[ROM] CM Nightlies Report (Progress Towards 6.1.0)

Search This thread

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008
The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the #169 nightly and an underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible Build #100 or newer. Thank you!

Anecdotal Reports for 169:
-Video camera functions, Infinite focus only
-LEDs function as expected. Please remember Pule under your audio settings
-Stock kernel performs VERY well, however invisibleKs may improve your mileage

Download the newest nightlies from:
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben1123

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the 9/18 nightly when Adrenylyne's underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible 9/18 or newer. Thanks!

Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?

Last edited:

Ianxcom

Aug 26, 2010
I ran nightly 9/19 starting last night until now. The email FC problem seemed fixed from the 6.0.2 but i would get random restarts and incredilight would FC alot.

Cant wait for 6.1

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.

alexdw369

Jun 15, 2010
i'd recommend using the HTC flashlight apk.. it works without the sense framework (works with cm6).

you can grab it from the themes/apps forum.

Unless I found the wrong post, the com.htc.flashlight.apk that was ported over from the Desire 2.2 Rom does not use the LEDs, but uses the screen instead. That is pretty gay.

daftlush

Nov 12, 2009
L.A.
I am on 9/19 and I'm happy to announce that my Gallery and Music Player can detect pictures and music on BOTH the eMMC and microSD.

However, Gallery still doesn't set pictures as wallpaper.

Running King's kernel but about to switch to Adrynalyne's new Battery Saver kernel.

wwjdd44

Jun 6, 2010
Deep South
Can you verify that the built in wifi tethering works (using adrenylynes kernel)? if that doesn't, what about the wifi tethering app, and if it works, what version are you running, pre9?

I am using the 9/19 version. With adrenylynes kernel the built in wifi does not work.....the pre9 does work. I just tried this kernel to see if it worked or not.....it does not allow adb wireless to work, so I went back to Koush's stock kernel. I have not had any problems running the stock kernel and my battery life is quite good.

^^ Gallery lets me set a pic as wallpaper..

Last edited:

daftlush

Nov 12, 2009
L.A.
I am using the 9/19 version. With adrenylynes kernel the built in wifi does not work.....the pre9 does work. I just tried this kernel to see if it worked or not.....it does not allow adb wireless to work, so I went back to Koush's stock kernel. I have not had any problems running the stock kernel and my battery life is quite good.

^^ Gallery lets me set a pic as wallpaper..

Gallery lets me set as wallpaper on 9/20... but some dark ones (black wood) look like they're all black.

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008
I can confirm that wifi-tether (packaged and pre-9) both function as expected. No reboots overnight. Uptime of 21 hours, wifi and bluetooth on and off, mostly the former. Installing 9/20, no wipe.

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
i was running the 9/15 nightly for a few days with minimum apps to test stability. still had the "temp drop" problem on both incoming and outgoing calls. battery life was abysmal (8-10 hours max, light usage...something was keeping my cell standby in the same percentage as display usage and chewing up battery).

last night i got several freezes, reboots, and two battery pulls. so now i'm on 9/20 nightly. so far so good for stability, but already down 20% 2 hours after unplugging. something isn't letting my phone sleep; any idea what it might be, or how to find out? i'm running relatively few apps at the moment, but see no performance differences to when i had a ****-ton of apps/widgets running.

edit: emmc still doesn't mount in windows. shows up as 660 MB according to the OS's "SD Card and phone storage", but all the Gee Bee's are being reported as 6.6 GB under astro.

Last edited:

Asterdroid

Jun 15, 2010
Providence
i was running the 9/15 nightly for a few days with minimum apps to test stability. still had the "temp drop" problem on both incoming and outgoing calls. battery life was abysmal (8-10 hours max, light usage...something was keeping my cell standby in the same percentage as display usage and chewing up battery).

last night i got several freezes, reboots, and two battery pulls. so now i'm on 9/20 nightly. so far so good for stability, but already down 20% 2 hours after unplugging. something isn't letting my phone sleep; any idea what it might be, or how to find out? i'm running relatively few apps at the moment, but see no performance differences to when i had a ****-ton of apps/widgets running.

Are you using the most recent Trillian beta? If so, set it to battery saver mode or it will drain the crap out of your battery. The polling frequency on the regular mode is too frequent.

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008

I've also had great luck with Adrenylyne's new undervolted kernel.

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009

ok i'll bump-charge and give it a shot. anything's gotta be better than this! sad, because on my Nexus One with stock CM6 + juice defender, i got some 40 hours out of a charge. i miss that phone lol.

nordr

Sep 14, 2010

This.

Started with 6.0.2, upgraded to 9/20 nightly with no wipe. I've previously tried KK, CM6's stock kernel, and adrynalyne's AOSP kernel. Of the four, this newest undervolted kernel is performing like an absolute champ. Tethering (both built-in and pre9) is working, and I am having none of the CDMA signal attenuation issues while also using the WiFi radio that I previously had.

Somebody is getting laid for this.

dnoyeb

Nov 15, 2007
Auburn, AL
This.

Started with 6.0.2, upgraded to 9/20 nightly with no wipe. I've previously tried KK, CM6's stock kernel, and adrynalyne's AOSP kernel. Of the four, this newest undervolted kernel is performing like an absolute champ. Tethering (both built-in and pre9) is working, and I am having none of the CDMA signal attenuation issues while also using the WiFi radio that I previously had.

Somebody is getting laid for this.

sounds awesome, I am installing latest now and will follow suit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive just started using the nightly of cm (build 177) and enjoying it.

May i ask where I can find the buildbot changelogs?

I hate just flashing all the time, so id like to see the changelogs to see what changed in each build.

Thanks in advance for the info.

dc
    I look here: http://buildbot.teamdouche.net/builders/cm_inc_full
    Click on whichever nightly you want to see the stats of.
    If the warnings-count number is different between two, it usually means they changed something.
    If the number stays the same, it means no change.

For example, the 175/176 and 177/178 builds have the same warning-count, so it should mean that nothing was changed in the code to affect the ROM.
    Unfortunately, it's not a firm changelog, but it at least lets you know whether or not to flash the new one.

I am currently running the #169 nightly and an underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible Build #100 or newer. Thank you!

Anecdotal Reports for 169:
    -Video camera functions, Infinite focus only
    -LEDs function as expected. Please remember Pule under your audio settings
    -Stock kernel performs VERY well, however invisibleKs may improve your mileage

Download the newest nightlies from:
    http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc
    Are you saying more errors = a bad thing?

One other comment I noticed about #176, the lockscreen slider for "Messenger" didn't work. "Phone" and "Vibrate" and "Unlock" worked, but not "Messenger".
    Yeah, what he said. You gotta pick the messages app in the settings.

And no, I'm not saying more errors means a worse build, I am merely saying that it looks like they changed something from 175/6 to 177
    yea it's strange. I downloaded and installed the newest version manually and it kept force closing. So i manually downloaded an older version and its fine, but it's still not in the market so im guessing it wont ever update.

wipe everything and start over and you might as well grab the latest nightly and the latest kernel while you are at it