[Q] What does RQT_CLOSE mean?

Search This thread

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
I am at the point where my AT&T Note 2 SGH-i317 either displays the Samsung Note II screen or I can go into the Odin screen. It will not open recovery.
If I try to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 using Odin, I get the message from the title.
Odin appears to load the factory 4.1 rom but I end up with the same message at the end.
I had successfully restored 4.1 using Odin and then the phone auto updated to 4.3. After that, I followed the instructions for installing Jedi Master but the phone won't restart. I tried to use the same files I got 4.1 back with (this has worked twice before from 4.3) but they will no longer work. Is there anything I can do to get the phone working again?

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)
I am at the point where my AT&T Note 2 SGH-i317 either displays the Samsung Note II screen or I can go into the Odin screen. It will not open recovery.
If I try to install CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 using Odin, I get the message from the title.
Odin appears to load the factory 4.1 rom but I end up with the same message at the end.
I had successfully restored 4.1 using Odin and then the phone auto updated to 4.3. After that, I followed the instructions for installing Jedi Master but the phone won't restart. I tried to use the same files I got 4.1 back with (this has worked twice before from 4.3) but they will no longer work. Is there anything I can do to get the phone working again?

Which version of odin are you using?

Can you enter stock recovery or only download mode?

If you can get into stock recovery if it says anything about knox then you have the new bootloader, which you should if you updated to 4.3 via an ota update or an odin file. If you have this we can skip a few steps. If you don't, we will basically be starting from the beginning.

Assuming you have the newer bootloader, this is what I need you to do.

Go to teamw.in and download the latest twrp and make sure it's the recovery.img.tar.md5 flash that through odin.

In the mean time start a fresh download of jedi masterx2. When that download finishes make sure you verify the md5 sum. This is key. One digit off and the entire download is bad and you'll end up bootlooping again.

Once you have twrp and a good download of jmx2 boot into twrp. Do a system wipe and then flash the rom.

Let me know how it works. Just be patient and we can get this fixed for you. As long as you can power on you can recover your phone and make it work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
I use an app called hash droid to verify md5

Sent from my Jedi MasterX Note 2

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
Which version of odin are you using?

Can you enter stock recovery or only download mode?

If you can get into stock recovery if it says anything about knox then you have the new bootloader, which you should if you updated to 4.3 via an ota update or an odin file. If you have this we can skip a few steps. If you don't, we will basically be starting from the beginning.

Assuming you have the newer bootloader, this is what I need you to do.

Go to teamw.in and download the latest twrp and make sure it's the recovery.img.tar.md5 flash that through odin.

In the mean time start a fresh download of jedi masterx2. When that download finishes make sure you verify the md5 sum. This is key. One digit off and the entire download is bad and you'll end up bootlooping again.

Once you have twrp and a good download of jmx2 boot into twrp. Do a system wipe and then flash the rom.

Let me know how it works. Just be patient and we can get this fixed for you. As long as you can power on you can recover your phone and make it work.

Odin shows the Knox flag, so I assume I am on 4.3.

I cannot find this file, "recovery.img.tar.md5".

The most likely looking file I found was this, but it isn't an md5, "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar".

In fact I find no files with an "md5" extension on that site.

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

The most likely looking file I found was this, but it isn't an md5, "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar".

I apologize. For the recovery.img it needs to be the tar extension.

Once you push that to the device you're back in business.

Reactions: mid_life_crisis

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011

I gave you a thanks because I truly appreciate the attempt to help me, but that wouldn't load either.
Fortunately the guy at the Samsung counter was able to use a Samsung loader to force 4.3 and the phone is working again.

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)
I gave you a thanks because I truly appreciate the attempt to help me, but that wouldn't load either.
Fortunately the guy at the Samsung counter was able to use a Samsung loader to force 4.3 and the phone is working again.

Hmm that us interesting. I wonder why it wouldn't load...

What version of odin do you use? I've been using 3.07 for a long time with no issues.

I'm curious about the knox counter as well.

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
That's good and weird at the same time.

Its good because its what we expected AND that the Samsung person fixed your phone even though you tripped the KNOX bit.

Its weird because the Samsung person fixed your phone even though you tripped the KNOX bit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just curious - is your knox warranty counter back to zero in download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app