[guide] steps to unbrick Redmi note 7 (lavender)

Search This thread

angelline2005

Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys,
I) My phone status before hardbricked:
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
II) Cause to hardbricked:
- I flashed the global rom "lavender_global_images_V10.2.7.0.PFGMIXM_20190408.0000.00_9.0_global_082cfb72fb", then flash the china rom "lavender_images_V10.3.1.0.PFGCNXM_20190403.0000.00_9.0_cn_a2cbd6207b"
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL
Prog Emmc Firehose MBN(Patched) Credits: Chocoml
Any ARB4 fastboot rom: my phone is china variant so I use this rom: "lavender_images_V10.3.1.0.PFGCNXM_20190403.0000.00_9.0_cn_a2cbd6207b"

1. Download and install QPST.
2. Download and Extract fastboot rom folder. You can use any latest fastboot rom. If you have Global variant use Global fastboot rom and if China variant use China fastboot rom to prevent being stucked on recovery (Miui version can't be installed in this device).
3. Download patched prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn and copy inside fastboot rom images folder.
4. Remove back cover, remove battery. While connecting 2 Test-Point, plug in USB cable into PC
My phone back cover: see attachment
Test Point: see attachment
5. Run QFIL from bin folder, select Flat Build (prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn), Load XML (rawprogram0.xml), (patch0.xml) and click Download.
6. How to flash with QFIL
Everything unknown: contact me on telegram lavender group: XDA MOD EDIT: TELEGRAM GROUP LINK REMOVED | SUPPORT MUST NOT BE HIDDEN BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
Source: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/fix-arb-bricked-device-qfil-t3841780

Attachments

• uck_phone.jpg
    uck_phone.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 9,901
  • redmi-note-7-edl-2.jpg
    redmi-note-7-edl-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 9,940
Last edited by a moderator:

TouMoua

Apr 24, 2013
hdc-galaxy.com
Prog Emmc Firehose MBN(Patched) Credits: Chocoml work for Note 5 only
Hi guys,
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
- I flashed the global rom "lavender_global_images_V10.2.7.0.PFGMIXM_20190408.0000.00_9.0_global_082cfb72fb", then flash the china rom "lavender_images_V10.3.1.0.PFGCNXM_20190403.0000.00_9.0_cn_a2cbd6207b"
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL
Any ARB4 fastboot rom: my phone is china variant so I use this rom: "lavender_images_V10.3.1.0.PFGCNXM_20190403.0000.00_9.0_cn_a2cbd6207b"

2. Download and Extract fastboot rom folder. You can use any latest fastboot rom. If you have Global variant use Global fastboot rom and if China variant use China fastboot rom to prevent being stucked on recovery (Miui version can't be installed in this device).
3. Download patched prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn and copy inside fastboot rom images folder.
4. Remove back cover, remove battery. While connecting 2 Test-Point, plug in USB cable into PC
5. Run QFIL from bin folder, select Flat Build (prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn), Load XML (rawprogram0.xml), (patch0.xml) and click Download.
Everything unknown: contact me on telegram lavender group: XDA MOD EDIT: TELEGRAM GROUP LINK REMOVED | SUPPORT MUST NOT BE HIDDEN BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
Source: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/fix-arb-bricked-device-qfil-t3841780

AstroBiswas

Jun 1, 2016
Mumbai
Hi guys,
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL

Instead of opening the phone short circuiting the usb cable may work too more info on this thread (bottom op)
https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/lenovo-z2-plus-zuk-z2-plus-hard-brick-t3713126

aron11195

Jul 16, 2018
what do u mean hardbricked? it doesnt turn on anymore? or u cant go to fastboot or recovery mode?. and why would it hardbricked if you were just flashing global to china rom?, u forgot to wipe before flashing?.. sorry for lot of questions, im a bit paranoid since im about to flash mine.

txdvil

Oct 26, 2009
My redmi note 7 stuck on redmi-recovery 3.0 after I flash global rom to my chinese redmi note 7.
I can open the fastboot, I tried to flash chinese rom,but it said 'error cannot flash in lock state.'

then I think to edl mode, I have deep flash cable (DFC). I tried in fastboot mode but I cant open the 9008 port. any idea?

tolerance1

May 29, 2019
Hi!

This method helped me recover my Redmi Note 7 from bootloop. Thank you very much!!!

My situation was the following:
I flashed Global Rom onto phone Chinese version and accidentally locked the bootloader. After that, only opening the back cover and short-circuiting Test-Point contacts with battery unplugged helped get the COM 9008 port in Windows. Next QFIL flashed Chinese ROM into eMMC without problem, and the phone could boot into UI again!

I followed the steps precisely and confirm it works.

Also, while opening the back cover I realised that my phone had been opened by seller before me! The Test-Points contacts had distinctive dents from tweezers! I bought the phone from AliExpress from 'Xiaomi Retail Store' seller as a brand new one, but it turned out to be the contrary :|

Wish you successful restoring of your phones , mates!

Oualid7

Nov 17, 2017
Hi!

This method helped me recover my Redmi Note 7 from bootloop. Thank you very much!!!

I flashed Global Rom onto phone Chinese version and accidentally locked the bootloader. After that, only opening the back cover and short-circuiting Test-Point contacts with battery unplugged helped get the COM 9008 port in Windows. Next QFIL flashed Chinese ROM into eMMC without problem, and the phone could boot into UI again!

Also, while opening the back cover I realised that my phone had been opened by seller before me! The Test-Points contacts had distinctive dents from tweezers! I bought the phone from AliExpress from 'Xiaomi Retail Store' seller as a brand new one, but it turned out to be the contrary :|

i did exactly the same but it didn't work for me
my situation : after trying to flash the global version i got stuck on bootloop with a locked bootloader

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Hi guys,
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL

where can i find this ARB4 fastboot rom

Kronolynx

Oct 19, 2013
Madrid
Hi guys,
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL

My redmi note 7 is the chinese version with global rom and bootloader locked, I bricked it a few days after buying it and I never associated my account.
I followed the steps on this post but I'm getting some errors, any advice ?

this is the log:
https://pastebin.com/jwnSjrfc

bilogalaxy

Feb 26, 2015
Lenovo Z6 Pro
no rn 7 work again , my phone is dead after flowing ur step plz help

Hi guys,
- Bootloader unlocked
- twrp installed
III) Way to unbrick:
Downloads:
QPST/QFIL

now my rn 7 not work again , my phone is dead after flowing ur step plz help

thepunisher69

Jul 8, 2019
How unbrick redmi note 7 pro. Now in loop mode

Hi I need help to unbrick my phone. Please help!!! I need a last guide in details! I try many time with fast boot mode and adb. But i wrong something ...

Feb 4, 2019
Praised be thy guide. I rescued my phone from brick hell with this.

A few things to notice though:

I was using the European rom "lavender_eea_global_images_V10.3.5.0.PFGEUXM_20190716.0000.00_9.0_eea_5213a13935" and then stupidly flashed the global version.
With the "This MIUI version is not compatible with this device" message, my $250 phone instantly became a beautiful shiny brick.
Even when I selected keep user data (not lock) the device locked.
I tried to flash another rom using MiFlash to no avail. You need authorization from an official account to do that.
Then, I attempted this method with the european rom instead of the chinese one. Did not work.
This was out of fear as I did not really know the variant of my phone. After looking at the box the phone came in, I found the serial "M1901XXX" which pointed me that my phone was the chinese variant with an european rom.
I finally decided that I would give it a shot with the latest chinese rom. Followed the instructions *to the letter* and I got the chinese ROM working.

Closing thoughts and things I learnt from 16 hours of googling:
  • Be more careful with what you flash. Always check and heed warnings.
  • Always select clean. Never keep data or clean and lock. That is how I bricked.
  • There are two bootloaders in a phone: Primary Bootloader and Emergency Bootloader
  • All Qualcomm devices have this special mode (EDL) to directly flash a ROM to the EMMRC memory. This is done through the sahara protocol
  • Qualcomm has developed a special framework called Firehose programmer for creating partition tables and other low level operations.
  • Xiaomi locked down this EDL mode and made updates through it only available from authorised accounts due to malware and blah blah blah. ("Only noop and sig can be received before...")
  • ChocoML has provided us with a Firehose programmer file that bypasses these restrictions. However, to my knowledge, it ONLY works with the Chinese ROM and therefore, with devices that support that rom.
  • THEORICALLY, you can keep user data even after all these low level operations: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html (Scroll to blue text).
  • Every device/processor has a different Firehose programmer file. For other devices, look for the appropiate Firehose file.
  • Redmi Note 7 Pro (India) has a different chipset (violet). Do not attempt to use this guide.
  • Make sure you've got a fine USB cable with data transfer properties. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BREATHING NEARBY THIS CABLE WHEN FLASHING. Lest you get a permabrick.
  • "Receiving hello packet" Error: Reboot the PC and phone to Solve it.
  • You cannot dawdle when flashing using the QFIL. As soon as you establish a connection to the 9008 port, click on download. Lest you get a Sahara Protocol Error.
  • Useful tip: Do not connect the USB cable last to your device. Connect it first to the device and last to the computer. It's easier to short the testpoints this way.
  • Heat guns are hard to regulate. Hot plates with temperature displays are recommended to avoid display damage.
  • Have a great deal of patience. It's touch and go with these things. Do not try to rush.
  • Unplugging the battery is compulsory. You do not have to physically remove it: just remove the ribbon cable that connects it to the MB.
  • Make sure you are flashing a Fastboot rom and not a recovery one.
  • After I flashed the Chinese rom, the phone rebooted yet again to recovery. Reboot and check if it works. If not, wipe data and reboot.
  • Exercise circumspection when updating or changing ROMS. Be sure not to trigger the Anti Rollback, which has a similar upshot as flashing the incorrect rom version
  • You can no longer apply for an authorised Mi account. Thread 404'd
  • Do not pay extremely high fees for unlocking online. Try this tutorial first. Then service center. Only then pay.
  • Do not lose hope. This is the most important point of the list! It took a while and it certainly was a surly experience but you can pull it off. (Unless you've got the global version; may God be with you in that case)

Useful Links:
Disassembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arV7POS-iiM
Superb explanation of firehose programmer files: https://alephsecurity.com/2018/01/22/qualcomm-edl-1/
Firehose programmer files collection: https://www.leakite.com/collection-qualcomm-emmc-programmer-files/
A better illustrated tutorial for the procedure that the OP describes: https://miui.blog/redmi-note-7/unbr...ut-authorized-mi-account-edl-test-point-mode/ (Be sure to use the files on this thread though!)
Chinese ROM; the chinese one is not available from the MIUI en site: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/miui-roms-for-xiaomi-redmi-note-7-lavender/
Check device variant here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2123114-1-0.html
Related reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/98jr79/psa_a_potential_fix_for_flashing_in_edl_mode/

Good Luck my ditzy friends.

Xiaomi lol cac

Aug 16, 2019
Tôi đã làm đầy đủ theo hướng dẫn báo thành công nhưng nó không khởi động điện thoại xách tay redmi note7 China chuối

Sep 6, 2019
Analyzing Qualcomm protocols, rewiring cables, opening back covers. I will happily stay on my Global and just root in 2 days after the waiting period is done as I see myself doing the same once I successfully kill my phone by accidently pressing the wrong button while flashing something that I shouldn't have changed in the first place.

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Tôi đã làm đầy đủ theo hướng dẫn báo thành công nhưng nó không khởi động điện thoại xách tay redmi note7 China chuối

Gracias. Me ha funcionado.
NOTICE:
Per the forum rules, all posts on XDA no must be in the English language:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

acryllect

Mar 20, 2019
Download fail:FireHose fail: FHLoader fail:The system cannot find the file specified

I'm getting this error when trying to flash. Why? I can't find any solution online

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    - Bootloader unlocked
    - twrp installed
    III) Way to unbrick:
    Downloads:
    QPST/QFIL

Praised be thy guide. I rescued my phone from brick hell with this.

A few things to notice though:

I was using the European rom "lavender_eea_global_images_V10.3.5.0.PFGEUXM_20190716.0000.00_9.0_eea_5213a13935" and then stupidly flashed the global version.
    With the "This MIUI version is not compatible with this device" message, my $250 phone instantly became a beautiful shiny brick.
    Even when I selected keep user data (not lock) the device locked.
    I tried to flash another rom using MiFlash to no avail. You need authorization from an official account to do that.
    Then, I attempted this method with the european rom instead of the chinese one. Did not work.
    This was out of fear as I did not really know the variant of my phone. After looking at the box the phone came in, I found the serial "M1901XXX" which pointed me that my phone was the chinese variant with an european rom.
    I finally decided that I would give it a shot with the latest chinese rom. Followed the instructions *to the letter* and I got the chinese ROM working.

Closing thoughts and things I learnt from 16 hours of googling:
    • Be more careful with what you flash. Always check and heed warnings.
    • Always select clean. Never keep data or clean and lock. That is how I bricked.
    • There are two bootloaders in a phone: Primary Bootloader and Emergency Bootloader
    • All Qualcomm devices have this special mode (EDL) to directly flash a ROM to the EMMRC memory. This is done through the sahara protocol
    • Qualcomm has developed a special framework called Firehose programmer for creating partition tables and other low level operations.
    • Xiaomi locked down this EDL mode and made updates through it only available from authorised accounts due to malware and blah blah blah. ("Only noop and sig can be received before...")
    • ChocoML has provided us with a Firehose programmer file that bypasses these restrictions. However, to my knowledge, it ONLY works with the Chinese ROM and therefore, with devices that support that rom.
    • THEORICALLY, you can keep user data even after all these low level operations: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html (Scroll to blue text).
    • Every device/processor has a different Firehose programmer file. For other devices, look for the appropiate Firehose file.
    • Redmi Note 7 Pro (India) has a different chipset (violet). Do not attempt to use this guide.
    • Make sure you've got a fine USB cable with data transfer properties. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BREATHING NEARBY THIS CABLE WHEN FLASHING. Lest you get a permabrick.
    • "Receiving hello packet" Error: Reboot the PC and phone to Solve it.
    • You cannot dawdle when flashing using the QFIL. As soon as you establish a connection to the 9008 port, click on download. Lest you get a Sahara Protocol Error.
    • Useful tip: Do not connect the USB cable last to your device. Connect it first to the device and last to the computer. It's easier to short the testpoints this way.
    • Heat guns are hard to regulate. Hot plates with temperature displays are recommended to avoid display damage.
    • Have a great deal of patience. It's touch and go with these things. Do not try to rush.
    • Unplugging the battery is compulsory. You do not have to physically remove it: just remove the ribbon cable that connects it to the MB.
    • Make sure you are flashing a Fastboot rom and not a recovery one.
    • After I flashed the Chinese rom, the phone rebooted yet again to recovery. Reboot and check if it works. If not, wipe data and reboot.
    • Exercise circumspection when updating or changing ROMS. Be sure not to trigger the Anti Rollback, which has a similar upshot as flashing the incorrect rom version
    • You can no longer apply for an authorised Mi account. Thread 404'd
    • Do not pay extremely high fees for unlocking online. Try this tutorial first. Then service center. Only then pay.
    • Do not lose hope. This is the most important point of the list! It took a while and it certainly was a surly experience but you can pull it off. (Unless you've got the global version; may God be with you in that case)

Useful Links:
    Disassembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arV7POS-iiM
    Superb explanation of firehose programmer files: https://alephsecurity.com/2018/01/22/qualcomm-edl-1/
    Firehose programmer files collection: https://www.leakite.com/collection-qualcomm-emmc-programmer-files/
    A better illustrated tutorial for the procedure that the OP describes: https://miui.blog/redmi-note-7/unbr...ut-authorized-mi-account-edl-test-point-mode/ (Be sure to use the files on this thread though!)
    Chinese ROM; the chinese one is not available from the MIUI en site: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/miui-roms-for-xiaomi-redmi-note-7-lavender/
    Check device variant here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2123114-1-0.html
    Related reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/98jr79/psa_a_potential_fix_for_flashing_in_edl_mode/

Good Luck my ditzy friends.
    Hi!

Hello everybody, after 4 hours I finally find all what you need for flash global rom for redmi note 7, Bootloader lock, no need for authorised account, qfil flash, pached boot, all file in links description on YouTube. Thanks to "TT Hack-studio"
    After flashing do update to miui 12.
    Happy flashing.

P.S. If link in description stops working, let me know I upload files to the cloud.