Iris Browser 1.1.9 Windows Mobile 6.5.X Menu Fix

Search This thread

Drakknar

Jul 22, 2004
Berlin
Hey guys,
On my Windows Mobile 6.5.X, using the latest version of Iris Browser (1.1.9), I noticed that the "Navigate" context menu isn't working (at least using classic OS Menus), so I'm not able to bring up any of the navigation features, making my navigation experience quite frustrating.

I know that Iris is old and unsupported, but on my HD2 it's fast, stable and as of today it's the only good Webkit based browser, so I thought to modify the executable to work correctly with WM 6.5.X, and I reorganized the menu structure so that everything should be working.

Here you can find some pics:
| | |

And the download link: just unpack and overwrite the original IrisBrowser.exe

Tested working on my HD2 with Dutty's HG WM 6.5.X 23569. Let me know if it works for you :)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

eospace

Jun 2, 2010
Vancouver
You, sir, are a lifesaver. I cannot thank you enough. Iris is the only decent webkit browser available for the moment that has a halfway decent zoom to frame algorithm. It does everything else too, like flash lite, and really only needs a skinning to be up there with the big boys.

I was actually preparing to downgrade my rom to a 6.5 just to get iris to work.

Again, you have my thanks. :) :D

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
Wow Thaanks! Didn't know someone would be dedicated enough to fix this bug :D

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did u decompile/hack/fix the exe?

Last edited:

Drakknar

Jul 22, 2004
Berlin
Wow Thaanks! Didn't know someone would be dedicated enough to fix this bug :D

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did u decompile/hack/fix the exe?

Anytime man :) I'm glad to give something back to the community :)
When I first used this browser 2 weeks ago, this bug was really frustrating so I started thinking to any possible solutions (except for going back to WM6.5 just for an app :p). In the end the simplest was the most effective: I could edit all the resources using ResHacker :)
If possible I'm also thinking of modifying some other resources to be more finger friendly (i.e. the favourites window), but I dunno if in this case ResHacker will be enough

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
Anytime man :) I'm glad to give something back to the community :)
When I first used this browser 2 weeks ago, this bug was really frustrating so I started thinking to any possible solutions (except for going back to WM6.5 just for an app :p). In the end the simplest was the most effective: I could edit all the resources using ResHacker :)
If possible I'm also thinking of modifying some other resources to be more finger friendly (i.e. the favourites window), but I dunno if in this case ResHacker will be enough

reshacker eh? didn't think it was that powerful :p might take a poke around myself also...

Drakknar

Jul 22, 2004
Berlin
reshacker eh? didn't think it was that powerful :p might take a poke around myself also...

It really depends on the app itself... Inside some executables you can view an impressing amount of resources, while on others there's almost nothing to edit except from the app icon lol. I guess I was just lucky to be able to edit this kind of resources on this specific app :)

g4g0

Jan 17, 2008
can't download

I'm having some issues with Megaupload. :(

Mirrors please. Hope this isn't too much of a request.

M.Ozturk

Dec 7, 2008
Really nice browser.

@JamieKitson, I miss the 'home' function in your menu to go to the homepage.

Doghunter93

Sep 22, 2011
Ratmalana
ppl i need a big favor..... my iris browser crashes.... it says memory exceeds limit.....
n the cache is limited... wat shud i do..... m using
QTEK S200
WM5
pls hlp me....

Last edited:

abrls

Jun 18, 2008
Can someone who have a copy of menu fixed iris browser 1.1.9 reupload, please?
The megaupload download link is down. :-(

snappyjaw

Mar 21, 2009
Missoula, MT
Still out there?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm still using Iris browser and I'm wondering if anyone might have a copy of either of the two modified exe files mentioned in this thread. With the loss of Megaupload, neither link works and an extensive Google search shows no other hosts for the files.
Thanks for any help!

abrls

Jun 18, 2008
Thanks to Reshack, here is my version of menu fix for IrisBrowser.
Just unrar the file and copy it to your IrisBrowser program folder in your WM phone to replace the original IrisBrowser.exe.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

ppl i need a big favor..... my iris browser crashes.... it says memory exceeds limit.....
n the cache is limited... wat shud i do..... m using
QTEK S200
WM5
pls hlp me....
May be u r browsing graphic intensive website and your phone free RAM is not enough to support that. Just disable load image automatically in the Preference.
May be this will help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    On my Windows Mobile 6.5.X, using the latest version of Iris Browser (1.1.9), I noticed that the "Navigate" context menu isn't working (at least using classic OS Menus), so I'm not able to bring up any of the navigation features, making my navigation experience quite frustrating.

I know that Iris is old and unsupported, but on my HD2 it's fast, stable and as of today it's the only good Webkit based browser, so I thought to modify the executable to work correctly with WM 6.5.X, and I reorganized the menu structure so that everything should be working.

Here you can find some pics:
    | | |

And the download link: just unpack and overwrite the original IrisBrowser.exe

Tested working on my HD2 with Dutty's HG WM 6.5.X 23569. Let me know if it works for you :)

Enjoy :)
    Thanks Drakknar, this had been frustrating me too. I think to keep the tabs menu item working you have to have it as the 4th item. Here's my version: exe zip.
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm still using Iris browser and I'm wondering if anyone might have a copy of either of the two modified exe files mentioned in this thread. With the loss of Megaupload, neither link works and an extensive Google search shows no other hosts for the files.
    Thanks for any help!

Well, i don't know how but with the (web available) Iris Browser 1.1.9, i got the "real" navigate menu to appear ! How ? I installed iris to a ramdisk disk to have it run faster, on top of caching to another ramdisk disk and Voila! the menu appeared (and works!). And all this with the same version of Iris i had been running before, but which was installed either to storage card or memory.....

I'm running a 1.66466 ROM which i re-cooked (osKitchen) to customize SpriteTerminator and some of my favorite programs. Surely the cooking did the trick but i don't remember changing any settings of the base ROM before cooking....