[ROOT][CWM][ROM's] Lenovo IdeaPhone (LePhone) K860(i)

Search This thread

rugged666

Oct 7, 2012
Rooting k860 is just the same with rooting p700... check lenovo mobile ph forums... sorry cant post links atm

rugged666

Oct 7, 2012
I found the answer.. hope its true lenovo k860 jellybean update ttp://bbs.lephone.cc/thread-485062-1-1.html

vladog8

Dec 5, 2012
Thanks very much guys I have been looking for thred like this cuz I'm getting my k860 in a weeks time. k1llerm, is the rom u posted with google play, and no chinese useless apps etc? Sry for my probbly stypid question but I'm kinda new in flashing/rooting thing. Peace

n3llyboy

Dec 21, 2011
Middlesex
Thanks very much guys I have been looking for thred like this cuz I'm getting my k860 in a weeks time. k1llerm, is the rom u posted with google play, and no chinese useless apps etc? Sry for my probbly stypid question but I'm kinda new in flashing/rooting thing. Peace

I installed the rom K1llerm linked to. It has no chinese apps and has worked just fine. All props to K1llerm cheers mate.:good:

k1llerm

Mar 1, 2012
Nicosia
i try the unofficial 4.1 rom and it is very laggy and , without market and FC many times ! so it is no mean to upload it ! or if you want to test it just tell me :)
@n3llyboy you are wellcome mate :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I found the answer.. hope its true lenovo k860 jellybean update ttp://bbs.lephone.cc/thread-485062-1-1.html

lets hope it is true my friend !

rugged666

Oct 7, 2012
I dnt know rom flashing yet and i dnt own k860 but lenovo p700. Im from philippines and we have official lenovo mobile here... as far as i know, all units ship toour country have english rom already with google play installed and no chinese apps.

So you guys bought k860 from china with no google play preinstalled?

k1llerm

Mar 1, 2012
Nicosia
I dnt know rom flashing yet and i dnt own k860 but lenovo p700. Im from philippines and we have official lenovo mobile here... as far as i know, all units ship toour country have english rom already with google play installed and no chinese apps.

So you guys bought k860 from china with no google play preinstalled?

yes ! without google play and full of chinese apps :p they relese official rom with market and without chinese apps and now is perfect !

hizsakpeter

Dec 7, 2012
k860 english ROM

yes ! without google play and full of chinese apps :p they relese official rom with market and without chinese apps and now is perfect !
I can not believe thatsomeone has this modell with google play and in normal englis rom

I was so stupid to buy from the chinabuye.com and for me it is only available to download apps (mostly not working) from the lenovo store
dissapointing and unbeliveable why it is logical for the creators to setup a lenovo store besides the google play

I will read this forum carefully and try to setup english rom like the other REALLY android phones has

P.

k1llerm

Mar 1, 2012
Nicosia
I can not believe thatsomeone has this modell with google play and in normal englis rom

I was so stupid to buy from the chinabuye.com and for me it is only available to download apps (mostly not working) from the lenovo store
dissapointing and unbeliveable why it is logical for the creators to setup a lenovo store besides the google play

I will read this forum carefully and try to setup english rom like the other REALLY android phones has

P.

Check the link on post #56 it has everything you need to root and the english rom plus instructions inside

hizsakpeter

Dec 7, 2012
lenevo k860 roting

Check the link on post #56 it has everything you need to root and the english rom plus instructions inside

Hi ! I have alredy downloaded that rar file that was in the 56th. post at this forum.

Once I was succesfully changed the rom in a motorola defy but it was a cianogenmod type rom and it was not so complicated.

Do you thing that I can try this rom chaning into my new lenovo ?

thanks a lot ...
I have to tell I'am fearing from the complications and I do not want to drop this phone away after 3 weeks...
But the chinese lenovo store and rom is really dissapointing..

k1llerm

Mar 1, 2012
Nicosia
Hi ! I have alredy downloaded that rar file that was in the 56th. post at this forum.

Once I was succesfully changed the rom in a motorola defy but it was a cianogenmod type rom and it was not so complicated.

thanks a lot ...
I have to tell I'am fearing from the complications and I do not want to drop this phone away after 3 weeks...

hi peter the rom from 56# post is safe coz is original rom and not a custom one ! is easy to install it and have the original market and is without chinese apps at all ! if you do exactly what instractions said , you will have no problem at all !

vladog8

Dec 5, 2012

thanks a lot ...

hi peter the rom from 56# post is safe coz is original rom and not a custom one ! is easy to install it and have the original market and is without chinese apps at all ! if you do exactly what instractions said , you will have no problem at all !

I will get this phone in (i hope) a weeks time, let us know how did ur flashing proces went hizsakpeter.
Peace

hizsakpeter

Dec 7, 2012
succesfull root and english rom setup

Hi !
That is true and I can offer for anybody. For beginners as well. The new english rom setup was really easy and I could easily follow the instructions that I was downloaded from the 56th post link.
So the creator was really do a complete work. All the apps working perfectly and I could not tell it about the chinese preset apps neither the lenovo market apps in the past.
Thanks for all !
Peter

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I will get this phone in (i hope) a weeks time, let us know how did ur flashing proces went hizsakpeter.
Peace

Hi vladog 8!
After using Iphone5, galaxy s3... I can tell You that this is the most amazing choose that You can do nowadays. Amazing speed, brillant lcd wiew, the nicest colors... at this moment there are not better phones like this.
You have to only download and unrar the files that is linked into the 56th. post.
Download it and after the unrar You will find instruction notes that's are all very easy. You should not be a professional or a hacker.
You will be able to do it.
I can help when You stucked with everything
Buye
Peter

Reactions: vladog8

vladog8

Dec 5, 2012
Hi vladog 8!
After using Iphone5, galaxy s3... I can tell You that this is the most amazing choose that You can do nowadays. Amazing speed, brillant lcd wiew, the nicest colors... at this moment there are not better phones like this.
You have to only download and unrar the files that is linked into the 56th. post.
Download it and after the unrar You will find instruction notes that's are all very easy. You should not be a professional or a hacker.
You will be able to do it.
I can help when You stucked with everything
Buye
Peter[/QUOTE]

Yea, i have been reading a lot about this amazing phabet, loads of reviews and performance tests, and decidet that im gonna order it , only was conserned about roms coming out, but whit this thread and ur help i should be fine. cheers

Last edited:

jbctiong

Nov 15, 2008
Known Bug

any bugs on this rom ?
I have not experienced any bugs after using for a day or so.
Only bug as stated by the author is : It is not stable during charging.
Headphone bug fixed. Map is not installed. (see attached)
One of the Best ROM I have used for K860 so far.
It is worth to try it out.:)

P.S. You need to unzip after downloading. The ROM extension should be .szb.
Flashing method please refer to post #39
Enjoy!:highfive:

Attachments

• google.maps-6.14.1.apk
    6.9 MB · Views: 29
  • TitaniumBackup-5.7.2.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are different custom ROM's & root methods for the K860 & K860i. Most of the root methods & ROM's are compatible with both the K860 and K860i. Read the full thread to be sure.
    I'll update this post regularly, if there are any changes needed please say so in the thread or PM me (still WIP for adding the latest stuff).
    Below you can find everything!

- Root methods & stock ROM's + MOD's/fixes:

There is an APK root method, linked below, or you can use the original not so easy root method:

I did some research on how to root it.
    I found some steps on this Chinese website.

What I understand from it is you have to do the following steps to root:

- Set the phone to USB debugging in it's settings
    - Make sure drivers are installed and the phone is recognized well by the phone PC software
    - Close all the PC phone software applications
    - Make sure no other android or smart/USB-device is connected except for the phone itself
    - Download this file: root files, download link is also below in the attachment.
    - Unzip it and launch the .exe (executable file) with the Chinese characters (should be first .exe in directory)
    - The shell/CMD should start the root process
    - The phone will automatically restart, don't touch it or any button, don't interrupt the shell program!
    - Now after the reboot of the phone you should press any key on your keyboard when asked
    - The shell program should continue, the phone will restart again!
    - Again press any key to continue and wait for the shell program to reboot your phone for the third time (this can take some time, be patient!)
    - When rebooted the "Operation was successful" message should appear in the shell program
    - Now your K860 is rooted! Look for the root app in your phone to confirm. If rooting didn't work, try this process again
    - Also update the Superuser or superSU app & binaries
    Root method works, users already confirmed this!

- Easier/better root methods:
    Added by kakandariko:
    Alternative method.
    Added by rugged666:
    The same root method as for the P700
    Added by jbctiong:
    Root apk for K860 + 4.1.2 ROM

- Fixes:
    Added by kiotu:
    USSD CODE Fix for Native Chinese JB ROMs
    Location Service Off FIX

- Stock ROM's:
    Added by jbctiong:
    Root apk for K860 + 4.1.2 ROM
    Added by thongminh:
    New rom 4.2.1 Update 24/05/2013
    Added by kiotu:
    JB 4.2 Latest 130531/30
    Added by vikrant82:
    K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605_szb.zip
    Added by Holandeserrante:
    K860_1_S_2_003_0033_130618_szb.zip & K860i_1_S_2_003_0052_130617_szb.zip
    K860_1_S_2_003_0035_130620.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0056_130620.szb
    K860_1_S_2_003_0036_130621.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0057_130621.szb
    K860_1_S_2_003_0043_130624.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0064_130624.szb & K860_1_S_2_003_0044_130625.szb & K860i_1_S_2_003_0065_130625.szb

- Links to how to add Google Apps:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1632945
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1582422
    Easy method:
    Added by Ramanon:
    Link
    Added by jbctiong:
    gapps-jb for 4.1.2/CM10/AOKP ROM

- CWM Recovery
    Added by angelsel:
    CWM recovery in English for the K860
    Added by jbctiong:
    Method to Flash Recovery.img for K860

- Custom ROM's.
    Added by jbctiong:
    "Overseas" Firmware for English users with the Google Apps included.
    CM10 (JB 4.1.2), Multi Language, Minor Bugs
    More ROM's
    Another one.
    Newer CM10 ROM
    Lidroid v3.1 ROM for K860
    AOKP JB 4.1.2 for K860
    Added by amoyan:
    Lenovo K860 based build ROM with Google Play, no branding, improved battery life
    Added by Ramanon:
    MIUI ROM for K860i (and K860 as well), beta
    Added by Zanderion:
    Rooted ROM for k860i
    Added by ivantastic:
    LIDROID 4.2 (K860)
    Added by orgod:
    CM10 v.2.5 ROM for K860
    Added by thongminh:
    Rom Miui Multilanguage update 19/04/2013
    Added by kiotu:
    kiotu Custom ROM K860 V2.03 - UPDATED 29/06/2013
    Added by Holandeserrante:
    MIUI ROM K860i 3.6.28

- kiotu kernel
    Added by kiotu:
    Experimental JB 4.1.2 kernel V4 - UPDATED 12/06/2013

- Other useful international thread about the K860, root, ROM's, ...:
    Added by marcoruzza:
    Link

I want to note that I'm not responsible for any bricked phone by using these root/ROM's!
    It is all at your own risk!
    Also backup all data before rooting or flashing the phone!

For the links to the ROM's and other root methods, please Thank those persons!
    If you think I helped you with this thread, please hit the Thanks button and make me happy :)
    USSD CODE Fix for Native Chinese JB ROMs

Hi all, for all of you using Chinese native JB ROMs on your K860 or maybe also for K860i (I only have K860, thus can't do any testing), I have found a way to fix problem with USSD code not working. The solusion is pretty simple, you just need to replace the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) Library and Bin executable files using that of working ROM (in which obvious are only from ICS ROW ROM). I have tested it myself and it simply works so far.

Files to be copied (replacing existing files) and their respective folder in your phone are:
    librapid-ril-core.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    librapid-ril-util.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    libreference-ril-so --> copy to "system\lib"
    libril.so --> copy to "system\lib"
    rild --> copy to "system\bin"
    Use any of your favorite Root Explorers and don't forget to change back permission of copied files as shown, then REBOOT your phone

To keep it simple, I attached the extracted library and executable files (it's in rar, extract them first!); files' permission setting; and a screenshot of me running balance check USSD code on Lidroid 4.4

Hope It Helps :angel:
    Custom ROM K860

Updated my custom ROM to version 2.03, and sharing it just in case someone else outside my local forum is interested:
    THIS IS FOR K860 not sure if it's working for K860i (although i'm using K860i kernel source code)
    Features:
    - Working USSD and Market fix.
    - Base ROM: Latest 130424 Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
    - Swap uboot.bin from other version, (130424 uboot.bin broken recovery option through boot loader menu A)
    - Custom made kernel, modded & compiled from K860i JB source code.
    - Add i/o schedulers: ROW, SIO, & V(R).
    - Default i/o scheduler set to ROW instead of CFQ (standar stock K860).
    - Busybox installed.
    - Root-ed, Superuser manager using Koush's (creator of Clockworkmod), all credits goes to him.
    - Init.d support.
    - Playstore compatibility and USSD fix.
    - GApps (Google Apps) for JB 4.1.2 included, using package from Formula84
    - Apex launcher.
    - Set default language to English
    - Lots of Ringtones.
    - Added Cootek TouchPal keyboard.
    - Lenovo's app debloated
    - 4 way reboot, thanks to Kahvitahra of XDA-Developers.
    - Changes from my v2.02: some build.prop tweak for less UI glitch, Themed UI - BLACK - Quick Setting Toggler button from JB 4.2

Tweaks:
    - Default governor (pegasusq) tweaks for more responsive CPU.
    - GPU rendering for UI (may cause small glitch).
    - Tweaks for better battery life (sleep mode; disable normalize and new fair sleeper;dll).
    - Low memory killer (Minfree) tweaks.
    - Increase eMMC readahead buffer size.
    - Some minor VM tweaks for better performance.
    - Navbar size set to 25dpi (default 40dpi).
    - SQLite database and auto Zipalign optimized (set on timely event, not at every boot).
    - GPS localized (to Asia, mind you...for other region should tweak GPS.conf file)

Not Working:
    - Google Chrome browser (due to surface_flinger service been disabled by default, if enabled through init boot chrome will work but also cause off-power battery charging error).

Bugfix:
    - How to set Alarm: go to clock, add alarm, set ringtone first prior to checking the "turn alarm on checkbox", original ringtones were removed due to chinese filenaming, therefore setting alarm by directly checking the turn alarm on checkbox will cause FC.

Disclaimer and notes:
    - As always DIYOR (Do It on Your Own Risk)...
    - Warranty Void.
    - DO NOT OTA UPDATE.
    - This ROM does not erase current data and apps, therefore wiping data and cache prior to flashing is recommended especially when upgrading from ICS, failure to do so will often lead to app FC. Restoring apps using any backup application should also restore apps only not apps+data.

Download link:
    Warning: this is my local file-sharing, contains lots of a*d*f*l*y banner and those are not my doing, i'm taking no advantage of my sharing.
    Please set language to english just in case.
    http://www.taruhsini.com/f2rglra3z4od/K860_stuttgart_kiotu_v2.03.rar.html

Mirror on Dev-Host, by my Kaskus Bro Farhanito:
    http://d-h.st/AbM (recommended)

Patch and BugFixes:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41771977&postcount=698
    Location Service Off keep showing off in GNow fix:
    JB 4.2.1 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41955480&postcount=712
    JB 4.1.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42516693&postcount=842

Downloads link tested, downloaded file flashed tested, should be no problem with file. Happy Flashing.. :D
    I've successfully built CWM recovery in English for the K860. My sources are here: https://github.com/angelsl/cm-android_device_lenovo_stuttgart

Rename the attached zip to update.zip and place it in /sdcard, and then install it using the stock recovery. You can also extract the recovery.img from the zip and flash it using fastboot.
    Repackaged/Debloated supercharged final JB 4.2.1 (K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605)

As promised, here's the latest version released yesterday - K860_1_S_2_003_0020_130605, repackaged with all fixes, gapps, root etc for everyone struggling here.

The changes are:

1. Debloated - Around 125MB free on system partition (before Gapps and my apps)
    2. Cleared preload partition
    3. Gapps latest pre-installed (Updated Google apps as on 6th June i.e.) - Google Music App, Gmail (the new version 4.5), Maps, Google Now, Search, Calendar etc. Everything on system partition to save space.
    4. Rooted out-of-the-box along with latest SuperUser apk.
    5. Added light weight GB keyboard (For basic setup purposes, to save space)
    6. USSD fix included
    7. Google Location fix included
    8. Market fix included
    9. Replaced default recovery with CWM (Meaning, you can directly go to CWM from option 3 in Mode A menu)
    10. Host file updated from ad-away (No ads)
    11. GPS.conf tweaks
    12. Browser and a cleanup utility put in (Boat browser, SystemCleanup_Intek)
    13. Replaced lenovo launcher with the newer version - 3.2.2
    14. Replaced Email and Exchange APKs with hacked version (which won't enforce PIN lock on corporate exchange network)

Lenovo apps left are - LeUpgrade, Phone Manager (Not sure what its use) and LenovoStore

How to flash:
    Come on; its a SZB, you know how to do that. Just brush (read flash ;)) it.

What else to do
    Well, nothing!

Please note that this will format data partition.

Download Link (Google Drive): http://goo.gl/Lpo3Y

Some intentional debloating (If you wish to use those features):
    - I had removed liblenovo_liveeffect_library.so from /system/lib/ as it was around 8 mb. It was necessary to have all latest google apps in system partition. It's used for special effects through the magic wand icon in the bundled camera app. If you wish to have those effects, extract this file into /system/lib with permissions rw-r--r--
    - Of course if there's not enough space on system partition for that file, Replace the autorun.iso in /system/media/ with the one attached, it will save you around 10-11mb in the system parition as it contains LeDrivers.msi (also attached), which you can keep instead in SD card (All files attached)
    - There's also an issue with adding APNs in some regions (which is an issue with chinese ROMs in general). To be able to add APNs, replace the attached telephony.db into /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases with permissions rw-rw-rw-

You are welcome.