[ROM][Sense 2.2.1][Jun 25th] HeroLatte 0.9 beta (including new and improved lags?)

Search This thread

erasmux

Retired Recognized Developer
May 22, 2010
This is a port of the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide Froyo Sense to the Hero GSM. If you don't have a Hero GSM, look elsewhere.

Outdated intro:
After the dust settled with all the excitement of the new Sense Gingerbread, I revisited this port, and IMHO this one has real potential. It seems fast and stable and I am hoping to get everything working in the near future, well at least everything except the camera. Additionally, I am in parallel working on a method to add proper RTL support (Hebrew, Arabic) to closed source ROMs, and this ROM will incorporate this as well.

Current version:
HeroLatte-0.9.zip (Android RTK)
HeroLatte-0.9.zip (Multiupload)

Fix for setting lockscreen wallpaper on version 0.9: (disables JIT and breaks root for most people)
HeroLatte-dalvik-0.5.zip (Android RTK)
(Please also do a dalvik wipe just in case when flashing this update, full wipe not necessary)

This is a major upgrade with a lot work done, there might be some new bugs added. Would appreciate help testing this version from the flash junkies. See also the known bugs and change log below.

latte09.png

Instructions:
- Full wipe and flash from recovery
- First load will take a while

Known bugs and limitations:
- I was experiencing some bad lags while doing the initial setup with this version (0.9), much more than I thought there would be. Still after it rested for a bit, it seems ok now. Please share your experiences about the lag on this version.
- Graphical glitch on incoming call lockscreen with default theme
- Graphical problems with Russian dialpad
- It's highly non trivial to change Lock screen wallpaper, let me know if you succeed :p (see above dalvik update)
- Camera, not sure if its possible to have a working hero camera on Sense 2.2 ROMs :(
- Camera does not make click sound.
- This is a port of a T-Mobile ROM (USA) so the Sense UI does not have the translations for European languages.
- Translation to other languages might not be perfect as I took them from the Wildfire ROM.
- Wifi hotspot does not work (I believe we don't have kernel support for this)
- Trackball notification does not work (WIP)
- Menu key unlocks lock screen?!
- When the screen dims just before it times out, touching the screen will prevent the timeout but when using auto-brightness will result in very low brightness either until the screen is turned off and on or until there is a change in ambient light (causing a recalculation of the auto-brightness). Not much I can do about this HTC bug as they didn't give me the sources ;(.
- Arabic reshaping is not supported in the web browser (and other "small" Arabic problem support problem like the crazy cursor movement, which at least currently also exist in CM7).
- Anything else?

Changelog

Version 0.9
- Camera fixed (although no click sound :()
- Notifications fixed + trackball notification for missed calls
- Autobacklight dim bug fixed
- Replaced dalvik implementation and enabled JIT
- UI tweaks
- Recent apps removed from status bar
- Menu key no longer unlocks boot screen :)
- OpenGL 1.1
- Updated google apps
- Low memory and scheduler params tweaked
- Added translations from the Wildfire Froyo Sense, there could be some places which are still missing translations because this ROM originally only has english.

Version 0.5
- Espresso Sense tweaked to look a bit better - Thanks ArnoSlag :D
- GPS fixed
- BT audio fixed (I think)
- Light fixed (but not trackball)
- Gyros fixed (at least partially)
- Audio gliches fixes
- Added reboot menu
- ROM Cleanup a bit
- Full Hebrew and Arabic support (except for Arabic support in browser)

Version 0.2 (Herosso)
- Initial version base on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide update 2.15.531.3.
- App2SD
- Basic hardware support

Thanks
Thanks to Arnoslag for the help with the 0.5 release.
Thanks to Sebastian for getting the camera working on newer Sense versions and general tips about porting.

Last edited:

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
First of all : Great Job! and Welcome back!

1. Camera kinda works :D when you change the resolution from 5MP to 3Mp back and forth you always get an Negative-ish effect for about 1 second of what your pointing the camera to. Maybe the driver just needs to be tweaked I think :D(I'm not a dev so I dunno if it can be fixed)

2. APN list is missing ?
3. I've installed superuser and after I've restored my apps with TB, all of them work :D

Clocked at 176 - 614 Smartass:
Linpack score: 2.694 - 2.634 - 2.726 (ran the test 3 times)
Neocore: (with sound) 25.4FPS
(without sound) 30.2FPS
Quadrant score: 376

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Emotion

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
On clockworks this rom wont flash :p so installed AmonRa and works like a charm, booting now and will report back with everything ill find :D

e2zippo

Dec 28, 2009
Borlänge
Yay, eramux is back!

So what's the deal with this espresso-rom, what differs from a "regular" sense rom, is it better or worse, and why?

erasmux

May 22, 2010

1. Camera kinda works :D when you change the resolution from 5MP to 3Mp back and forth you always get an Negative-ish effect for about 1 second of what your pointing the camera to. Maybe the driver just needs to be tweaked I think :D(I'm not a dev so I dunno if it can be fixed)

2. APN list is missing ?
3. I've installed superuser and after I've restored my apps with TB, all of them work :D

(without sound) 30.2FPS

1. Depending on the specific non-hero camera lib you use, you get these negative distorted images. If I remember correctly in one sense 2.2 ROM I even managed to save such a distorted image. This does not change the fact, the camera libs are not for the hero. I tried the simple solution of push the hero camera libs and this does not boot. I'll try to play with it a bit more but don't get your hopes up....

2. What do you mean APN list is missing? Its there and it seems to offer my the appropriate choice for my provider. I can only test this in a limited way as I don't have a data plan....

On clockworks this rom wont flash :p so installed AmonRa and works like a charm, booting now and will report back with everything ill find :D

Any ideas on why it does not flash on clockworks? Do you have a log with the problem or something?

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010

EDIT

Boot was not that long, and out of the box it runs pretty smooth.
Phone app takes long to start when you get a call the first time. The second time works fine.

Superuser installed from the marked updated Su binary and runs like normal now.

Swipe keyboard nice :D but the actuall swipe aint working but normal typing goes great on it :D so I am happy with it. But the normal keyboard is fine to.

Like said GPS is not working. When activated it does not reboot the phone but just dont find any sats :p

For me the APN list for KPN Holland was included.

Music playback works as normal.

BT connects with my laptop just fine, and it says I can use it for Filetransfer. But the actuall file transfer is not working.

Still want to test it in my car with BT audio and BT phone but that will come later today.

to bad there are still so many T-Mob apps :p gonna see what I can remove later on, but that will come first I need to work. Sorta...

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
Any ideas on why it does not flash on clockworks? Do you have a log with the problem or something?

Nope dont have a log, when sellecting it, it just opens and then goes straigth to the root of the recovery. So maybe clockwork cannot handle the file, I was lazy and was not in the mood to check the verification stuff so flashed AmonRA :p

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
Flashed it with Rommanager without problems

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

maybe that one is different then the choose zip from SD straight from CW or my hero does not like CW :p

EDIT: Battery drain is not high so I am happy to run this now for this day use.

Last edited:

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
2. What do you mean APN list is missing? Its there and it seems to offer my the appropriate choice for my provider. I can only test this in a limited way as I don't have a data plan....

I am in Romania and my network is Orange. I asked if the APN list is missing because if I flash any 2.1, 2.2 vanilla, or 2.3 roms, my APN list has Orange RO (Internet) and Orange RO MMS (mms) settings from first boot as the rom recognizes my network. I've flashed Herosso 2 times with full wipe and it doesn't add those settings but it recognizes that I am on Orange and phone calls work.

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
erasmux the conquerer returns from his self imposed exile, in a quest to slay yet another beast!
Yes, I know I talk poo :)

Anyway, welcome back, I'll try this today and across the weekend and report anything as I find them.

erasmux

May 22, 2010
I am in Romania and my network is Orange. I asked if the APN list is missing because if I flash any 2.1, 2.2 vanilla, or 2.3 roms, my APN list has Orange RO (Internet) and Orange RO MMS (mms) settings from first boot as the rom recognizes my network. I've flashed Herosso 2 times with full wipe and it doesn't add those settings but it recognizes that I am on Orange and phone calls work.

Does this fix your problem: Elelinux-apns.zip

if not, then on which ROM do the apns work for you?

fancyhe

Jun 10, 2010
Looking into the score, there is no JIT yet. I'm wondering whats the biggest pro of Froyo sense compared to 2.1 sense…

2. APN list is missing ?

(without sound) 30.2FPS

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

llvllaster

May 1, 2008
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 9 Pro
Erasmux u r the man ;-). I've installed the Rom and must say it's running smooth enough for an alpha version. Now i'm restoring my apps and after that i will configure my exchange mail (wich is the most important thing for me) and report back asap. keep up the graet work.

edit: after restored my apps and configured my exchange mail, this ROM is wonderful. ;-) Haven't tried camera wifi gps etc.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide Froyo Sense to the Hero GSM. If you don't have a Hero GSM, look elsewhere.

Outdated intro:
    After the dust settled with all the excitement of the new Sense Gingerbread, I revisited this port, and IMHO this one has real potential. It seems fast and stable and I am hoping to get everything working in the near future, well at least everything except the camera. Additionally, I am in parallel working on a method to add proper RTL support (Hebrew, Arabic) to closed source ROMs, and this ROM will incorporate this as well.

Current version:
    HeroLatte-0.9.zip (Android RTK)
    HeroLatte-0.9.zip (Multiupload)

Fix for setting lockscreen wallpaper on version 0.9: (disables JIT and breaks root for most people)
    HeroLatte-dalvik-0.5.zip (Android RTK)
    (Please also do a dalvik wipe just in case when flashing this update, full wipe not necessary)

This is a major upgrade with a lot work done, there might be some new bugs added. Would appreciate help testing this version from the flash junkies. See also the known bugs and change log below.

latte09.png

Instructions:
    - Full wipe and flash from recovery
    - First load will take a while

Known bugs and limitations:
    - I was experiencing some bad lags while doing the initial setup with this version (0.9), much more than I thought there would be. Still after it rested for a bit, it seems ok now. Please share your experiences about the lag on this version.
    - Graphical glitch on incoming call lockscreen with default theme
    - Graphical problems with Russian dialpad
    - It's highly non trivial to change Lock screen wallpaper, let me know if you succeed :p (see above dalvik update)
    - Camera, not sure if its possible to have a working hero camera on Sense 2.2 ROMs :(
    - Camera does not make click sound.
    - This is a port of a T-Mobile ROM (USA) so the Sense UI does not have the translations for European languages.
    - Translation to other languages might not be perfect as I took them from the Wildfire ROM.
    - Wifi hotspot does not work (I believe we don't have kernel support for this)
    - Trackball notification does not work (WIP)
    - Menu key unlocks lock screen?!
    - When the screen dims just before it times out, touching the screen will prevent the timeout but when using auto-brightness will result in very low brightness either until the screen is turned off and on or until there is a change in ambient light (causing a recalculation of the auto-brightness). Not much I can do about this HTC bug as they didn't give me the sources ;(.
    - Arabic reshaping is not supported in the web browser (and other "small" Arabic problem support problem like the crazy cursor movement, which at least currently also exist in CM7).
    - Anything else?

Changelog

Version 0.9
    - Camera fixed (although no click sound :()
    - Notifications fixed + trackball notification for missed calls
    - Autobacklight dim bug fixed
    - Replaced dalvik implementation and enabled JIT
    - UI tweaks
    - Recent apps removed from status bar
    - Menu key no longer unlocks boot screen :)
    - OpenGL 1.1
    - Updated google apps
    - Low memory and scheduler params tweaked
    - Added translations from the Wildfire Froyo Sense, there could be some places which are still missing translations because this ROM originally only has english.

Version 0.5
    - Espresso Sense tweaked to look a bit better - Thanks ArnoSlag :D
    - GPS fixed
    - BT audio fixed (I think)
    - Light fixed (but not trackball)
    - Gyros fixed (at least partially)
    - Audio gliches fixes
    - Added reboot menu
    - ROM Cleanup a bit
    - Full Hebrew and Arabic support (except for Arabic support in browser)

Version 0.2 (Herosso)
    - Initial version base on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide update 2.15.531.3.
    - App2SD
    - Basic hardware support

Thanks
    Thanks to Arnoslag for the help with the 0.5 release.
    Thanks to Sebastian for getting the camera working on newer Sense versions and general tips about porting.
    I've mirrored it :D. here

O hai ybinnenweg :D.
    RcMix 2.2b (android 2.1) has flip clock.
    In topic with this rom you can find zip file with flipclock.

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk
    HeroLatte has been mirrored :). here