[Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Search This thread

syaoran12

Jun 25, 2010
Liberty 3
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
screenshot1320290767520.png
Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
DroidTh3ry for his camera app
droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
TopazAaron for our new server!
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox
- 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
- Statusbar Tweaks
- Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
- Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
- Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
- Update for new status bar settings
- New lockscreens added
- build.prop tweaks
- Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
- zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
- Minor theme fixes
- Liberty Settings updated
- Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
- sysrw and sysro scripts added
- Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
Liberty3 for the DX 2.0
MD5SUM: 29ad0ec267994d1724e30c85ca71f680

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:
Superuser Fix for those having issues updating it in the market.
MD5SUM: c1b022744dfc8a48cdf8c70a12e7193f

Install - CWM only
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Installing Themes
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:
Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16
Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
screen9e.png
screen3xj.png

screen1ghy.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screen4c.png
screen5n.png

screen6jj.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

screen7s.png
screen8s.png

Last edited:

syaoran12

Jun 25, 2010
Theme Manager is included in the Donate version of Liberty Customizer.
You can find it here on the android market.

The Theme Manager will only be found in the Donate version of the app because we wanted the people who donated to our cause to feel they got something extra for their donation.

Screenshots

pic1p.png
pic1wu.png

pic1dn.png
pic1ud.png

pic1bs.png
pic1fq.png

nycorduroy

Sep 24, 2010
Can I install this directly over liberty gingerbread v0.9???
Obviously I know a full data wipe will be necessary, but I am concerned about
the system version not being up to par.
Any info. would be much appreciated.
thanks
Nycorduroy

nukeruss

Feb 13, 2011
Palmyra, PA
This Rom is outstanding. Feels like CM7 but has all the advantages of stock. I've been on CM7 GB for months now and I'm really surprised at how much better the display looks with this rom over CM7. Also the flext9 keyboard works with this ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium

stevehkim

Oct 29, 2011
My sisters dx is running cm7 currently the gb version. But the phone is very unstable and continues to reboot constantly. (she blames me as I modded the phone for her). I really want to flash this liberty rom but I'm very unsure as I have read a couple different places and it's confusing. I'm pretty sure the .608 is the gb update number but what is init #20? and how do I check this? I currently have a atrix 4g and have flashed my phone several different times with different roms and kernels but the dx process is so very new to me. Any help or guidance in the flash from cm7 to liberty would be greatly appreciated. I've already soft bricked her phone twice and am pretty familiar with the sbf process. Thanks.

nukeruss

Feb 13, 2011
Palmyra, PA
My sisters dx is running cm7 currently the gb version. But the phone is very unstable and continues to reboot constantly. (she blames me as I modded the phone for her). I really want to flash this liberty rom but I'm very unsure as I have read a couple different places and it's confusing. I'm pretty sure the .608 is the gb update number but what is init #20? and how do I check this? I currently have a atrix 4g and have flashed my phone several different times with different roms and kernels but the dx process is so very new to me. Any help or guidance in the flash from cm7 to liberty would be greatly appreciated. I've already soft bricked her phone twice and am pretty familiar with the sbf process. Thanks.

Go into settings/about phone. If the Baseband version ends in .13p then you are on the most updated kernel needed to flash this rom. Follow the instructions above and you should be good to go.

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
Freaking outstanding ROM guys.

Oddly my crt off animation quit working after a day or so. :confused: I'm sure i messed it up, not sure with what though.

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
NEED HELP WITH WIFI TETHER! Please read details below :) Thnx

Despite my low number of posts, I am not new here. Long time reader/lurker :D

Just thought I would give a shout out to the devs for all of their hard work on this rom. I am very pleased with it to say the least. Minimal bugs and problems I have found so far. Just came off of Liberty2 v0.9 which had many bugs for me and got worse the longer I ran it.

-WIFI TETHER ISSUE-
Only thing that bugs me about this new rom is that I can't seem to get WiFi tethering to work anymore. I tried the WugPacked All-in-one patch, which I had been using on Liberty2 v0.9, but it doesn't seem to work now. Is there something I am missing? When I first set it up on 0.9 there was a thread that explained how to set it up to work but I can't seem to find it again. Something about after installing the WugPacked patch you needed to change some settings in the WiFi Tether app to get it to work properly. Where I seem to run into a roadblock is when you open WiFi Tether app and click to start tethering, Superuser is asking for permission to allow/deny. It always crashes Superuser and makes it force close. Is there some way around this? Can I manually add the Tether app to the Superuser list of allowed root access? I know once you open an app and Superuser pops up asking to allow/deny, it will save that setting from then on and not ask every time. Is there a way to manually add the WiFi Tether app into the list of allowed apps so I can skip this pop up that seems to keep crashing SU? I desperatley need to get Tether back working again. Or if there is something I am missing or and easier method, please feel free to elaborate. Thanks in advance for the help.

Something else I would like to post here for help to anyone hoping to install this rom. Like I said, I was on Liberty2 v0.9 before. It was complete hell trying to get it to install. Took me nearly 4 days to get there because my phone kept bricking. I think I finally figured out where the problem lies.
One major issues I had was that ClockWorkMod Recovery would come up after every boot. Doesn't sound like a major issue right? Well when you need to restart your phone in a hurry, you have to go through CWM every time. It gets better... How about if you are plugged into power with the phone off? Usually the phone goes to a battery charging screen, no? NOPE. CWM comes up 1st and you have to reboot the phone to get to the charging screen. And since the phone will not charge while in CWM, it produces some very aggravating results when you plugged in your dead phone and come back 4hrs later expecting it to be charged.
So if you are booted in android and need to reboot while plugged in and charging... you get: Booted > Reboot > CWM > Reboot > Charging screen > Reboot > CWM > Reboot > Booted.
Takes like 4mins to reboot from in the OS to get back in the OS. Not fun.
So what makes CWM come up after every boot? I think it has something to do with a conflict between the CWM Recovery and the stock Recovery menus. When CWM is starting on every boot, the stock recovery refused to work. You could get it to boot the stock recovery, but it shows the little triangle error icon.
I think it has something to do with the .602 sbf file. Everytime I sbf to the .602, I get the CWM error and other things not working properly. I had lots of issues on Liberty2, too many to list. So if you plan on installing Liberty3, I suggest these steps for best results.

BACKUP EVERYTHING! If recommend My Backup Root by Reware (android market) and Titanium Backup
If you have CWM installed, boot into CWM and wipe data, cache and dalvik (if no CWM installed, use the stock recovery to do these steps)
SBF to 2.3.340
Let phone boot and activate the phone. No need to set up google accounts or anything else.
From the home screen click menu button/Settings/About Phone/System Updates and let the phone find the recent .605 software.
Download and install the .605 and activate your phone like you normally would (Google account too)
Go to the Android Market and download the Droid2 Bootstrap by Koush.
Before you open it, you need to root your phone using the Droid3 one click root process. (Please google it as I don't have a link)
Follow the instructions for the root exactly so you don't miss anything.
Now you are rooted and need to install the Droid2 Bootstrap.
Open it up and click "Allow" on the Superuser pop up. Now you see 2 buttons. Click the "Bootstrap" button.
Should pop up a notification saying "Success".
(Make sure you have the Liberty3 v2.0 on your sdcard at this time)
Now you can click the "Recovery" button to reboot the phone into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Now in CWM you need to wipe data, cache and dalvik before installing Liberty3.
Install Liberty3 and wipe data, cache and dalvik again after it finishes before you leave CWM.
Liberty3 v2.0 should boot fine now and not give you any problems :) I hope :D

I am not sure why wiping the data, cache, and dalvik before and after the Liberty3 install helps (as it shouldn't matter), but it seemed to clear up installation issues I was having. Like Boot Looping and other odd things.
I highly recommend not using the .602 sbf file as it seems to be missing some files that the .340 sbf has. And yes I downloaded, redownloaded, downloaded the .602 from many places and get the same errors every time. The install method I mentioned above took me like 1hr if you already have all the files on your computer.
Hope this helps anyone experiencing the same problems I was having.

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
that gives a new meaning to tl;dr

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

What version of wifi tether are you using? Do you have the routing fix enabled?

I was having some trouble with this on stock rooted .608 and ended up just doing the NVram hack. It went smoothly and took 5 minutes...i haven't sbf'd since then so i suspect that's why i'm not having an issue now.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/3136-wir...gerbread-tether-fix-instructions-updated-102/

followed them to the letter.

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
-WIFI TETHER ISSUE UPDATE-

Ok, so i got wifi tethering up and running. Thanks tdrussell for the info but I did not need to NVhack my phone. I believe that was the purpose of the WugPacked All-in-one zip file. It does the NVhack and installs wifi_tether_v3_1-pre99.apk in one step.
Since I was having trouble getting the included wifi_tether_v3_1-pre99.apk to work with the Superuser on Liberty3, I decided to try one of the newer versions of it.
I am currently using Wifi Tether v3.1-beta6, and to my surprise it is working. :D Yay!

Anyhow, let me clear this up for anyone else that might need to get tether running on their new Liberty3 install.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP CAREFULLY! :) kthanksbai
-Make sure you have all Wifi Tether apps uninstalled (you cant uninstall the stock app so leave it alone)
-Download the http://goo.gl/hpPoJ and place it on the root of your sdcard.
-Reboot your phone into ClockWorkMod Recovery
-Scroll down to "install zip from sdcard"
-click it and scroll down till you find WugPacked_GB_Tether_Patch_1.1.zip
-click it and let it install
-reboot into android
-uninstall the Wifi Tether v3.1-pre99 that the zip file just installed.
-go here http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list and download v3.1-beta6
-install the app and open it (but do not click the signal icon to start tethering yet)
-click your menu button and go into settings
-In the settings menu, click on Select Device-Profile. Scroll down and check DroidX
-Now back in the settings menu, scroll down and look for "Routing Fix". Check that box.
-Exit out of the app and go back to your home screen
-Click your menu button and go into settings (android)
-Navigate to: Wireless & networks > Tethering & mobile hotspot > Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot settings > Configure Wi-Fi hotspot (you will have to enable hotspot 1st to be able to change the settings)
-Once in the configure screen, set the Security to none (no wpa or psk or wep)
-Exit back to home screen
-Open the Wifi Tether app again
-Click the signal icon to start tethering. Superuser should pop up and ask to Allow/Deny. Wait for about 2 seconds and then click Allow (if you do it too fast, superuser has a tendency to Force Close)
-Now, end all tethering and reboot your phone cause the next set is VERY IMPORTANT!
-After reboot, use Titanium Backup to freeze these four programs.
-Once you are in Titanium, click search and type in "data" and click "apply"
-You shoud see: Data Collection 1.0, Data Collector Service 1.0, DataCollectorProvider 1.0, Setup data encryption 2.3.3
-Freeze all 4 of those (do not uninstall). These are new programs that Verizon has added to the new GingerBread to track data on your handset. It could tell them the difference between your phone data and tethtering data. It is unconfirmed, but better safe than sorry ;)
ENJOY! You should be tethering now :D

You can set connection security within the app but do not use "Access Control". I have been told that it is still unstable and might cause connection issues.
Hope I was able to help anyone out. Good day *tips hat* /:-{

Last edited:

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
Sorry to post again, but can I make a request? Would it be possible to get the Swype keyboard in the same colors as the android keyboard? It is really hard on the eyes trying to type on a white keyboard at night. LoL
Thanks in advance

iSpencerPro

Jul 23, 2011
Rom bricked my dad's phone. I'm currently trying to fix it but I need help pleaseeeeeee.
After wiping cache and factory resetting I used dx bootstrap. flashed the rom and when it tries to load up I get a dim Liberty in the backround for about half a second then it goes away. It'll keep doing that as long as the phone is on. Please help.

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
Rom bricked my dad's phone. I'm currently trying to fix it but I need help pleaseeeeeee.
After wiping cache and factory resetting I used dx bootstrap. flashed the rom and when it tries to load up I get a dim Liberty in the backround for about half a second then it goes away. It'll keep doing that as long as the phone is on. Please help.

Which OS was on it before you flashed it? It needs to be on Gingerbread (.602 or .605). Probably the easiest way to fix it would be to SBF, root, and then reload the ROM.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

Maxgap1705

Sep 23, 2010
I am also experiencing issues with flashing this rom. I've had every prior liberty build work without fail on the same device. I'm wondering if i'm missing a step somewhere in the flashing process. My most recent attempt at flashing Liberty3 had me booting into bootloader mode with errors reporting?! No power-up key binding either, just power on and boom - bootloader.

Is a dalvik wipe needed? and do i need to mount system before installing liberty3.zip, or do i just install after wiping?

Also, any chance anyone can direct me to a download for a gingerbread SBF file? would make this a less tedious process as ive had to SBF back to Froyo then wait for the ota about 3 times now with each botched rom install :confused: - gets very time consuming :eek:

Thanks in advance

Edit- checked the post above and found a .602 SBF :D (thx ylexot)

Last edited:

The5ickne55

Oct 14, 2009
Just installed this got an issue. Whenever I open AOSP gallery it shows no pictures, blur gallery just crashes. Pictures aren't "saved" either.

Any idea?

gomisan

Aug 23, 2010
I've been rooting and ROM's my Androids phones, and I think this is the 1st time ever that I've bricked my phone... All I did was perform a backup, wipe data and cache. Tried to install the new Liberty and it kept erroring out, I think becaue the .zip was bad. I went to do a restore of my working backup and now my phone is bricked. How can I restore my phone, not being able to get into bootstrap to perform a manual restore? I'm stuck.

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
Just installed this got an issue. Whenever I open AOSP gallery it shows no pictures, blur gallery just crashes. Pictures aren't "saved" either.

Any idea?
Try going into settings-> applications-> manage applications, select the gallery, and clear data and cache.

That should force the gallery to rebuild the thumbnails that may have gotten corrupted.

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
I've been rooting and ROM's my Androids phones, and I think this is the 1st time ever that I've bricked my phone... All I did was perform a backup, wipe data and cache. Tried to install the new Liberty and it kept erroring out, I think becaue the .zip was bad. I went to do a restore of my working backup and now my phone is bricked. How can I restore my phone, not being able to get into bootstrap to perform a manual restore? I'm stuck.

SBF...see my link a few posts back.

Maxgap1705

Sep 23, 2010
So i wiped everything (dalvik/data/cache) and still no luck. Maybe a bad .zip?

The install seems too fast and when i boot up after installing it sends me to bootloader and im seeing the following:

-----------------------
Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable
-----------------------

At least it's a great opportunity to try this .602 SBF :rolleyes:

Must....have....liberty....

gomisan

Aug 23, 2010
The .SBF trick works flawless. I'm on stock Gingberbread, Rooted! It's super simple to do and restore your phone. Am I the only one finding bad Liberty 3.0 ROM's? Everyone that I've downloaded and attempted to Flash, get's a "Bad Zip" error in clockwork..... I'm about to give up on this Liberty 3.0 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liberty 3
    Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
    screenshot1320290767520.png
    Notes:
    * Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
    Team Liberty
    Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
    Primary Dev - Syaoran12
    Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
    Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
    DroidTh3ry for his camera app
    droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
    sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
    TopazAaron for our new server!
    Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
    - DSPManager included
    - Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
    - Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
    - Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
    - Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
    - Root Toolbox
    - 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
    - Statusbar Tweaks
    - Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
    - Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
    - Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
    - Update for new status bar settings
    - New lockscreens added
    - build.prop tweaks
    - Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
    - zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
    - Minor theme fixes
    - Liberty Settings updated
    - Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
    - sysrw and sysro scripts added
    - Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
    All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
    Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
    Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
    The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
    Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
    Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
    I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
    Liberty3 for the DX 2.0
    MD5SUM: 29ad0ec267994d1724e30c85ca71f680

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:
    Superuser Fix for those having issues updating it in the market.
    MD5SUM: c1b022744dfc8a48cdf8c70a12e7193f

Install - CWM only
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -find and select LibertyXX.zip
    -reboot

Installing Themes
    -find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Donate:
    Donate to Kejar31
    Donate to Jrummy16
    Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
    screen9e.png
    screen3xj.png

screen1ghy.png
    screenshot1320290836301.png

screen4c.png
    screen5n.png

screen6jj.png
    screenshot1320290907389.png

screen7s.png
    screen8s.png
    -WIFI TETHER ISSUE UPDATE-

Ok, so i got wifi tethering up and running. Thanks tdrussell for the info but I did not need to NVhack my phone. I believe that was the purpose of the WugPacked All-in-one zip file. It does the NVhack and installs wifi_tether_v3_1-pre99.apk in one step.
    Since I was having trouble getting the included wifi_tether_v3_1-pre99.apk to work with the Superuser on Liberty3, I decided to try one of the newer versions of it.
    I am currently using Wifi Tether v3.1-beta6, and to my surprise it is working. :D Yay!

Anyhow, let me clear this up for anyone else that might need to get tether running on their new Liberty3 install.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP CAREFULLY! :) kthanksbai
    -Make sure you have all Wifi Tether apps uninstalled (you cant uninstall the stock app so leave it alone)
    -Download the http://goo.gl/hpPoJ and place it on the root of your sdcard.
    -Reboot your phone into ClockWorkMod Recovery
    -Scroll down to "install zip from sdcard"
    -click it and scroll down till you find WugPacked_GB_Tether_Patch_1.1.zip
    -click it and let it install
    -reboot into android
    -uninstall the Wifi Tether v3.1-pre99 that the zip file just installed.
    -go here http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list and download v3.1-beta6
    -install the app and open it (but do not click the signal icon to start tethering yet)
    -click your menu button and go into settings
    -In the settings menu, click on Select Device-Profile. Scroll down and check DroidX
    -Now back in the settings menu, scroll down and look for "Routing Fix". Check that box.
    -Exit out of the app and go back to your home screen
    -Click your menu button and go into settings (android)
    -Navigate to: Wireless & networks > Tethering & mobile hotspot > Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot settings > Configure Wi-Fi hotspot (you will have to enable hotspot 1st to be able to change the settings)
    -Once in the configure screen, set the Security to none (no wpa or psk or wep)
    -Exit back to home screen
    -Open the Wifi Tether app again
    -Click the signal icon to start tethering. Superuser should pop up and ask to Allow/Deny. Wait for about 2 seconds and then click Allow (if you do it too fast, superuser has a tendency to Force Close)
    -Now, end all tethering and reboot your phone cause the next set is VERY IMPORTANT!
    -After reboot, use Titanium Backup to freeze these four programs.
    -Once you are in Titanium, click search and type in "data" and click "apply"
    -You shoud see: Data Collection 1.0, Data Collector Service 1.0, DataCollectorProvider 1.0, Setup data encryption 2.3.3
    -Freeze all 4 of those (do not uninstall). These are new programs that Verizon has added to the new GingerBread to track data on your handset. It could tell them the difference between your phone data and tethtering data. It is unconfirmed, but better safe than sorry ;)
    ENJOY! You should be tethering now :D

You can set connection security within the app but do not use "Access Control". I have been told that it is still unstable and might cause connection issues.
    Hope I was able to help anyone out. Good day *tips hat* /:-{
    Theme Manager is included in the Donate version of Liberty Customizer.
    You can find it here on the android market.

The Theme Manager will only be found in the Donate version of the app because we wanted the people who donated to our cause to feel they got something extra for their donation.

Screenshots

pic1p.png
    pic1wu.png

pic1dn.png
    pic1ud.png

pic1bs.png
    pic1fq.png
    Sleep issue here when trying to sleep manually. It actually caused my lockscreen to disappear. Had to restore nandroid to get it back. Just get juicedefender if you're trying to use the sleep function. I can pull roughly 35 hours on my 1800mAh Anker battery with JuiceDefender+OC+LowVoltage

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201