Votes: 129 21.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
This is a patched radio ROM that can be used to remove the Operator SIM lock and CID lock from HTC Trinity based telephones.

It can be used in all HTC Trinity devices, no matter which bootloader version or radio bootloader version the device is running.

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsiblity for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

http://pof.eslack.org/trinity-unlocker/

Install Instructions:
Easy auto-install Instructions:

1. Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v1.bat

If you don't want to install automatically, or for some reason the process doesn't work for you, here are the manual instructions:

1. Transfer SSPL/SSPL-TRIN.exe to your phone and run it
  2. Tri-color screen will appear
  3. Disable activesync (file -> connection settings -> uncheck "allow USB connections")
  4. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB lead.
  5. Run RUU/ROMUpgradeUtility.exe
  6. Follow the flashing process (Check the "I understand..." and "I completed..." boxes and update!)
  7. Allow your phone to reboot.
  8. Transfer TRIN_Unlock_v1.exe program to your phone and run it
  9. Click the Unlock Button, select unlock option. Select if you want SIM/CID unlock.
  10. Click "Unlock!" and wait until process finishes.
  11. When done, turn off your phone for 10 seconds and reboot after that.

Please Note: It is *highly recommended* to flash a full rom after using the unlocker.

Donations:
I spent some time and money developing this free unlocker, there's no need to pay me for that, but donations are always appreciated. You can find a paypal button to donate on the unlocker website.

Thanks to:
  • buzz_lightyear, itsme, vijay555, arc, Asukal, machinagod, esteve - for the wise advice and support
  • Des - for the great SSPL tool EVERYBODY PRAISE Des!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com :)

History:
v1 [13-02-2007] - patched radio 1.16
based on hermes unlocker v3

Download:

Enjoy! ;)

Reactions: wizbat and debzkey

coolfire74

Apr 13, 2006
Pof, it seems to be a very smart way to unlock the phone, no matter what spl, ipl is. Do you think this method may be possible to adapt to other device, say prophet or wizard?

Thanks!

olfo

Feb 5, 2007
wuh really good job, i've done the unlock using your good job and flush with dopod GPS enable release in a record time and no difficult on my SPV M700
i can't say how much i apreciate your deliver

windsurf10

Feb 12, 2005
Gracias por tu trabajo, pero como no entiendo bien el ingles, me podrias confimar en este foro o con email privado los puntos siguientes :

Tu "unlocker" parece permite de poner en mi P3600 comprado en francia la ultima rom de DopodAsia 1.23 WWE puesta en este foro sin problemas ?

Es eso o me equivoco ?

Para emplear este "unlocker" tengo que decompactar el zip en my ordenador syncronisado con el P3600 y despues , el se cargar todo solo en el P3600 o tengo que poner el "unlocker" decompactado en el P3600.

Mucha gracias de nuevo

rjtd

Jul 10, 2005
After the unlocking procedure, can I flash the previous radio rom and the phone will still be unlocked?
Do I need to unlock CID to unlock SIM? Also, can I lock the CID again? And finally, how can I backup my radio rom, unlock, and then flash the old radio rom again without CID unlock?
Thanks, and great work :)

Last edited:

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
@martiare & windsurf10: sorry guys this is an english forum, post only questions in english.

After the unlocking procedure, can I flash the previous radio rom and the phone will still be unlocked?
Yes... you can flash anything and it will still be unlocked.

Do I need to unlock CID to unlock SIM?
No, you can check only "sim unlock" if you don't want to CID unlock.

Also, can I lock the CID again?
No, once you check "cid unlock" it will be SuperCID forever. Don't check this option if you don't want to cid unlock.

And finally, how can I backup my radio rom, unlock, and then flash the old radio rom again without CID unlock?
You can't backup your radio rom, but you can flash another radio rom using SSPL after unlocking.

windsurf10

Feb 12, 2005
Hello pof

i repeat my question:

- If i understand it's necessary to Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v1.bat
in my computer and with activesync the unlocker go to my P3600 ?

- If i understand with this unlocker it's possible for mi, to put the new rom of DopodAsia 1.23 in my P3600 buy in france and next one month later put
the new official french rom of HTC ?

Please answer mi if all this is possible with this unlockeur

Thank you very much Pof

rjtd

Jul 10, 2005
And how can I get just a radio Rom from the full roms, to flash it back after the unlock procedure is finished?
Unfortunatly my Trinity is in Portuguese, so there is no rom available to flash again, to put the phone in it's original state :( So, my idea is to unlock it and then restore the radio rom. But I can't see any radio rom available on the ftp server

Last edited:

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Can you unlock ExtendedROM in the future?
Use ExtROM unlocker for Hermes (HermesMountAllROM.cab), it works on trinity also. Device must be SuperCID.

- If i understand it's necessary to Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v1.bat
in my computer and with activesync the unlocker go to my P3600 ?
right.
- If i understand with this unlocker it's possible for mi, to put the new rom of DopodAsia 1.23 in my P3600 buy in france and next one month later put the new official french rom of HTC ?
right.

And how can I get just a radio Rom from the full roms, to flash it back after the unlock procedure is finished?
Use NBHExtract to extract GSM.nb from full rom, then use NBHgen to make NBH with radio only. Flash using SSPL-Trin.

jantsuh

Feb 16, 2007
OULU
User experiences using free unlocker

Has anybody else used this free unlocker? Did it worked well? Especially I would like to know if anybody has used it in north europe/nordic countries (I have bought my p3600 from Finland).

charly_mx

Jan 18, 2007
Does it work for WIzard??

Hi there i have cingular 8125 and of course as anyone else im looking for a free way to CID unlock my device.

A friend of mine bought a wizard too and wants to check if its CID locked, both my friend's device and mine are G4.

Thankx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a patched radio ROM that can be used to remove the Operator SIM lock and CID lock from HTC Trinity based telephones.

It can be used in all HTC Trinity devices, no matter which bootloader version or radio bootloader version the device is running.

Disclaimer:
    This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsiblity for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

http://pof.eslack.org/trinity-unlocker/

Install Instructions:
    Easy auto-install Instructions:

1. Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v1.bat

If you don't want to install automatically, or for some reason the process doesn't work for you, here are the manual instructions:

1. Transfer SSPL/SSPL-TRIN.exe to your phone and run it
    2. Tri-color screen will appear
    3. Disable activesync (file -> connection settings -> uncheck "allow USB connections")
    4. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB lead.
    5. Run RUU/ROMUpgradeUtility.exe
    6. Follow the flashing process (Check the "I understand..." and "I completed..." boxes and update!)
    7. Allow your phone to reboot.
    8. Transfer TRIN_Unlock_v1.exe program to your phone and run it
    9. Click the Unlock Button, select unlock option. Select if you want SIM/CID unlock.
    10. Click "Unlock!" and wait until process finishes.
    11. When done, turn off your phone for 10 seconds and reboot after that.

Please Note: It is *highly recommended* to flash a full rom after using the unlocker.

Donations:
    I spent some time and money developing this free unlocker, there's no need to pay me for that, but donations are always appreciated. You can find a paypal button to donate on the unlocker website.

Thanks to:
    • buzz_lightyear, itsme, vijay555, arc, Asukal, machinagod, esteve - for the wise advice and support
    • Des - for the great SSPL tool EVERYBODY PRAISE Des!
    • everyone else in xda-developers.com :)

History:
    v1 [13-02-2007] - patched radio 1.16
    based on hermes unlocker v3

Download:

Enjoy! ;)
    Yeah, but what about vista?

Hi,

I'm sure this is a very effective programme, but as someone who is newish to playing with the innards of electronics, I can't figure out how to make this work in Vista - or find anything similar that will. I realise that the readme of this programme says it's only XP, but how on earth can I do this using Vista in that case? Any help would be greatfully received.

Dan
    SIM Unlock on Windows 7 64-bit

I succeeded to flash and SIM Unlock my P3600 after days searching for a solution. Attached you will find the combination of tools.