A better Alternative.

Search This thread

Nick Fury

May 24, 2012
Coventry
Hi there after watching the unpacking event, and reading the full specs I dont really see much of an upgrade.

Yes they have added some good additions like the fingerprint scanner which is awesome, but alot of the other additions wont be used on a massive scale by all users.

Hardware wise, wasnt too inpressed on these either really, would of liked to see an octa-core version, plus the battery isnt too much of an upgrade.

But Ive found a clone version which in my eyes is better, comes with octa-core, looks exactly the same

http://www.goophone.cc/phones/goophone-s5.html

Again this is only my opinion, and of course others will feel different which is there right to do so.

I may even change my mind once ive got my hands on one and have a play, but as for right now, im quite disappointed with the S5.

And I am a Galaxy User myself currently having the Galaxy S3 and soon will have the Note 3 also.

Thanks for reading.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
I wouldnt give you $100 for that phone ROFL. No 4G data (3G only), knockoff CPU, bigger battery 2800mah then the S4 2600mah with less talk time then the S4.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
would be great but no lte? i'd like to try before I bought one haha.

Hmmm... No LTE is a deal breaker. 3G is barely good enough to stream YouTube vids, and sometimes it won't even stream at all on 3G.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

It's so hard to find a flagship phone that looks good, has a replaceable battery and microsd slot.

No, it's not at all. The Note 3 is AMAZING! You should check it out.

initial_k

Feb 25, 2011
The Note 3 in a 5 inch form factor would be perfect (spec, looks and feel). Why couldn't they make a Note 3 Mini?

I already own the Note 2 and it's a big too big now and it weight a lot. I currently have the HTC one and while the metal body is great, it feels like you're holding a brick.

Nick Fury

May 24, 2012
Coventry
Yes I do understand that it doesnt have all the features of the original and of course the price represents that. But I just wasnt really impressed with the S5 so far. As I said my opinion may change once ive had an hands on experience with the device. Its thoughts at the moment.

Trentors

Jan 11, 2011
Hi there after watching the unpacking event, and reading the full specs I dont really see much of an upgrade.

Yes they have added some good additions like the fingerprint scanner which is awesome, but alot of the other additions wont be used on a massive scale by all users.

Hardware wise, wasnt too inpressed on these either really, would of liked to see an octa-core version, plus the battery isnt too much of an upgrade.

Don't you think users will use the improved camera (a major update - not just in megapixels) and the water proofing? The improved screen with higher and lower brightness? Yes the puls-rate monitor is a bit gimmicky but unlike ALL the "air" features of S4 these functions will improve every users daily use with the phone.

Kudos for Samsung for not focusing on the one-time-wow-factor and instead improving the users daily rutine.

Nick Fury

May 24, 2012
Coventry
Yes of course i did like that they did add what users wanted. And of course everyone is going to have there own opinion of the device,

R

richii0207

Well, cell phones have reached that plateau where you can't really add anything anymore. Add too much, people cry about bloat and gimmick. Add too little, and you get this... The heck are you guys doing that you need an octocore?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Don't you think users will use the improved camera (a major update - not just in megapixels) and the water proofing? The improved screen with higher and lower brightness? Yes the puls-rate monitor is a bit gimmicky but unlike ALL the "air" features of S4 these functions will improve every users daily use with the phone.

Kudos for Samsung for not focusing on the one-time-wow-factor and instead improving the users daily rutine.

Speaking of everyday average users..90% won't even notice the camera is improved over the s4, so that argument doesn't work IMO.

I won't even comment on the "higher and lower brightness" because that is just lolol. Sounds like iPhone users trying to sell things android has had for years.

I'm sorry, but people are grasping when defending this phone. What I can't figure is how websites like android central praise samsung for making Touchwiz closer to vanilla android and less gaudy....but How?? They put a freaking camera shortcut on the lock screen and gave us a white battery icon, otherwise the rom grew by about a GB over the s4 and is more bloated than ever. They are following the apple footprint by locking the phone down and offering extremely minor upgrades, but I don't blame them because they still make millions by working less because people still buy this stuff like it's the best thing ever.

Note 3. That's innovation. This phone does everything. Maybe the Note 4 will arrive with features worthy of an upgrade. The normal people can have the s5 because commercials told them it was cool.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Nick Fury

Nick Fury

May 24, 2012
Coventry
Plus not to mention that the galaxy s5 rom will take 8gb of internal space. Bloatware much. So in essence buy the 16gb version to save money. Only have 8 gb of free storage space.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Trentors

Jan 11, 2011
Speaking of everyday average users..90% won't even notice the camera is improved over the s4, so that argument doesn't work IMO.

I won't even comment on the "higher and lower brightness" because that is just lolol. Sounds like iPhone users trying to sell things android has had for years.

I'm sorry, but people are grasping when defending this phone. What I can't figure is how websites like android central praise samsung for making Touchwiz closer to vanilla android and less gaudy....but How?? They put a freaking camera shortcut on the lock screen and gave us a white battery icon, otherwise the rom grew by about a GB over the s4 and is more bloated than ever. They are following the apple footprint by locking the phone down and offering extremely minor upgrades, but I don't blame them because they still make millions by working less because people still buy this stuff like it's the best thing ever.

Note 3. That's innovation. This phone does everything. Maybe the Note 4 will arrive with features worthy of an upgrade. The normal people can have the s5 because commercials told them it was cool.

Are you really suggesting that users won't notice they take less crappy photos? That their phone is better in direct sunlight?

How exactly is Note 3 innovation? What new features did it bring that it's predecessor did not have besides the usual performance bump?

martindar

Sep 10, 2012
plymouth,devon uk
what intrigues me is the fact the s5 uses wifi and data at the same time when using the web be great to see how that works and if it really makes a difference should imagine its pretty fast?

degast

Oct 1, 2008
Plus not to mention that the galaxy s5 rom will take 8gb of internal space. Bloatware much. So in essence buy the 16gb version to save money. Only have 8 gb of free storage space.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Actually you get 10,6 GB of free storage. The "2 GB" was MWC stuff on it.

Oh and I think the 128GB microSD card support does kind of help, no?

Last edited:

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
at the end of the day people will keep praising samsung and choose to buy it after finding out that the new HTC One will have only 2600mah battery and non removable and oppo find 7's 2k screen is washed out and you can't tell difference with 1080p screen anyway. not to mention lg g3 will have a very powerful processor like the snapdragon 805 but still laggy. i predict in the end samsung still wins although i hope i'm wrong. cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure this cheap knockoff will be worth every penny.
    Wait for Galaxy note 4. I am sure sammy will give us good surprises

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

ahh yes that is true
    but a friend of mine told me
    "if you keep waiting for something better, you will end up waiting forever" ;)
    It's so hard to find a flagship phone that looks good, has a replaceable battery and microsd slot.