Read only init.d script

Search This thread

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
Anyone know how to save settings through Voltage control to the init.d script? I have an error message coming when I choose save to boot settings and check on init.d script. It says that it cannot write to mkdir said it's read only.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah you have to mount system as rewritable. Then when you are done mount it as read only.

This is a VERY BASIC thing to know when working custom roms on Android. I suggest google as a good starting point. Not sure if you know, but you can use google to only search this website if you prefer that interface over XDA's built in search (I know I do).

Here is a link to get you started.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...bb11133b94725b5&ix=seb&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=955

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
I have better terminal emulator running as root, do you have an address or link to find the right command lines, or do you know them by any chance?

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
Does any one have any knowledge to share about our t989 and unlocking its init.d script?

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Given answer and link...
Even another person suggested root explorer. Try estrongs file explorer its free.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
To me it seems that an Android development site should have more direct answers. Knowledge should not be a consequence.

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
I need to learn how to make the init.d writable. obviously not, but does anyone have any knowledge in this I have the acquisition but that's all.

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station
I need to learn how to make the init.d writable. obviously not, but does anyone have any knowledge in this I have the acquisition but that's all.

Root explorer, within the directory there is a button on the top right that by default says "R/O", tap it and it will change to "R/W", then you can do your thing

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
Ok, I just want to Know how to make programs, like voltage controls and system tuner pro save everything to the init.d script not the post startup process. Is not much i'm asking for just a guide.

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
In any case, does anyone know how to change the defaults of any kernel's io and governor from the boot.img or whichever file n the kernel?