Version: 4.49.25.17 (HTC)
Download from: Rapidshare or 4shared

Version: 4.49.25.57 (HTC, T-Mobile)
Download from: 4shared

Version: 4.49.25.88 (HTC, T-Mobile)
Download from: Rapidshare or 4shared or 4shared

Version: 4.49.25.91

Version: 4.49.25.77 (Telstra, Australia)
Download from: Rapidshareor 4shared

> > Current latest release - posted July 2010 < <
Version: 4.49.25.95
Download from: 4shared*
* The filename in this package says it's radio 4.48.25.95 but it IS 4.49.25.95.
&
Version: 4.49.25.94 (Brightstar)

If you want to check the radio region have a look at the WiKi HERE.

Thanks to:
HTCPedia for sharing their info and links.
wpbear for providing 4shared mirrors.
Pumpiron579 for providing us with multiple radios and new mirrors, even in 2012 ;)
tierecke for rapidshare mirror.
All others who provided us with mirrors but who I forgot to mention.

Some files might contain the a file called "RILPHONE.DLL". Use this file at your own risk. Users have reported that it caused them to hard-reset their devices to obtain radio signal.

Flashing a Rhodium radio
Follow the ROM flashing guide HERE, flashing a radio takes exactly the same steps. Most importantly, you will need HardSPL (read HERE) to flash Rhodium radios.
Flashing a radio will not wipe your data but making a backup before flashing anything is always recommended.
Security unlocking is not needed if you want to flash a Rhodium radio.

Flashing non-Rhodium (Topaz) radios
If you have flashed HardSPL and want to flash Topaz radios, security unlocking is needed (see HERE).
HardSPL does not security unlock your phone, so do not attempt to flash Topaz radios without security unlocking the phone.

Note: Radios for other models than Rhodium and Topaz will never work and should never be flashed.

Additional information
An often mentioned file is rilphone.dll. This file interacts with your Radio and can make a difference in radio, GPS, battery performance and a couple of other things.
This file cannot just be replaced by copying.

As it stands now, the only way to get a rilphone.dll to work properly in a ROM is by cooking it into the ROM.
More information about this rilphone can be found HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Likn'_ùs

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Personal gift from joshkoss. Will see if we need this post in the future for additional information.

Last edited:

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Personal gift from joshkoss. Will see if we need this post in the future for additional information.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Stuck (and modded the title a little ;)).

Now hurry up and post some content :D.

Dave

Haha I will :p I just need to get my ROM thread all fixed up...

Radios I have so far are AT&T, HTC original Radio and the updated radio. Don't have version numbers off of the top of my head. Also, I am looking into to see if the rilphone.dll works the same as it does on the Touch Pro. I am guessing it does but want to double check...

freakingwilly

Jun 27, 2007
Chicago
What about T-Mobile's radio? Ever since I got the TP2, I've never seen my service go above 3 bars. It's usually 1 or 2 bars, but I can get a good 3G signal from just about anywhere. I'd like to think that it's just me, but past experience has proven to me that T-Mobile's coverage in Chicago is unparalleled.

It just saddens me that my Wing had 4 bars of service about 90% of the time... and that was with the stock radio. :( Service stayed the same with the new radio, but battery life was much better when handling data.

kramdam

Aug 12, 2009
AT&T Radio

So I've been looking around the boards and *think* I have the answer to my question, but I want to confirm.

I have the unbranded Touch Pro 2. I just upgraded to 6.5 (Woot!) and I love it.

One thing: I'm on EDGE since I'm in the US and apparently ATT and TM don't use the same frequencies as Europe for 3G(who knew?). I'm loving me some 3G and want to know if it is possible to upgrade the radio in the phone to get 3G in the US on ATT and/or TM.

I still have some time on my contract with ATT, so 3G on ATT would be wonderful.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting 3G to work for me in the US?

Thanks all!

jehlinger

Dec 8, 2003
So I've been looking around the boards and *think* I have the answer to my question, but I want to confirm.

I have the unbranded Touch Pro 2. I just upgraded to 6.5 (Woot!) and I love it.

One thing: I'm on EDGE since I'm in the US and apparently ATT and TM don't use the same frequencies as Europe for 3G(who knew?). I'm loving me some 3G and want to know if it is possible to upgrade the radio in the phone to get 3G in the US on ATT and/or TM.

I still have some time on my contract with ATT, so 3G on ATT would be wonderful.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting 3G to work for me in the US?

Thanks all!

Unfortunately you are SOL. I would advise you sell your unbranded and wait for the ATT version or switch to T-mobile, get their version and you will be 3G now. Their is no radio ROM update that will allow you on ATT or T-mobile 3G as the RADIO HARDWARE is different.

mingkee

here is a question
is it possible to keep current 3G bands by flashing ROM for other country with radio ROM included?
that is, we know Tungsten and Fortress will have different 3G frequencies from Euro/Asia
e.g. if I flash CHT (Hong Kong) ROM with radio ROM included on TP 2 from T-Mobile US, is it possible to keep 3G band for T-Mobile?
or is there any option to just flash main ROM only, no radio ROM?

bugdeyez

Apr 19, 2008
BKNY
www.bragginrites.com
TMO 3.45.25.14 radio on Touch HD

Hey guys...can anyone get me the TMO radio 3.45.25.14 for the Touch Pro 2?? I am hoping that it would help me get the 3g signal on my Touch HD. Any thoughts??

biscuits1978

Feb 17, 2008
Arkansas
here is a question
is it possible to keep current 3G bands by flashing ROM for other country with radio ROM included?
that is, we know Tungsten and Fortress will have different 3G frequencies from Euro/Asia
e.g. if I flash CHT (Hong Kong) ROM with radio ROM included on TP 2 from T-Mobile US, is it possible to keep 3G band for T-Mobile?
or is there any option to just flash main ROM only, no radio ROM?

I am 98% certain that the frequency bands are dependent on the hardware of the phone, not the radio ROM.

valenumr

Jun 28, 2008
Honolulu
So has anyone tried flashing a US radio ROM on a European phone yet? I am curious to see if this is a ROM (proto) issue, or an actual Hardware issue. I like my AT&T network, but I am not sure if I will buy their branded phone if I have the option to purchase something else.

HardSPL 3.56

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
So has anyone tried flashing a US radio ROM on a European phone yet? I am curious to see if this is a ROM (proto) issue, or an actual Hardware issue. I like my AT&T network, but I am not sure if I will buy their branded phone if I have the option to purchase something else.

HardSPL 3.56
I just flashed it, not much of a noticable difference! I can tell you with certainty the the 3G issue you are having is hardware not software. T-Mobile US uses different bands than the other providers and this is all controlled by the hardware on the phone! I agree, the European TP2 looks better than the T-Mobile TP2 but if you want 3G through T-Mobile you need to buy theirs! As I see you are with at&t you will need to look into the bands your phone use (800, 1900 Mz ect) to see what is compatable with at&t's network. If it is not working now flashing a different radio will not change that! It is still a good looking phone, I love mine and the 3G is worth it! :)

Last edited:

valenumr

Jun 28, 2008
Honolulu
Well, the MSM7200A package supposedly includes the RTR6285 chip, which is essentially the wireless "modem". From the 6285 datasheet:

• North American triple-band UMTS (bands 2, 4, 5)
• Japanese triple-band UMTS (bands 1, 6, 9)
• European, Chinese and ROW triple-band UMTS (bands 1, 3, 8)
• Global quadruple-band GSM and EDGE (800/900/1800/1900 MHz)
• GPS receive band

Anyhow, band 2 & 5 is AT&T while 4 is T-Mo. (Interestingly, it looks like most of the branded HTC phones operate at 2100MHz as well, which is band 1).

The point here is, why would HTC go to the trouble of manufacturing multiple hardware boards if they can just control the chip configuration with software?

It would be interesting to see if an AT&T phone flashed with a T-Mo radio would work on the T-Mo 3G network, or vice-versa.

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Well, the MSM7200A package supposedly includes the RTR6285 chip, which is essentially the wireless "modem". From the 6285 datasheet:

• North American triple-band UMTS (bands 2, 4, 5)
• Japanese triple-band UMTS (bands 1, 6, 9)
• European, Chinese and ROW triple-band UMTS (bands 1, 3, 8)
• Global quadruple-band GSM and EDGE (800/900/1800/1900 MHz)
• GPS receive band

Anyhow, band 2 & 5 is AT&T while 4 is T-Mo. (Interestingly, it looks like most of the branded HTC phones operate at 2100MHz as well, which is band 1).

The point here is, why would HTC go to the trouble of manufacturing multiple hardware boards if they can just control the chip configuration with software?

It would be interesting to see if an AT&T phone flashed with a T-Mo radio would work on the T-Mo 3G network, or vice-versa.
No it wouldnt, I have T-Mobile and also have an at&t fuze and my fuze will not work with T-Mobile 3G no matter what I flash on it! Lame!!

valenumr

Jun 28, 2008
Honolulu
Hmmm.. well, I think the tilt / fuze / touch pro 2 all use essentially the same chip set. From what I gather, the MSM7200 / MSM7201 are basically the same thing, and the MSM7200a / MSM7201a are just the 45nm version of that chip with twice the RAM/ROM and a slightly faster CPU, so... damn? Maybe I'll flash a japanese radio on my tilt and see if I don't break it :)

missile2004

Sep 27, 2008
new link

the link provided is over ,here is the new onehttp://hotfile.com/dl/9477758/4def0d6/HotFix_Rhodium_Radio_3.46.25.30_.exe.html

akirius

Aug 14, 2009
Hey guys
Im a topaz(Diamond II) owner. Do you guys know if i will be able to use Rhodium rom on diamond II? I really want to try out the tmobile rom for touch pro 2

In the mean time, if anyone is interested,
I wrote a tiny program that will record your phone signal strength over time into a data text file so you can analyze your radio performance. I wrote this because my signal fluctuates too much on older touch diamond 2 radio roms.
This program has only been tested for a day by myself so far on diamond2, but should work for Rhodium no problem.
after you run, the recorded data can be found on data.txt on your root directory

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your "Rhodeum Radios" appears to be empty. Folder name also contains a typo. Should be "Rhodium Radios".

Updated first post and cleaned non working URL's.

Corrected and link, should work now
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/27735927/c90c5f96/sharing.html#dir=35929940
    Rhodium (Touch Pro2) Radio's

Version: 3.44.25.27 (HTC)

Version: 3.45.25.14 (AT&T, T-Mobile)
    Download from: 4shared or 4shared

Version: 3.46.25.18 (HTC)

Version: 3.46.25.30 (HTC)

Version: 4.46.25.24 (HTC)

Version: 4.47.25.24 (AT&T, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.48.25.20 (AT&T, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.49.25.05 (HTC)

Version: 4.49.25.17 (HTC)

Version: 4.49.25.57 (HTC, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.49.25.88 (HTC, T-Mobile)
    Download from: Rapidshare or 4shared or 4shared

Version: 4.49.25.91

Version: 4.49.25.77 (Telstra, Australia)
    Download from: Rapidshareor 4shared

> > Current latest release - posted July 2010 < <
    Version: 4.49.25.95
    Download from: 4shared*
    * The filename in this package says it's radio 4.48.25.95 but it IS 4.49.25.95.
    &
    Version: 4.49.25.94 (Brightstar)

If you want to check the radio region have a look at the WiKi HERE.

Thanks to:
    HTCPedia for sharing their info and links.
    wpbear for providing 4shared mirrors.
    Pumpiron579 for providing us with multiple radios and new mirrors, even in 2012 ;)
    tierecke for rapidshare mirror.
    All others who provided us with mirrors but who I forgot to mention.

Some files might contain the a file called "RILPHONE.DLL". Use this file at your own risk. Users have reported that it caused them to hard-reset their devices to obtain radio signal.

Flashing a Rhodium radio
    Follow the ROM flashing guide HERE, flashing a radio takes exactly the same steps. Most importantly, you will need HardSPL (read HERE) to flash Rhodium radios.
    Flashing a radio will not wipe your data but making a backup before flashing anything is always recommended.
    Security unlocking is not needed if you want to flash a Rhodium radio.

Flashing non-Rhodium (Topaz) radios
    If you have flashed HardSPL and want to flash Topaz radios, security unlocking is needed (see HERE).
    HardSPL does not security unlock your phone, so do not attempt to flash Topaz radios without security unlocking the phone.

Note: Radios for other models than Rhodium and Topaz will never work and should never be flashed.

Additional information
    An often mentioned file is rilphone.dll. This file interacts with your Radio and can make a difference in radio, GPS, battery performance and a couple of other things.
    This file cannot just be replaced by copying.

As it stands now, the only way to get a rilphone.dll to work properly in a ROM is by cooking it into the ROM.
    More information about this rilphone can be found HERE.
    New Rhodium radio 4.49.25.57 available at htcpedia!!

I thought XDA would have it first

Most users\visitors on HTCPedia people are also on XDA since they kinda split up... ...The 4.49.25.57 was already mentioned on the previous page.

The first post should be maintained by an active user I think. At0mang hasn't changed it for ages ;)
    srry imm a lil bit of a newb when it comes to radio's
    i downloaded the newest ATT Radio off rapidshare (ATT_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95) and it turned out to be a .rar file. for some reason i cant seem to flash it onto my phone. even tryed chainging the name of the file to (RHODIMG.nbh) and tryed flashing again with no sucess. got an error message: Error File [240] : File Open.
    allso tryed flashing from memmory card. can someone assist me a lil bit plz

The *.nbh and RUU are inside the *.rar file. If you aren't familiar with compressed or zipped files, then you may want to do a bit more reading here in the forums before flashing your device. Most of the ROM, radios, and other things here will be zipped up like this as well. WinRAR or 7zip will be able to extract the files. 7zip is free and a bit more simple, in my opinion.
    The wiki page for the radio region has changed. The new page can be found Here