digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
Go to setting -accessibility-color adjustment
Like the pic below where the green circle at
8ugaqaju.jpg

D

Deleted member 4541696

Interesting... Wonder why I've never heard of this. Is it an artificial contrast, so like just adding more sharpening affect? Or is it actually making Black's blacker and White's whiter?

StreetkillnHD

Sep 13, 2012
8ugaqaju.jpg

i was just telling people this. people that whine that the colors arnt as high contrast as g2.
the g2 has the same setting.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Interesting... Wonder why I've never heard of this. Is it an artificial contrast, so like just adding more sharpening affect? Or is it actually making Black's blacker and White's whiter?

if u play around with it and adjust it to ur needs "brighter" colors or "darker"
its basically just like adjusting ur tv contrast.,

D

Deleted member 4541696

i was just telling people this. people that whine that the colors arnt as high contrast as g2.
the g2 has the same setting.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

if u play around with it and adjust it to ur needs "brighter" colors or "darker"
its basically just like adjusting ur tv contrast.,

So, If you ran this through a actual contrast test (the one review sites use), would it show an improvement? I hope so, because this phone according to review sites has quite a low contrast ratio

StreetkillnHD

Sep 13, 2012
So, If you ran this through a actual contrast test (the one review sites use), would it show an improvement? I hope so, because this phone according to review sites has quite a low contrast ratio

The phone was designed to have natural colors, alot people dont understand it because they are use to the high contrast in displays the super amoled. Also when they review the phone they never show off the color adjuster feature..
All i can say is try it ur self.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wallah

Koroz

Sep 3, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8ugaqaju.jpg
    make it just right!

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but just wanted to let you guys know that if you use an app like SQlite editor you can edit this with any numeric setting you would like.
    Open SQlite editor -find "setting storage" - click "secure"- and then close to the bottom you will have options for accessibility_color_hue , accessibility_color_contrast and accessibility_color_intensity. My personal setting for right this second are hue=0 contrast=.385 intensity=10 . this should give you a pretty good black white contrast with lots of color. After changing numbers simply toggling your color adjustment off and back on will display the new color setting. Test out with dual window to see changes between on and off right away. Enjoy!
    Very nice. What's the optimal contrast level for this phone? Coming from a GS4, I'm wondering how much i need to adjust it.

For my display @ 50% brightness auto turned off, putting the icon directly above the camera produces perfect contrast and blackness levels according to this "template page" based test site:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php#colorbands.png
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php#blacktest.png
    Woah! Way better. Nice find! :highfive:

EDIT: For me, the sweet spot is right on top of the camera icon.
    Anyone found a decent setting for Lollipop since the color settings screenshot is changed I can't "aim" anymore lol.

Hi, I recently updated to lollipop as well. Its awesome! Anw, what you can do to aim better is just turn on show touch data in developer options. What it does is to precisely measure where your touch is registered in the touchscreen on the X and y axis displayed at the top.
    This trick can be used for KitKat as well.

The measurements are as follows:
    X axis 718.5 (you don't wanna change this. Its in the center of the y axis)
    Y axis 1012.5 (adjust the y axis according to your contrast preference. Or use this one.)

Note: If you use this y axis setting, make sure your font is set to newsmartgothic and medium size. Variation in the font size changes the layout of the paragraph on the colour adjustment page a little, making the picture placement be higher or lower. As the x and y axis is based on your screen and not the picture below, your contrast may be off. Oh, and you can change back to your own font settings after applying the changes.

Cheers!