Search This thread

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

This is the continuation of the MinMinLock module developed by @FatMinMin. All original credits belong to him!

Features
Conventional applock softwares use polling to detect current running process, which drains your battery and slowers your device. This is why I have created MinMinLock. With the help of Xposed framework, MinMinLock uses an event-driven method to detect app launch and lock it, which results in better performance.

Visit MaxLock website!

• Multiple lock types: Password, PIN, Knock code
  • SHA-256-encrypted passwords
  • Nice design
  • Many UI personalization options
  • Fake die: app force closes on start, click on "Report" in dialog, then enter "start"
  • Compatibility from Android™ JellyBean to Lollipop
Tips and special features are located in About screen in-app

Screenshots
On Google Play™

Downloads

Xposed Repo

Changelog
Look here

Source code
https://github.com/Maxr1998/MaxLock
The code is licensed under GNU GPL v3 license.

Translations
Thanks to all the voluntary translators! Visit about section in app to see their names.
If you also want to translate module to your language or improve the existing translation, head over to source code, fork, translate and send pull-request!

Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.

Last edited:

badkill

Apr 17, 2011
México
www.google.com
thanks for this excellent module and the mention in the first post

EDIT: download error, the error message: wrong package name, download minminlock.apk instead of maxlock.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: alumoi

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
@Maxr1998 any chance of gingerbread support plz?
Um... That's not easy...
I would have to create another version, since most APIs I am using don't work for GB. Also I don't know if the base code works.
Maybe some time later, but for now I'll focus on the main version.

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Mahdi 2.7 with Xposed and hells-Core B57 KK

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
when i unlock the app it doesnt lock back when i exit the app or turn off the screen
The app stays unlocked after first opening it. If you want to relock it, you have to close app from recent apps.
So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Last edited:

mnhs1010

Feb 3, 2012
Karachi
The app keeps unlocked for a amount of time, if you want to relock it, you have to close app from recent apps.
So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

In future we have option for this?? E.g relock app on every opening and also with screenoff option??

wooki

I'm using miui android and the apps won't get locked when I close then from recent. Maybe add an select able manual timeout which starts counting as soon as the app is minimized?
Also +1 for auto lock option as soon as screen is turned off.

The lock itself is working great! Thank you very much! I've been looking for a simple app lock.

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

TewStealth

Feb 22, 2014
Hi max

Please consider adding a master switch.
Also there are some problems , for example i want to send photos via viber and the password field pops up , when i type it and click ok it starts viber over and doesnt start its gallery for choosing photos , appreciate your work.

Reactions: Maxr1998

Droidphilev

Hi,

As Max said, the app relocks once it's removed from "Recent Apps" or force closed. There is no time limit or something like that.

Well, he wrote: "The app keeps unlocked for a amount of time, if you want to relock it, you have to close app from recent apps.
So it's not a bug, it's a feature."

As i read it it says it get's locked after some time but i you want to immediately lock it then remove it from recents. That's why i asked.

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hi,

Well, he wrote: "The app keeps unlocked for a amount of time, if you want to relock it, you have to close app from recent apps.
So it's not a bug, it's a feature."

As i read it it says it get's locked after some time but i you want to immediately lock it then remove it from recents. That's why i asked.
No, @devotek is right, it is only locked again when closing the process, the timeout is another thing:
When launching an app, the app gets force closed by module and the lock activity gets launched, so after entering password the process is restarted. Now the timeout (some milliseconds) only helps that after relaunching the app it doesn't prompt again for password. Hope you understood.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the continuation of the MinMinLock module developed by @FatMinMin. All original credits belong to him!

Features
    Conventional applock softwares use polling to detect current running process, which drains your battery and slowers your device. This is why I have created MinMinLock. With the help of Xposed framework, MinMinLock uses an event-driven method to detect app launch and lock it, which results in better performance.

Visit MaxLock website!

• Multiple lock types: Password, PIN, Knock code
    • SHA-256-encrypted passwords
    • Nice design
    • Many UI personalization options
    • Fake die: app force closes on start, click on "Report" in dialog, then enter "start"
    • Compatibility from Android™ JellyBean to Lollipop
    Tips and special features are located in About screen in-app

Screenshots
    On Google Play™

Downloads

Xposed Repo

Changelog
    Look here

Source code
    https://github.com/Maxr1998/MaxLock
    The code is licensed under GNU GPL v3 license.

Translations
    Thanks to all the voluntary translators! Visit about section in app to see their names.
    If you also want to translate module to your language or improve the existing translation, head over to source code, fork, translate and send pull-request!

Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
    We're finally there: MaxLock 7.0-RC1 has just been released to the Beta channel on Google Play!

Today is exactly (*) one year after I published the previous version, 6.4.1, to the Play Store. Additionally, this is my 2000th post on XDA. Yay!
    I'll do a write-up of the full changelog tomorrow, because I'm just too tired now to do anything anymore. Also, even though this build is pretty polished and all, expect some bugs - not because I didn't test it thoroughly, but because this is Android after all - there will be a weird configuration which I couldn't reproduce breaking the whole functionality ^^
    So, please report any issues through the respective button in-app.
    Thanks for all the support, ideas, donations and motivation. I couldn't do all that without you. So, thanks! :)

(*) It's past 2am here, so it's technically already the next day/a day later, but psst!
    Why do not you tell us whether you plan to continue supporting your product or not? If so, what are the terms, how long should we wait?
    Really, what's so complicated about reading the last pages?
    I already fixed the bugs that specifically affected support for Nougat, but some parts aren't finished yet. I could push out a release right now, but with usability issues and potential bugs keeping you away from using the app properly. Would you rather have an unfinished app now or wait a little more and get an awesome update?
    Also, your attitude towards myself and my "product", which I basically develop in my free time, without real payment apart from some small donations, doesn't help finishing the update faster..
    I didn't do nothing in the last weeks, if you just took a look at my GitHub you'd see quite some activity..
    People like you though, being impatient, rude and asking for ETAs, decrease my motivation quite heavily, so your impression of me abandoning the app might come true if it continues like that.

So, please, just stay patient, all I can say you now is that it'll be worth the wait.
    Great app and thanks for it. But I have one question: Is it possible to hide notification that is "content hidden by maxlock"? Because if I want to make something really hidden then I don't want it to be declared as hidden by any other app. So, how to lock any app without any notification on the bar but with notifications as sound and vibration?

I asked similar question about ten days ago and still waiting for an answer. Am I missing something or just being ignored intentionally?
    Thank you spaceman but as far as I could see dev can answer questions, and he can indicate the situation. According to you I must be patient because I'm using non-Nougat version, right? Is this a rightful approach?
    I think you all have to be equally patient, as Nougat support and the notification feature will likely come out on the same day :D
    And no, I didn't intentionally ignore you, I read your request (as I read all requests and messages in here), but I was too busy to reply at that moment (likely because that "about 10 days ago" was 11 days ago, which was my birthday..), and it kind of got lost in between the other posts.

Also, that request is actually pretty old, as I have it on my to-do list for months already (see proof in attachments), so fear not, it'll likely be included in the next version.
    Cheers!
    So, I'm happy to finally announce that RC5 is now available on the Play Store! I'll push it to Xposed repo later today if everything works smoothly. Thanks for the patience!

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs