[mod][port] Zombie boot animation

Search This thread

hitman_dreams

Aug 31, 2009
MA
I found this thanks to hesh.monster asking for someone to port it. The original thread is here.

Credit:
-obdobber for making this on the Nexus

Description:
You can preview it at the post in the link above. The version I have for you includes the whole thing you see. You could just download the one in the link, but you miss the whole section where you watch from afar. There is also an inverted version for you to download if you don't like the movie theater style black bars above and below the animation. Enjoy!

How to Install:
- Download the zip below and put it on your sdcard
- Reboot into recovery
- choose 'install zip from sdcard' -> 'choose zip from sdcard'
- select 'zombieBoot-(wh/blk).zip'
- select 'yes'
- reboot :0)

Downloads:

White Background

Black Background

***nothing should get messed up, but as usual, I am not responsible for any damage***

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
FANTASTIC! You sir are now my hero. I really didn't expect anyone to pick this up. Kudos

Edit:
I may try to increase the resolution a bit. If I succeed I will upload for you.

Samsung Fascinate
Frankenclean 2.9
Peanutbutta Jelly Time
hitman_dreams' Erebos 1.3 port

Sent from XDA Premium App

Last edited:

hbc.ciccone

Dec 10, 2010
this looks promising

EDIT: resolution could be better i think. but i dont know how to do so i cant expect it to be done. and my phone boots up to fast to see the whole thing. cool otherwise

Sent from my SCH-I500 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Last edited:

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
this looks promising

EDIT: resolution could be better i think. but i dont know how to do so i cant expect it to be done. and my phone boots up to fast to see the whole thing. cool otherwise

Sent from my SCH-I500 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

I just raised the framerate to 30 fps and it makes it almost to the end. I'll throw the images in photoshop later today after work and see what I can get for resolution.

Samsung Fascinate
Frankenclean 2.9
Peanutbutta Jelly Time

hitman_dreams

Aug 31, 2009
MA
that's funny, my phone makes it through the whole thing and my lock screen pops up right as the last zombie is shot, wonder why it varies from phone to phone. I can try to raise the res, problem was the original size. I had to take the gif from the op to get all of the animation images, which was smaller than the images in the download. I'll see what I can do.

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
Woo Hoo! The race is on! :-D

As for the timing,i imagine it varies on different set ups. Mine ran little short as well.

Samsung Fascinate
Frankenclean 2.9
Peanutbutta Jelly Time

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
Not having a lot of luck with the existing images. It may be a while but I'm going to try redrawing the images and cropping them so we can get full screen and proper resolution.

Samsung Fascinate
Frankenclean 2.9
Peanutbutta Jelly Time

hitman_dreams

Aug 31, 2009
MA
Not having a lot of luck with the existing images. It may be a while but I'm going to try redrawing the images and cropping them so we can get full screen and proper resolution.

Samsung Fascinate
Frankenclean 2.9
Peanutbutta Jelly Time

Yeah, it's tough getting better resolution out of something that doesn't have good resolution to begin with. I thought about rotating the image to take up more screen, but that won't solve anything. Also thought about re drawing...300 images! eh, maybe after the semester is over. I'll keep watch here, if you get it working better, let me know. You can throw it up in a thread or I can replace the dl in this one, let me know when you're ready.

kr8r

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Heh heh this is pretty awesome, shame i get through like the 3rd zombie being gunned down before i'm booted. Thanks for it though!