[Share] Root Xperia Tab Z LB/UB

Search This thread
D

danycagiva

Hey Guys,
i would like to share a new app with you. It´s called Towelroot. It roots your Device instantly.
Just go to http://towelroot.com and click on the lambda. Install it and click make it rain.

It Works!! No need for Recovery or anything else. Locked Bootloader AND Unlocked Bootloader.

My Tab Z runs the latest 4.4.2 so it works with the latest firmware.

Geohot (creator of towel root) says that it roots nearly every device. So keep on sharing.

Below i have two Screenshots for evidence.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 664
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 572

Simonb42

Nov 24, 2012
Worked for me too! I'd been planning on getting root with multiples flashes and manipulations for months but I kept postponing it... and now that 1-click hack took just a few minutes!

I've gone crazy with Xposed Modules and root apps that I'd wanted to use for ages. Next up will be finding out how to install a custom recovery; I'm used to flashing unlocked devices...

kishangoyal

Jul 11, 2012
BLR
kishangoyal.co.cc
If I root using this, will it void warranty?

I bought the LTE version tablet 2 weeks ago and don't want to lose warranty so soon..so, if I root using this Towelroot method, do I lose warranty as well? And I will still get/use official OTA from Sony?
If I need to, for some reason, can I un-root the tablet again and go to complete stock?

Pardon my limited knowledge, a n00b here.

D

danycagiva

I bought the LTE version tablet 2 weeks ago and don't want to lose warranty so soon..so, if I root using this Towelroot method, do I lose warranty as well? And I will still get/use official OTA from Sony?
If I need to, for some reason, can I un-root the tablet again and go to complete stock?

Pardon my limited knowledge, a n00b here.

I know that you loose Warranty when you unlock your bootloader. But only rooting it, is kinda difficult. I dont know exactly how the towelroot root affects the sony firmware. Maybe it wont void your warranty but maybe it will. I cant say it 100% but if you want to stay safe with your Tablet dont Root it. If you need and use what sony´s offering, keep using it without root.