[MOD][Xposed][4.0.3+] SwipeUpToSleep

Search This thread

looklookson

Jan 17, 2008
Background
I am using HTC-E8. The power button is on the top of device which is difficult to turn screen off by using its power button. So I write this mod to let me turn of screen by just swipe up from home button

Function
This mod allow you swipe up from home button to turn off your screen.
Since swipe up from home button normally will trigger Google Now. This mod default will disable this gesture for trigger Google Now. However, you can have an option to enable Google Now by long press the home button.

Notes:
1. You must reboot your device to make your preference take effect.
2. I only test it on my HTC-E8 device with HTC Sense 6.0

Changes History:
2015-04-27 v0.83
1. Fix package name issues while download from Xposed repository
2. Add a function to completely disable "Google Now"
3. Add function on turning the threshold for triggering "Google Now"

Contributors
looklookson
Xposed Package Name: looklookson.swipeuptosleep

Attachments

• looklookson.swipeuptosleep_v083.apk
    20.6 KB · Views: 922
Last edited:

KOHO

Jan 10, 2014
Great work!!

Will test this module for sure~
If Dev can consider on including this swipe up gesture to run other actions or shortcuts will be even more fantastic!

Thanks for the great module!

It works but the threshold is too short, very easy to accidentally tutn off screen. Therrs no swiping up animation like woth google now but i just press on the home button a little longer than usual then the screen turns off. Please implement the now-like popup and ability to adjust threshold

Collserra

Nov 17, 2013
"Package name is incorrect" on Xposed repository (aka can't download from xposed app)

I would also like to see the ability to change the threshold before screen turns off, and adding some kind of visual, whether it's Google's own one or a custom one, would be nice.

Jun 19, 2009
For me it works by swiping up on the home, menu, app drawer and back buttons on my LG G3. I like it that way since it's easier to toggle the screen off.

Diaphragma

Nov 2, 2012
Nice module :) I believe the same thing can be achieved with greenify which lets you default "hibernate and lock" to the swipe up shortcut. You don't need xposed for that.

Reactions: htr5 and jsdecker10

the_Calen

Nice module :) I believe the same thing can be achieved with greenify which lets you default "hibernate and lock" to the swipe up shortcut. You don't need xposed for that.

Well I dislike that greenify always locks the phone and I only want my screen turned off. With greenify it always prompts me to enter my unlock pattern and ignores Googles smart lock and for this is an annoyance.

But with this module it works like a charm.

Reactions: Diaphragma

Diaphragma

Nov 2, 2012
Well I dislike that greenify always locks the phone and I only want my screen turned off. With greenify it always prompts me to enter my unlock pattern and ignores Googles smart lock and for this is an annoyance.

But with this module it works like a charm.
Alright :) I did not know greenify disables smart unlock.

PixelPatrik

May 11, 2013
Is this possible using hardware navigation keys? I guess it's not, since it just replaces the Google now shortcut..

CHERRY63

Sep 17, 2013
And your equipment

If you're trying this package post the type of device it worked on, OS, custom ROM etc... so others will know..

HELP OTHERS WHILE OTHERS HELP YOU

exothermic

Mar 8, 2015
Good stuff! Although swipe [down] to sleep & swipe up to wake, just make more sense to me as swipe gestures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    I am using HTC-E8. The power button is on the top of device which is difficult to turn screen off by using its power button. So I write this mod to let me turn of screen by just swipe up from home button

Function
    This mod allow you swipe up from home button to turn off your screen.
    Since swipe up from home button normally will trigger Google Now. This mod default will disable this gesture for trigger Google Now. However, you can have an option to enable Google Now by long press the home button.

Notes:
    1. You must reboot your device to make your preference take effect.
    2. I only test it on my HTC-E8 device with HTC Sense 6.0

Changes History:
    2015-04-27 v0.83
    1. Fix package name issues while download from Xposed repository
    2. Add a function to completely disable "Google Now"
    3. Add function on turning the threshold for triggering "Google Now"

Contributors
    looklookson
    Xposed Package Name: looklookson.swipeuptosleep
    I used this mod on lollipop and it is awesome, but It stopped working in marshmallow . Is there any chance that you will revise it? I think problem is assist app function come with marshmallow.
    I just updated a latest version which control the threshold.
    It worked great until marshmallow
    any chance that you will update it?