Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
shumash,
--SNIP--
I want to show my appreciation by donating $25 to your cause. Thank you for everything you are doing for us, it is sincerely appreciated.

--SNIP--

P. S. I'm having trouble finding the link to donate. Could you please post it here, or direct me to whichever post contains the link? I apologize for any inconvenience; it's 5:30am here and my brain might very well be the problem right now... Thanks again for your time.

Thanks for the consideration. I don't expect or ask for donations, but there is now a donate button in my posts and the OP .

daedra1k

Oct 7, 2012
Nope working fine for me. Did you re install gapps and clear caches?

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I restored a backup of the Play store. Cleared all caches. Didn't reinstall though. Cheers mate, I'll update Rom again later and try that.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

Teejai80

Feb 27, 2012
Cairns
forums.smartwatchfans.com
Lots of SODs for me today, non responsive picking it up off the touchstone, locked a few times when installing apps. Do you want logs? Will try another clean install.

rob_z11

Lots of SODs for me today, non responsive picking it up off the touchstone, locked a few times when installing apps. Do you want logs? Will try another clean install.

I had similar issues with 7/18 release of SOD which I only have it once in recent memory, but had two in last night and it won't wake up from the sleep. Going g back to 7/16 for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

rrrrrrredbelly

Aug 16, 2010
WA
Google Pixel 6
I had similar issues with 7/18 release of SOD which I only have it once in recent memory, but had two in last night and it won't wake up from the sleep. Going g back to 7/16 for now.

Same here on 7/18, TouchPad was unresponsive a couple of times while charging.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3

Same here on 7/18, TouchPad was unresponsive a couple of times while charging.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Yep, something on my TP is not happy with 7/18 and I've gone back to 7/16.

Try shutting off wifi before suspending, charging, etc. and see if you get the SOD problem. Report back. If it's the wifi drivers, I'll revert them.

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
Just to say I haven't had any SOD's (yet) so for those suffering from SOD 's it may be something that's been installed. Having said that I have had 1 random reboot.
Top skills Shumash, you da man :)

rob_z11

I am going to see if I don't turn on Halo to see if my problem goes away. Will report later today.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Just to say I haven't had any SOD's (yet) so for those suffering from SOD 's it may be something that's been installed. Having said that I have had 1 random reboot.
Top skills Shumash, you da man :)

There is always that possibility, but 7/16 works flawlessly.

sheedatali

Jan 20, 2011
I flashed 18th July release, so far have not noticed any restarts. However I have noticed one issue, the WiFi is disabled as soon as tablet is put in standby/sleep mode. This is very inconvenient as the apps like Skype/Hangouts don't get background data. Any way I can keep Wifi on in sleep mode?

/Sheeda

razibus

May 21, 2007
France
thank, it works
Another problem for all my apps is the Menu button on app is dissapeared. Any1 know how to fix it? I am using tablet UI mode. I tried to switch back to phablet UI mode, and have a menu button on navigation bar, but when go to app, still cant use menu option for all apps (like: kindle, root explorer,....)

Hi !
i have same problem. :( Can someone help please ?
Thanks a lot.

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
I flashed 18th July release, so far have not noticed any restarts. However I have noticed one issue, the WiFi is disabled as soon as tablet is put in standby/sleep mode. This is very inconvenient as the apps like Skype/Hangouts don't get background data. Any way I can keep Wifi on in sleep mode?

/Sheeda

I would also like to know as well. When I am downloading a game/app from the Play Store and if it has an additional file to download and my TouchPad turns off I loose the internet connection. Very annoying and would love to find a solution. :D

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Updated WiFi Modules

FOR TESTING PURPOSES:

Thanks to jcsullins work on backported wifi drivers for the TP, I was able to build some updated wifi modules in the attached zip. Flash them from recovery (no need to clear anything; just flash directly). Should fix SOD's and wifi shutting off in sleep. Report back, and if they work, I'll include them in an update ROM shortly.

EDIT: Bad idea. Mixing wifi versions is not advisible. Download the latest ROM for a complete set of modules.

Last edited:

sheedatali

Jan 20, 2011
FOR TESTING PURPOSES:

Thanks to jcsullins work on backported wifi drivers for the TP, I was able to build some updated wifi modules in the attached zip. Flash them from recovery (no need to clear anything; just flash directly). Should fix SOD's and wifi shutting off in sleep. Report back, and if they work, I'll include them in an update ROM shortly.

Enjoy.

Thanks shumash, I flashed the drivers as instructed. However I can't enable WiFi now, it is stuck at off. My guess is that driver is not correctly loaded. Any ideas what should I do to recover from this?

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!

/Sheeda

Hi !
i have same problem. :( Can someone help please ?
Thanks a lot.

I would also like to know as well. When I am downloading a game/app from the Play Store and if it has an additional file to download and my TouchPad turns off I loose the internet connection. Very annoying and would love to find a solution. :D

Make sure WiFi advanced settings, Keep WiFi on during sleep is set to always and WiFi optimization is turned off.

razibus

May 21, 2007
France
Thank you nevertells2, but this is not my bug ; I d't have probleme whith wifi.
My bug is : I d't have the menu buton on navbar and in my application like browser.
Thanks on advance and sorry for my bad english.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
[ROM Update] 22JULY13

I've uploaded an update with changes as follows:
-> 22JULY13:
- Add latest wifi backport drivers with jcsullins' fixes to SOD and wifi sleep issues.

It works perfectly on my machine. No SOD's and wifi wakes from sleep within seconds. Listing, searching, and connecting to SSID's seems faster, too.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    35mfbr5.gif

This ROM is a combination of most ROMs Available
    Paranoid 3.61 + AOKP jb-mr1 + Cyanogen 10.1 = SCHIZOID

SCHIZOID is based on AOSP+CM source codes, custom kernel, and has all
    the stability of CM, the ROM control of AOKP, and the UI customization of PA..

FEATURES

• FULLY compiled from source with custom kernel.
      Multi-user
      Color-splash for nav-bar and apps!
      Backup and Restore of PA settings
      Expanded Desktop
      AOKP ROM Control
      Latest Android gesture (swype-like) keyboard
      PA 3.61 with Pie Control
      HALO
      Battery Statistics
      Current with CM10.1 repo
      Contains all features of CM10.1 and PA 3.61 and some of AOKP jb-mr1

What works
    Camera
    sdcard mounts
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    various AOKP and PA tweaks
    sound stays on with screen off
    low power suspend (I find that turning on the wifi, using it for a while, then turning it off, gives lowest power)

What doesn't
    Navigation bar hybrid settings in Tablet mode don't work (Use phablet or phone interface mode to set them, then switch back to tablet)

Goo: FINAL BUILD 12DEC2013

Mirror: skz_tenderloin-2.11_jb_4.2.2-12DEC2013-194000.zip

Previous Builds

gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING

• - Make A Backup
      - First time users only: If you're currently running a non-CM10.1 ROM, do a full wipe (factory reset & system). See Roland Deschain's invaluable guides for additional assistance
      - Wipe cache and dalvik
      - Flash ROM.
      First time users: flash gapps.
      Current Users: no need to flash gapps, PA and host settings will be backed up and restored​
      - Reboot

USER NOTES/BUGS
    • You should expect conflicts between the various ROM controls, especially the UI controls between AOKP and PA.
    • For first time users after bootup:

Settings > Rom Control > General UI > Show Menu UI Overflow (otherwise there is no way to enable MTP, open browser settings, wifi settings, etc)
    • To get softkey buttons in navbar, disable Pie in Quick Settings
    • To get your wifi to stay on in sleep, set wifi on "Always" and uncheck wifi optimization
    • Tablet PA settings don't stick To set them, Settings->Hybrid Properties-> Interface, change to phablet or phone mode, make your changes, apply them, then change back to tablet mode and apply it.
    • Using the Touchstone charger is funky.
    • ParanoidAndroid ROM 3 Review, Tips and Complete Walkthrough
    • Guide to AOKP ROMControl
    • How to Use AOKP ROM Control

CREDITS:
    • CM, PAC, AOKP and PA Team Members
    • drmarble for his continuing work on the device source
    • jcsullins for his continuing support to us troglodytes
    • Dorregary for his work on improving the device capabilities
    • milaq for his nightly builds and contributions
    • mateorod who has been my mentor.

CHANGELOG
    Kernel Changelog here
    Code:
    -> 12DEC13 (SWAN SONG):
      - Merge jcsullins latest bluetooth fixes
    -> 23NOV13 (SWAN SONG):
      - Merge jcsullins bluetooth code
      - Recompiled with latest Linaro 4.7 toolchain
      - Merge upstream
    -> 29SEP13 (FINAL):
       - Merge upstream
    -> 15SEP13:
      - Merge upstream
    -> 21AUG13:
      - Nightly cherry-picks
        -  Add Gyroscope sensor userspace driver (dorregaray) (kernel and device)
        -  Restore pre-cm10.1 camera parameters
        -  Remove bootloader reboot option
      - Merge upstream
    -> 08AUG13:
      - Sync with latest kernel
      - Rewrite updater_script to allow updating ROM without reflashing gapps
      - Auto backup/restore PA preferences after flashing ROM update 
      - Merge upstream
    -> 01AUG13:
      - Compiled with latest Linaro 4.7 toolchain
      - Merge upstream
    -> 22JULY13:
      - Add latest wifi backport drivers with jcsullins' fixes to SOD and wifi sleep issues.
    -> 18JULY13:
      - Cherry-pick CM10.1 nightly commits
      - Add latest wifi drivers with jcsullins' fixes
      - Merge upstream
    -> 16JULY13:
      - Add abyssplug governor
      - Merge upstream
    -> 08JULY13:
      - Kernel L2 boost up to 1914MHz
      - Merge upstream
    -> 06JULY13:
      - Fix Settings->Themes FC
      - Set scaling power in kernel from 3% to 5%
      - Merge upstream
     -> 01JULY13:
      - Merge upstream
      - Patch for Inverted Apps
    -> 29JUNE13:
      - Merge upstream
      - Update OC kernel
    -> 27JUNE13:
      - Compile AOKP & PA packages (except Paranoid Preferences)
      - Apply flintmans's low power touchscreen fix
      - Apply milaq's scaling_available_frequencies commit
      - Merge upstream
    -> 11JUNE13:
      - Fix Sound Settings force close
      - Merge upstream
    -> 07JUNE13:
      - Fix Permissions Manager force close
      - Modify PA Prefs and configuration.  Set default DPI=160
    -> 02JUNE13:
      - Low power suspend (-3 to -4 mA)
      - Overclock kernel with additional governors
      - Merge upstream
    -> 23APR13:
      - Sound with screen off works
      - Merge upstream
    -> 11APR13:
      - Use custom kernel
      - Improved standby power draw
      - Fixed camera preview
      - Revised PAPrefs to set TabletUI mode to 1000 rather than 720
      - Merge upstream
    -> 06APR13:  Initial upload
    [ROM Update] 29SEPT2013

I've posted an updated ROM that merges upstream.

This is most likely my last effort at developing for the HP Touchpad. If jcsullin's bluetooth source is released before I dispose of the TP, I'll make a final update. I have a working 10.2/4.3 ROM that still has some bugs. If I have time and inclination, I may try to fix it, otherwise, I may post an alpha build of it.

Any one who wants to keep the ROM alive is welcome to fork my github repo's and keep working at it.

Enjoy.
    [rom_update] 08aug13

I've uploaded an update to the ROM as follows:

-> 08AUG13:
    - Rewrite updater_script to allow updating ROM without reflashing gapps
    - Auto backup/restore PA preferences after flashing ROM update
    - Merge upstream

Note that you no longer have to reflash gapps on updating the ROM. In addition, your current ParanoidAndroid configuration will be restored after flashing an update.

Enjoy.
    [ROM Update] 23NOV2013

I've posted a final, final update with the following changes:

-> 23NOV13 (SWAN SONG):
    - Merge jcsullins bluetooth code
    - Merge upstream

Everyone needs to thank jcsullins for the amazing work he does for the TP. As I've said before, this may be one of the few, maybe only, non-Broadcom chip devices with working bluetooth. Thanks, Mr. Sullins.

ENJOY!
    that low draw in sleep mode is amazing, sir. i can leave my tp sitting in its bag for a week and still have plenty of juice. about to update to the 11-june rom. thanks for keeping my little buddy alive and fresh.

You're welcome.