[Q] KFHD2013(KFSOWI)11.3.2.2 Complete Backup is possible?

Search This thread

aplog

Apr 12, 2014
Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i give my best and i hope somebody can understand me. :crying:

First of all i have to say thanks for all the work that everyone here does for persons like me, persons without understanding how an computer, handy, tablet, and so on works.

I hope my question is simple to answer, unfortunally i am a little bit confused about the many versions of the kindle fire and i dont know what tutorial is the right for my device.

I rootet my Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 and installed SU. Works perfect.

Now i want make a complete backup of the device in this state to restore "in case of emergency". :laugh:

A complete image of all "partitions", apps, everthing. Is this possible?

If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

aplog

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i give my best and i hope somebody can understand me. :crying:

First of all i have to say thanks for all the work that everyone here does for persons like me, persons without understanding how an computer, handy, tablet, and so on works.

I hope my question is simple to answer, unfortunally i am a little bit confused about the many versions of the kindle fire and i dont know what tutorial is the right for my device.

I rootet my Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 and installed SU. Works perfect.

Now i want make a complete backup of the device in this state to restore "in case of emergency". :laugh:

If yes, how?

aplog

surpisingly the answer is no. You can backup the recovery partition and the bootimg but thats about it, the system partition is bigger than the ammount of ram the kindle has, and fastboot stores the image in the ram when flashing, luckily theres a utility that can restore your kindle if it bricks, it flashes a smaller system image first thats incomplete but has enough thtere to get adb shell access, then pushes a amazon ota onto the device and forces it to update thus providing you with the full os.

darskiba

Apr 15, 2014
Help me out?

Hey man. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question. But how did you root your 11.3.2.2? Im just having the worst time trying to find out how. If you'd answer this, you'd have my many thanks.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I thought the old method involving a fastboot cable worked. If not try downgrading the os and rooting it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

kennethac

Oct 8, 2012
Hello,

If yes, how?

aplog

what method you used to root 11.3.2.2?? Nothing has worked for me :(

aplog

Apr 12, 2014
surpisingly the answer is no. You can backup the recovery partition and the bootimg but thats about it, the system partition is bigger than the ammount of ram the kindle has, and fastboot stores the image in the ram when flashing, luckily theres a utility that can restore your kindle if it bricks, it flashes a smaller system image first thats incomplete but has enough thtere to get adb shell access, then pushes a amazon ota onto the device and forces it to update thus providing you with the full os.

A little bit late, but thank you very much!
If there is a possible way, so i will try it.

Hey man. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question. But how did you root your 11.3.2.2? Im just having the worst time trying to find out how. If you'd answer this, you'd have my many thanks.

what method you used to root 11.3.2.2?? Nothing has worked for me :(

I used this german tutorial, but it is only a german explanation of a xda-developers thread.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/amazon-...ohne-frontcam-kfsowi-11-3-2-1-11-3-2-2-a.html

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50985251

Its the downgrading method with factory cable, without factory cable it will not work.
To make this cable is not really difficult, so try it. :good:
Hope you understand me. :crying: