[ROM] VegaBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones

Search This thread

Tesno

May 10, 2009
It's faster than hc/ics for sure. I've had a bit problems, had to install moddedstock again. Launcher froze for 10 seconds last time I booted. I think I would prefer the natural dpi. If it's possible I'd like to have this as an alternative in the future.

Biggest problem is to get some games to work on Vega and Jellybean doesn't help with this, if someone wonders. One of the main reasons why I'm thinking of buying something new, Nexus7 for example.

Vlad87do

Nov 21, 2011
NRW
It's faster than hc/ics for sure. I've had a bit problems, had to install moddedstock again. Launcher froze for 10 seconds last time I booted. I think I would prefer the natural dpi. If it's possible I'd like to have this as an alternative in the future.

Biggest problem is to get some games to work on Vega and Jellybean doesn't help with this, if someone wonders. One of the main reasons why I'm thinking of buying something new, Nexus7 for example.

you cant change DPI , that would break you ROM ... and you will need to reflash it again :(

Do not compare Nexus 7 and Advent Vega tablets ;)

Tesno

May 10, 2009
Yeah, I know. I just think that screen looks all blurry with current DPI. Also, I don't really care about androids tablet interface, I used gingerbread for a long time in vega and I still think it's good enough.

MrBC

Nov 23, 2011
Lisburn
www.androidofvirtue.com
Can I ask why you put Superuser in the rom and not SuperSU. It was my understanding that Superuser did not work right on JB and that you needed SuperSU.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

chaosgerbil

Dec 19, 2008
Many thanks for this rom, works really well on our Vega. There is the occasional freeze that requires a reboot but for a device that should still be on 2.2 we can cope with this. Amazing work, keep it up.

mrdan

Jan 30, 2008
Don't reboot

Hi,

I test the beta 1, and work very well.
I test also the beta 2.2 (to resolve audio HDMI output problem), it work like a charme, but when I push the power button and set REBOOT, the tablet don't want. The screen stay blank.

I tried to re-install it, but the problem is the same.
I tried also the beta 2, but also blank after reboot.

I use the CMW version because the exe, don't want to boot after installation.

How to resolve this problem ?

Thanks, this is a very good job

PS : I have the Viewpad 10s tablet

Last edited:

superseagull

Apr 6, 2009
Brighton & Hove
firstly - big thanks to all involved x

sadly the 2.2b exe is not working at all on my vega - it gets stuck in continuous boot cycle where the back-light goes on and off but it never gets as far as the boot animation - will try downloading the exe file again before reverting to cwm.

will report back later.

update:

okay the exe version consistently fails on both of the kids vega tablets as described above so i reverted back to vegacream rc2 and again flashed vegabean 2.2b but this time the cwm version from the sd card.

the first vega installed fine first time and still working as it should after several installations and reboots - gui is fast and smooth - so far so good!

the second vega was only able to boot okay after the second cwm installation (still no exe joy) - the first cwm install left the tablet with black screen and back-light on and I am getting the same again after first reboot as described by mrdan above.

touch-screen on both units were over sensitive, particularly noticeable using the stock on-screen keyboard for text entry.

hope this helps and thanks again, al

Last edited:

veryjo

May 20, 2010
Ulm
VegaBean - a good Rom

i use version 2.3.
thank for this rom, i like it.
it's fast, stable, only little bugs... ;)

wlan on/off is a little prob for me.

but a big prob: i can't remove apps in system/app...?
rootexplorer or adb, no chance? Filesystem is read only

Last edited:

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
"- /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems."
Yeah, this means it's a read-only filesystem (no delete or paste is possible).
If you want more info, google for "squashfs".
First few links (sf, wiki) will give you more than enough info.

mackowiakp

Jul 26, 2011
Gdynia
From terminal (as ROOT) run:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

And then (as ROOT too):

create on sd card file named for example /mnt/sdcard/vega with content:

echo 1 > /sys/usbbus/host_mode

And than run:

cat /mnt/sdcard/vega >> /etc/vega_postboot

Thats all

kiwell

Jan 7, 2011
Strasbourg
Does someone now why the touchscreen of my viewpad 10s, becomes unstable after few minutes of use? The only unofficial rom that doesn't have this problem is the VegaComb HC3.2 Build9n. I would love to use this really nice rom :(

kiwell

Jan 7, 2011
Strasbourg
Today I tried every rom (vegacream, vegaics, honeyice, vegabean, jellybean..) and every version of them (alpha, beta, RC..) They work, but after a few minutes touchscreen becomes defective.
Thats really frustrating cause vegabean seems very good, you guys are lucky :)

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
Tried this one and it works really well, now i dont use my PoV as much as before since i got my tab7.7 but this really shot som new life into the "old" Tablet!

Thanks alot and keep up the good work :)

mrdan

Jan 30, 2008
beta3 boot like a charm (Viewpad 10s)

I found the beta3 and it work very well
here is the link for NVFLASH version :
VegaBean-Beta3-stripped.exe

links for CMW (don't tested by me) :
VegaBean-Beta3-120dpi-Apex.zip
VegaBean-Beta3-stripped.zip

I can't post outside link because i'm new on XDA, so go to website "tabletroms" -> Thread: [ROM] JellyBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones -> Page 110

firstly - big thanks to all involved x

sadly the 2.2b exe is not working at all on my vega - it gets stuck in continuous boot cycle where the back-light goes on and off but it never gets as far as the boot animation - will try downloading the exe file again before reverting to cwm.

will report back later.

update:

okay the exe version consistently fails on both of the kids vega tablets as described above so i reverted back to vegacream rc2 and again flashed vegabean 2.2b but this time the cwm version from the sd card.

the first vega installed fine first time and still working as it should after several installations and reboots - gui is fast and smooth - so far so good!

the second vega was only able to boot okay after the second cwm installation (still no exe joy) - the first cwm install left the tablet with black screen and back-light on and I am getting the same again after first reboot as described by mrdan above.

touch-screen on both units were over sensitive, particularly noticeable using the stock on-screen keyboard for text entry.

hope this helps and thanks again, al

danielo83

Aug 5, 2010
Hardenberg
Today I tried every rom (vegacream, vegaics, honeyice, vegabean, jellybean..) and every version of them (alpha, beta, RC..) They work, but after a few minutes touchscreen becomes defective.
Thats really frustrating cause vegabean seems very good, you guys are lucky :)

i have read this has something to do with the power adapter, did you have plugged it in ? (try a while without)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [INTRODUCTION]
    This ROM is based of the joined effort of a couple of devs (Ejtable, Scanno and Brucelee666) who are working on getting JellyBean working for our device. As soon as JellyBean is getting stable, my goal is also to put everything on github, just like i did with VegaCream. This way other devs can also work on this.

Please remember that I, ejtagle and brucelee666 are *NOT* professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.1.1 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.

We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.

[SPECIFICATIONS]
    This ROM is based on AOSP 4.1.1 and the device config made by Ejtagle, brucelee666 and myself.

- INT2EXT+ (Needs a correctly partitioned SDCard)
    - zRAM
    - DPI is set at 120dpi
    - Default JellyBean Launcher installed
    - Apex Launcher installed
    - Filemanager installed
    - Terminal installed
    - Google Apps is installed. This means that the Google base is installed and all the apps that are available in the Play Store are not installed (i.e. GMail, Maps)
    - All languages that are available in AOSP are included
    - Partition layout is the same as VegaCream / VegaICS beta1 / Modded stock
    - /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems.

[INSTALLATION]
    There are 2 methods of installation. There is a CWM recovery flashable ZIP and a NVFlash file.

I realy recommend flashing VegaBean the first time with the NVFlash version.

Before installing any version, you have to make sure that you have a SDCard that has the correct partition layout:
    - First partition is a primary partition formatted as FAT32
    - Second partition is a primary partition formatted as EXT4
    EXT4 is a linux filesystem so you will need a program that can handle Linux filesystems when you are using Windows.

Before installing the ZIP file make sure that:
    - You have the correct partition layout (if you have VegaCream installed, you have the correct layout, if not then use the NVFlash installer. This will repartition your internal memory))
    - Copy the ZIP file to your SD-Card
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Do a FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Install the ZIP file from your SDCard
    - After installing reboot the tablet.

[WORKING]
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth (Tested with a A2DP headset)
    - Camera
    - HDMI including audio
    - 3G (only fro the Huawei internal modem, usb modems may work)
    - GPS not tested by me, but some say it kind of works.

[CREDITS]
    - Ejtagle
    - Brucelee666
    - Scanno
    - LeoP for his zRAM implementation
    - Legionaire (for the VegaBean bootanimation)
    [DOWNLOADS]

Please do *NOT* use Link2SD anymore. You do not need it. With the INT2EXT script, your apps will install on SDCard by default. Just make sure you have 2 primary partition. First partition *MUST* be a FAT32 partition. The second partition *SHOULD* be EXT4. When upgrading from a previous version, make sure your EXT partition is empty / reformatted. Also when using the NVflash version !!!

Downloads:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=118264
    [Changelist]
    [Beta 6]
    - RIL updated to the latest version (3 october i think)
    - updated to AOSP 4.1.2
    - Added check to see if there is a second partition on the SDCard. If not INT2EXT is not excecuted (PLEASE TEST !!!)
    - Updated GApps

[Beta 5]
    Changes compared to Beta 3-1:
    - New kernel with the following changes:
    - Suspend problem solved. Tablet does not enter LP0 anymore
    - Compiled with zRAM support
    - zRAM modules added
    - zRAM implementation from LeoP included
    - RIL from ejtagle updated

[Beta 3-1]
    - Included int2ext+
    - Included bootanimation for legionnaire

[Beta 3]
    - Latest RIL from EJTagle
    - CM10 keyboard
    - Stock browser with the option to set User Agent
    - You can now just wipe cache and dalvik-cache when updating from a previous VegaBean version. Please remember that from other version you will have to do a full wipe / factory reset !!!

[Beta 2.2]
    What has changed compared to Beta 2
    - AOSP updated to JRO03L
    - Latest update to the huaweigeneric RIL (from aug 27) by EJTagle

The stripped version has the following apps removed from /system/app compared to the original version:
    - ApexLauncher.apk
    - PlayMusic.apk
    - Talk.apk
    - YouTube.apk

The stripped version should give you around 10 MiB extra on /system. So if you have bad NAND problems and have problems booting (not able to) you can try this.

[Beta 2]
    - HDMI audio working
    - VegaBean bootanimation added by indigolemon

[Beta 1]
    - Rotation really fixed and HW acceleration working
    - Disable / Enable GPS would crash, fixed (thanks Eduardo)

Alpha 3:
    - Rotation Fixed. Portrait mode is working correctly
    - 3G files included... Sadly no 3G because of too old version of Huawei RIL. Need at least version 6 and we have version 4. So if anybody can get his / her hands on a newer version, please let us know.
    @All,

Beta8 update ZIP : VegaBean-Beta8-Update.zip

Wifi fixed. After first install you should only have to enter the password once and then after reboot it should connect normally.

And added a new kernel build. The previous kernel had still some debug info enabled and that has been removed now.
    Thx for answere, but i dont will compile it , i will use the ready zip file and edit it.
    I am not a kernel-developer :)

thats why i asked you about team ;)

Ok... but again all help is welcome, but you know that. Besides kernel development is done by EJtagle and not by me. He reversed engineerd most of the device specific vega stuff.

Also... /system/lib, /system/framework, /system/usr, /system/app are squashfs filesystems. To access the files in there you have to unsquash them.