[ROOT]Fixed multitasking completely I think...

Search This thread

Cloaker

Nov 8, 2011
Northglenn, CO
After some research and trial and error, I downloaded this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mclaught.mctweaker

You have to grant it root permission, go to memory, hit cynic killer, select On.

Hit back, save, restart if asked by the app.

Hit thanks if this helped you!

EDIT: NONE OF THIS IS MY WORK, I JUST FOUND THE APP AND TESTED ITS ABILITY TO FIX MULTITASKING ON THIS PHONE.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

carlos64030

Dec 21, 2006
This should be interesting to see how this thread plays out.
popcorn.gif

Reactions: Cloaker

Cloaker

Nov 8, 2011
Northglenn, CO
I'm not sure why it works, but even opera mobile, which closes every 2 seconds in the background(not a scientific analysis), stays open much longer. I don't know if I "solved" the problem, but this solution works very nicely with meanrom's mods. I've only played with it a few hours, but definitely a noticeable improvement.

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Trying this out, I'll report my success or disappointment LOL!

The new ROM release is a bit more merciful but not like it should be.

EDIT: Awesome!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

firmbiz94

Nov 29, 2010
Raleigh
It seems to have improved things for me..I was able to Pause a YouTube video mt to a browser page for s minute then go back to the video and pick up where it left off..never could do that b4..between this the new base and our devs sense is a good experience again..I've been using it again after running cmx for a while ..this update def smooths things out and a 6k quad with no oc is crazy..I pissed my gs3 friend off yesterday..sent him s screenie of my 6k score told him to dl quadrant and send me his results..he responded wtf is wrong with my phone...he only got like 3200

Reactions: pimpol10

baknblack

Sep 12, 2010
Kentucky
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Seems better to me also. Skyfire doesn't reload when I come back to it after leaving it alone for quite a while. It was being killed after running 2 or 3 apps.

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
Waze actually works in the background now. Still a little suspicious of this app. Anyone tried v6 supercharger on this phone? I am too lazy to do the ics required work to get it up and running

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Waze actually works in the background now. Still a little suspicious of this app. Anyone tried v6 supercharger on this phone? I am too lazy to do the ics required work to get it up and running

i did, but on mean rom 3.7 it doesnt have a effect, if this works that would be awesome

carlos64030

Dec 21, 2006
I'm running on the Viper ROM. I think I'll give it a whirl later on if no one reports anything negative. Right now, I truly hate this phone and will do almost anything to have a loving relationship with it.

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Well so far all looks good, I did the tweak, rebooted phone and opened facebook. After 30 min. I went to it twice and had no reloads. Will continue testing

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

I've been an XDA member for a long time & yeah, I did the setup for one ICS ROM once & wasn't interested on repeating that tiring process again. :p

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock

V6 super charger script does everything now. You don't need to follow post number 2 for ics

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

so far the only reloads i have gotten were b/c for example i went to google play installed an app. then went straight in the new app then uninstalled it from sense, and going back into google play had to reload showing the app was no longer installed.

Reactions: Genjinaro

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
Doesn't his main post still state that you need to do the Ice Cream Sandwich stuff?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

carlos64030

Dec 21, 2006
Well, this app didn't do a damn thing for my phone. I opened up one page on my Dolphin browser, then went to Handcent to kill a minute for testing purposes, went back to Dolphin and the page reloaded. Oh well...

Last edited:

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
Try v6 supercharger. Works for me. I can switch out of Waze to Chrome and back and Waze still works!

flex360

Sep 22, 2010
doesnt work. sense multitaking works up to a certain extent. when i tried this i loaded up the browser first, then 6 other apps after that.
then the browser reloaded the page

Top Liked Posts