[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA

Search This thread

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
i have been searching and searching and i still cant get this work work all the way thru. im following step by step. im running Viper 1.1.3, elkey kernel with CWM recovery. i have flash TWRP and stock kernel but still no go. im seeing other people are having the same problem as well. i have tried 2 different computers (vista & Win7) but still nothing. redownloaded the files needed also. any lil help would greatly appreciate!

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem readcid
(bootloader) cid: 11111111
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
OKAY [ 0.046s]
finished. total time: 0.047s

C:\android-adb>fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
sending 'zip' (36905 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.669s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 2.742s

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem boot
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) monarudo_vibrate_device_time(): vibrate 200(ms)...
(bootloader) Boot/Recovery signature checking...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_HASH ret = 0
(bootloader) setup_tag addr=0x80600100 cmdline add=0x003147C8
(bootloader) TAG:Ramdisk OK
(bootloader) TAG:skuid 0x32401
(bootloader) TAG:hero panel = 0x94005B
(bootloader) TAG:engineerid = 0x0
(bootloader) TAG: PS ID = 0x0
(bootloader) TAG: Gyro ID = 0x1
(bootloader) [SD_ERR] The project does not support SD card
(bootloader) E0902910 E0902E20
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.153s

----hangs at HTC boot screen and wont boot onto Android

finally got it after flashing CWM through ROM Manager. and redid everything and PROFIT! thanks to who every posted that "ROM Manager" suggestion.

Last edited:

Edward Zhuang

Aug 22, 2012
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

type in fastboot oem reboot

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Wait you flashed the DNA zip from the OP and ended up with a factory reset?? That should not be the case. All the rest of us did it without any wiping of Data. Hmm... weird.

That wasn't supposed to happen? lol my phone has been through a hell of a lot tonight because of certain ADB issues so I have most likely screwed something up ;)

Anyways no doubt it is not desirable to skip files but I am feeling risky!

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
:cool:
i have been searching and searching and i still cant get this work work all the way thru. im following step by step. im running Viper 1.1.3, elkey kernel with CWM recovery. i have flash TWRP and stock kernel but still no go. im seeing other people are having the same problem as well. i have tried 2 different computers (vista & Win7) but still nothing. redownloaded the files needed also. any lil help would greatly appreciate!

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem readcid
(bootloader) cid: 11111111
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
OKAY [ 0.046s]
finished. total time: 0.047s

C:\android-adb>fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
sending 'zip' (36905 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.669s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 2.742s

C:\android-adb>fastboot oem boot
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) monarudo_vibrate_device_time(): vibrate 200(ms)...
(bootloader) Boot/Recovery signature checking...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_HASH ret = 0
(bootloader) setup_tag addr=0x80600100 cmdline add=0x003147C8
(bootloader) TAG:Ramdisk OK
(bootloader) TAG:skuid 0x32401
(bootloader) TAG:hero panel = 0x94005B
(bootloader) TAG:engineerid = 0x0
(bootloader) TAG: PS ID = 0x0
(bootloader) TAG: Gyro ID = 0x1
(bootloader) [SD_ERR] The project does not support SD card
(bootloader) E0902910 E0902E20
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.153s

----hangs at HTC boot screen and wont boot onto Android

Every instance so far where someone has had this issue AND succeeded seems to require AT LEAST wiping data, but sometimes as much as an RUU flash to stock, and at worst, a complete RUU, re-lock, and start from scratch as if the phone was fresh out of the box.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

There will be no one click.

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).

NSammut

Dec 25, 2012
I did it, but then i did the "fastboot oem readcid" command and I get 1's instead of 2's...is that right?

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

Every instance so far where someone has had this issue AND succeeded seems to require AT LEAST wiping data, but sometimes as much as an RUU flash to stock, and at worst, a complete RUU, re-lock, and start from scratch as if the phone was fresh out of the box.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).

Excuse me? I "keep saying it" because its my work, and this is a respectful community. I'd be disappointed if I had any issues here in that regard.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
rainabba,

This is not an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, this is a public development community. We made decisions not to obfuscate what is going on, so the community could learn, but choose to keep the rights and source to the project. It is free for personal use, but not opensource and not free to distribute.

Hell I remember you flipping out over someone distributing a GPL licensed binary you compiled, you have no room to talk here.

You like to cause problems with any AndIRC related project (time and time again), you have issues with us it is very clear, but I'm going to ask you nicely to just go away. If you don't like how we handle our projects, go create your own instead of complaining.

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
There will be no one click.

Hmm - beaups IS the OP so he CAN state (not demand - see the difference?) that there will be no "one-click". One-clicks for the general public for something like this are generally not a good idea. I don't care if you create your own scripts to flush the toilet when you're done! This is not your script, and until you come up with a piece of work like this I suggest you calm down and stop harassing this team. You've been asked multiple times, quite nicely I might add, so I suggest you move along. Take that as your final warning.

Last edited:

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
I'll attempt again tomorrow when i'm not distracted by top gear UK, but when I tried tonight I kept getting hung up at the white HTC splash screen after flashing the zip and doing the oem boot command. Happened twice, I'm sure the solution is somewhere in this thread, just not reading through all of it right now haha.

katsuya82

Oct 13, 2008
Brisbane
Hi beaups and other devs,

I believe this method will work for HTC Butterfly X920D as well. Will you guys be implementing the s-off method to X920d?
If you require any help, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Last edited:

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
I'll attempt again tomorrow when i'm not distracted by top gear UK, but when I tried tonight I kept getting hung up at the white HTC splash screen after flashing the zip and doing the oem boot command. Happened twice, I'm sure the solution is somewhere in this thread, just not reading through all of it right now haha.

I just finished going threw the exact same thing. What I did was what beaups said to do and basically do
Re-lock
RUU to stock
take the OTA (make sure you still have supercid first, just in case)
Unlock
Root
S-OFF
But I did it from instructions from this thread and it worked http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152993

It's basically Re-lock then RUU to stock then Unlock take the OTA update then flash recovery then root with superuser zip and proceed to S-OFF instructions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC Droid DNA

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups, full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc. Thanks to jcase for recently modifiying the process to make it even easier and more reliable.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
    jcase - Donate to jcase
    dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
    dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, don’t do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, bat’d, etc. The binary contained in DNA-rescue.img is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission. The kernel portion of DNA-rescue.img is derived from unmodified HTC source. That source code can be obtained from htcdev.

For this to work, you must be HTCdev unlocked and have superCID (custom recovery/root is optional), see the thread below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, etc. If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently. Note this thread is provided for convenience only. Please look for support for superCID/unlock in it's proper thread, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or unlock! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues:

SuperCID for HTC Droid DNA:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2109862

Download modified boot.img:
    http://d-h.st/pQy

Download signed firmware:
    http://d-h.st/nOo 8fa1cf193559d34279d2b1c1aa8c29

1)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

2)
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (wait for black HTC Screen)

3)
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
    After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)

4) Immediately issue the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot DNA-rescue.img

5) After android is FULLY booted
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

6) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.

Getting an error 99 instead of error 92 after step 3?

Perform a few FULL power-downs and boots. Also, others have reported clearing caches in recovery helps as well.
    rainabba,

This is not an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, this is a public development community. We made decisions not to obfuscate what is going on, so the community could learn, but choose to keep the rights and source to the project. It is free for personal use, but not opensource and not free to distribute.

Hell I remember you flipping out over someone distributing a GPL licensed binary you compiled, you have no room to talk here.

You like to cause problems with any AndIRC related project (time and time again), you have issues with us it is very clear, but I'm going to ask you nicely to just go away. If you don't like how we handle our projects, go create your own instead of complaining.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Now that you guys have S-OFF, you can use my RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer!
    Just have someone make a plugin for the HTC One <insert model here> and then customize away!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786498
    ATTN: If you are on a DNA, PLEASE WAIT BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!

Something is not right, the method is not working regardless of if you took the OTA or not.
    Beanups will need to look into this.

It does work, just because you didn't get it working doesnt mean it doesnt work, please edit you post