order to avoid any conflicts with the CM code :). It wil never be less functionality either, only more.

[U]build 9 - 7/6[/U]
    -based off CM7 now for more features and awesomeness!
    -no theming or aesthetical change (maybe some custom wallpapers later, but I'm not a themer)
    -newest CM changes
    ---touch to focus in camera, screenshot from power menu
    -custom hard reboot option added to reboot menu that will fix data
    -battery customizations currently disabled to avoid conflict with CM battery mods
    -that's it for now!

[U]build 8 - 7/3[/U]
    -fixed media scanner (music wasn't showing up properly)
    -fixed small battery display bug where it would reappear after hiding
    -added widget grouping when selecting them on your homescreen

[U]build 6 - 7/2[/U]

Tweaks:
    --added ability to hide signal bars
    --battery icon hides instantly now
    --signal icon changes instantly between H/4G
    --added ability to show signal strength in dbm in statusbar
    --added ability to automatically color dbm based on what the statusbar would be (0, 1, 2, 3, 4)
    --can set color to static
    --i think that's it for the tweaks

System changes:
    --faux's latest framework fixes (check github histories)
    --enabled high bitrate full hd recording (1080p)
    --updated kernel to 0.2.8 (faux, ilu)
    --i'm sure i missed a couple of other minor things here

build 5 - 7/1
    -hid tweaks in app drawer
    -added ability to toggle between H icon and 4G icon in tweaks settings
    ---[B]BUG[/B]! it will do a soft reboot on you when you switch it. it's also likely that you may have to do a hard reboot after that to get data back. this will be fixed in the next release :)
    -upgraded faux's kernel to 0.2.7 & other fixes (check github histories for extended info if you like)
    -decreased padding on statusbar elements so it looks less wonky
    -I think that's it, spent a couple hours working on getting github worked out properly last night!

build 4 - 6/30
    -initial public release

FAQ
    Q: Can I flash an upgrade without wiping data?
    A: Sometimes it's okay to do so, but other times it will conflict with the new updates. Best bet is to do a CWM backup, and a Titanium backup before you try anything if you don't know what you're doing. If you run into any issues or funny behavior, just do a data wipe.

Q: Sometimes my GAPPS are missing, why?
    A: Everytime you flash the ROM or an upgrade to it, you MUST flash the Gapps package. It takes an extra 3 seconds, don't complain! I try and keep all upgrades on ROM Manager, you can have it install the Gapps for you right after it installs the ROM.

Q: Ok, but how do I avoid having to sign into Google?
    A: When you flash an upgrade, be sure to flash the gapps while you're still in recovery before rebooting. That way you will still be signed in. So, flash the ROM, then flash gapps without rebooting.

Download - thank you goo-inside.me for awesome hosting!
    Trigger 8/22 w/gapps

Newest releases may not be in RM. I usually have them up after a day or two.

wait ....
    so what exactly have u changed or mdified in this rom other than repacking it and calling it your own ? I am speaking about the 7/6 newest rom..

is this the only change>?or is this in cm7 aready also ?

[-custom hard reboot option added to reboot menu that will fix data]

====================================
    build 9 - 7/6
    -based off CM7 now for more features and awesomeness!
    -no theming or aesthetical change (maybe some custom wallpapers later, but I'm not a themer)
    -newest CM changes
    ---touch to focus in camera, screenshot from power menu,
    -custom hard reboot option added to reboot menu that will fix data
    -battery customizations currently disabled to avoid conflict with CM battery mods
    -that's it for now!

I kanged everything from CM, and called it my own. I love you, XDA.
    Netflix users - are you having to change your build.prop file to HTC Vision and HTC to get it to work, without superfast playback? this is the only way i can get it to work. Or is there another Netflix app available?

Check this out, man.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178063

Sent from a Nexus X by LG

YEAH if that is all was changed in the change txt he posted i dont need it..
    ["hard reboot" option,]
    just askn ..

Looks like a nice, speedy ROM... but I can't download any apps at all. Are you not supposed to sign into your gmail account right away? Because I did and it loaded some of my apps and then said, "cannot load app, there isn't enough room on the device". So then I went into extra options and changed the storage location to my SD card (which shows 10 gigs of space), but I still get the same error message. And yes I've pulled fhe battery, done a few hard reboots and all that jazz.

My only other thought was to do a wipe, start over, then skip the sign in and go into options to change the storage location before signing in to my gmail account. Is that what others have had to do? Or is this not a common problem?
    I had the same issue heres what a fellow xda member helped me with go to settings click on applications select manage applications select all scroll down to market select and clear data and cache. This should fix your issue as it did mine. Credit goes to wildchld for the help