[UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0]LineageOS-15.1 For Nexus 9 (WIFI)[06/17/18]

Search This thread

䙉ʐû

Aug 21, 2014
Beijing
This ROM is highly experimental . Bugs may occur at any time.

Thanks LineageOS team for the source.

First boot takes time, just wait patiently

What works:
Audio
WIFI
USB
Camera
Gravity

Issues:
HW still broken :(
but thanks for the solution provided by @USBhost , maybe it isn't a perfect solution for our broken hw, but stock video player and camera works now.:good:

Root Method :
Magisk 16.4

Device Tree : (Force encryption disabled)
https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_htc_flounder

Lineage Builds: (06/17/2018)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234619

Gapps:
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=237585

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171210-045632.png
    Screenshot_20171210-045632.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 12,684
  • Screenshot_20171212-200220.png
    Screenshot_20171212-200220.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 12,247
  • Screenshot_20171212-200246.jpg
    Screenshot_20171212-200246.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 12,263
  • Screenshot_20171212-200430.png
    Screenshot_20171212-200430.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 11,644
  • Screenshot_20171212-200509.jpg
    Screenshot_20171212-200509.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 11,505
  • Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180402-011412.jpg
    Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180402-011412.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 6,947
  • Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher_20180405-045722.jpg
    Screenshot_Pixel_Launcher_20180405-045722.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 6,623
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180405-045717.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180405-045717.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 6,553
Last edited:

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
Dirty flashed over Noobuilds and the only issues are that Bluetooth crashes and it encrypted my device, but can live with that, especially given that I dirty flashed a completely different version of android :)

Rooted with Magisk 14.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

䙉ʐû

Aug 21, 2014
Beijing
Dirty flashed over Noobuilds and the only issues are that Bluetooth crashes and it encrypted my device, but can live with that, especially given that I dirty flashed a completely different version of android :)

Rooted with Magisk 14.

My fault.I forgot to modify fstab file:crying:
But I used SuperSU for root and it seems to prevent device being encrypted.So I didn't find that

Last edited:

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
Good enough for daily driver.

Well it works, but I've gone back to my original rom only I'm not sold as to whether or not this is a genuine Android 8 rom as I noticed it making mention of Android 7.1.1 when installing. Also surprised that it would install over the top of a 7.1.2 AOSP based rom with no issues as such.

I could be wrong of course!!

Last edited:

䙉ʐû

Aug 21, 2014
Beijing
Well it works, but I've gone back to my original rom only I'm not sold as to whether or not this is a genuine Android 8 rom as I noticed it making mention of Android 7.1.1 when installing. Also surprised that it would install over the top of a 7.1.2 AOSP based rom with no issues as such.

It's just a build fingerprint in lineage.mk:) and doesn't make any sense for Google only released Android 7.1.1 for Nexus 9.
And LOS15 is in the early stage so there won't be much difference between AOSP and LOS I think

Reactions: RancidPenguins

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009

The first builds of unofficial Lineage still had CyanogenMod text in some places

jolinnard

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for your work. Can you make a new version that doesn't encrypt the tablet please, when you have free time?

Can you post the file /fstab.flounder ?

If the problem is the option "forceencrypt" that needs to be replaced with "encryptable" in fstab files it's very easy to do. For instance with a zip that I made some time ago that disable forceencryption and dm_verity.

Reactions: cerj and albsat

䙉ʐû

Aug 21, 2014
Beijing

If the problem is the option "forceencrypt" that needs to be replaced with "encryptable" in fstab files it's very easy to do. For instance with a zip that I made some time ago that disable forceencryption and dm_verity.

That's it.I just replace forceencrypt with encryptable in fstab
And I'll start a compile if everything goes well after I finish my exam tomorrow.
Thanks for your post again :)

Reactions: cerj

albsat

That's it.I just replace forceencrypt with encryptable in fstab
And I'll start a compile if everything goes well after I finish my exam tomorrow.
Thanks for your post again :)
Good luck with your exam. Come back after it. :d

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

You are saying that installing the file posted by you, will not let encrypt the tablet. Right? This file will not alter other files (like boot.img) which is my concern? Thanks

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

You are saying that installing the file posted by you, will not let encrypt the tablet. Right? This file will not alter other files (like boot.img) which is my concern? Thanks

Typically, it will. dm-verity/verified boot is a kernel feature, hence completely related to boot.img. :good:
The file will probably patch your current boot and disable forced-encryption.

jolinnard

Sep 3, 2009

The zip will extract boot.img, replace fstab and will repack again. Check the script boot/editramdisk.sh, as you can see it replace the word forceencrypt to encryptable. All the scripts were took of FIRE-ICE or ElementalX I believe, I only removed all the parts related to zImage...

I can't flash now Lineage to test this zip, so if you can't wait, make a backup and try. All should be fine, but I don't know if anything changed in boot.img parameters (like pagesize, ramdisk_offset, tags_offset, etc...)

LeoYL

Feb 9, 2015
Beijing
So far this ROM is awesome! The only bugs I've found yet are face unlock and NFC not working. Anyone who doesn't care about those issues can use this ROM as a daily driver. I'd never dreamed of such a stable unofficial 8.0 ROM until I found this one, since speaking of third-party ROMs Tegra sucks (e.g. Two gens of Nexus 7, the 2012 version with Tegra received 6.0 port while the 2013 version with Snapdragon received 7.0 port) and Google abandoned updating Nexus 9. Great thanks to the OP!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is highly experimental . Bugs may occur at any time.

Thanks LineageOS team for the source.

First boot takes time, just wait patiently

What works:
    Audio
    WIFI
    USB
    Camera
    Gravity

Issues:
    HW still broken :(
    but thanks for the solution provided by @USBhost , maybe it isn't a perfect solution for our broken hw, but stock video player and camera works now.:good:

Root Method :
    Magisk 16.4

Device Tree : (Force encryption disabled)
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_htc_flounder

Lineage Builds: (06/17/2018)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234619

Gapps:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=237585
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let’s remember that this is a development thread. Anything posted here MUST be related to the development of THIS Rom.

Not the frequency of its updates, or the activity of the dev, or which one of you has the better arguing skills.

Please stop the off-topic chatter, chest beating, and discussion about cyber-bullying. This is NOT Facebook or Instagram or any other social media site where users get to be keyboard warriors and insult, demean, or attack other users.

Please re-read Forum Rules and follow them. Those who continue to post off-topic comments or continue to violate the rules will have their accounts reviewed for restriction or removal.

If the Rom is not being updated to your liking, find another Rom. If the dev isn’t as attentive as you think they should be, find another Rom.

Let’s get back to DEVELOPMENT talk about this Rom.

Thank you.
    To clear confusion: when you see HW in O its not HW its SW but called HW. Because when HW codecs are disabled Android believes the SW codecs are the HW ones so you see HW or its just the app is not smart enough to know the difference.
    Great! Hope this ROM can be more and more stable.

今天重新编译了一个userdebug版本,目前用起来感觉还不错:)
    Getting HW acceleration working is priority for these guys and it is a ***** to get working as of now. You gotta give these things time because its like finding a needle in a haystack alot of the time.

At least you know what you're looking for in that Haystack. We are looking for something that broke something. :eek: