ZMAX 2 (Z958) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official

Search This thread

dogginky

May 18, 2012
I m new and can not post a link. Should be able to pull on OTA. I had to call A TT and they pushed the update to my phone. Releasd Today by A TT

robertr1229

Apr 22, 2015
Has anybody captured the OTA url? Like many I have one that I moved over to T-Mobile and can't pull the OTA without an active ATT sim.

tejtank

Jan 6, 2016
Been looking forward to this. I hope someone can help with OTA update link soon. I'm also not on ATT with z958.

tejtank

Jan 6, 2016
I activated old ATT sim card (https://www.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo) for free and pop-it into Z958.
Had to try few time but finally was able to download the update - however, it couldn't install , phone just shut downed. Retried and same issue.

I can try again, but does anyone have any instructions/guide for extracting OTA for non-rooted ZTE ZMax 2 ? If so I can try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon_Russo23

nexus14

May 9, 2010
Last edited:

tejtank

Jan 6, 2016
I have a ZTE Zmax 2 and would like to know what I can do to help get this OTA update out for everyone. It is being used on T-mobile currently, but I have a few old GoPhone ATT SIM cards that I haven't activated yet.

Let me know what I can do!

It seems this is the best way to do it: http://www.androidsage.com/2016/01/21/how-to-capture-ota-update-url-for-your-android-device/

I will try again next week when I have access to the phone!

I tried the same several times - but couldn't find the URL.

Also have another problem, phone downloads the update (takes forever) but couldn't install it. It tries but just shuts down. And when I manually boot it, it says update failed.

So I'm hoping getting the OTA would fix this.

nexus14

May 9, 2010
I tried the same several times - but couldn't find the URL.

Also have another problem, phone downloads the update (takes forever) but couldn't install it. It tries but just shuts down. And when I manually boot it, it says update failed.

So I'm hoping getting the OTA would fix this.

I have read that the update is big (1.1 GB) so it will take awhile to download. Do you mind sharing the logcat?

I plan on following the guide but it would be disappointing to know that you have tried and nothing came out of it :(

tejtank

Jan 6, 2016
I have read that the update is big (1.1 GB) so it will take awhile to download. Do you mind sharing the logcat?

I plan on following the guide but it would be disappointing to know that you have tried and nothing came out of it :(

I'll try again when i get the phone back in week or two.
Let me know if you are able to make any progress :)

Reactions: katone

vmed9621

Jan 14, 2017
I'm not a tech or anything like that. I just wanted the update pretty bad like everybody else. I'm using my ZTE ZMAX 2 with a Tracfone account (I'm a light user).
I received the update last night by trying these steps...
1. I powered down the phone.
2. Removed Sim card.
3. I went into Recovery mode (Volume up + Power) (I held Volume up till I got in)
4. Wipe Cache Partition (it took a while)
5. Reboot Phone (Without Sim Card)
6. Go to settings, Att software update, and check for updates.
That was all it took. It started downloading, which looked like a 2 part download, because it temporarily stopped and started downloading again.
So good luck! I know it worked for me. I tried all week checking for updates till I got it last night using these steps! Doesn't hurt to try you might get surprised like me and start enjoying Marshmallow Madness!
**Sidenote... I noticed in Developer options, it has a setting for OEM Unlocking Bootloader!

Reactions: Sagguy

Docargenis

Jan 31, 2017
Someone else?

I'm not a tech or anything like that. I just wanted the update pretty bad like everybody else. I'm using my ZTE ZMAX 2 with a Tracfone account (I'm a light user).
I received the update last night by trying these steps...
1. I powered down the phone.
2. Removed Sim card.
3. I went into Recovery mode (Volume up + Power) (I held Volume up till I got in)
4. Wipe Cache Partition (it took a while)
5. Reboot Phone (Without Sim Card)
6. Go to settings, Att software update, and check for updates.
That was all it took. It started downloading, which looked like a 2 part download, because it temporarily stopped and started downloading again.
So good luck! I know it worked for me. I tried all week checking for updates till I got it last night using these steps! Doesn't hurt to try you might get surprised like me and start enjoying Marshmallow Madness!
**Sidenote... I noticed in Developer options, it has a setting for OEM Unlocking Bootloader!

Someone else has do this? I need this run perfectly (It´s for my wife ;) )

kajex

Nov 3, 2008
Bump. I have looked everywhere and I cannot find this OTA. My ZMAX 2 is unlocked and I'm not with AT&T, but would love marshmallow on it.

jedinat

Mar 2, 2014
Guys, guys. Figure this out please. Digitizer is janky on lollipop, even after sending it in for repair twice. Hoping a new firmware fixes it.

npatel555

May 15, 2014
i have ordered the atnt sim, will b in my hands in 24 hours. i will pull the ota links for all the updates that come on my phone.

Top Liked Posts