4.06.605.3 update is hitting phones as we type!

Search This thread

jmartino5920

Feb 28, 2011
Bay Area
Okay. So I don't have the link to the PDF but you can get it from Verizon's website. Apparently this does not contain info stating that this update is Gingerbread, unlike 4.06.605.2. Weird. Devs and Mods: delete or move post if not in proper part of forum; no hard feelings.

EDIT: OTAs have begun. See www.phandroid.com

Sent from my Incredible Droid CM Nightly

Last edited:

ptgay49

Oct 28, 2010
Denver
pdf from Verizon's website

Please the attached pdf file.

NOTE: Edited post contains the original pdf file after I compacted the file using Adobe Acrobat to meet the size requirement of the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: bikercr

Quantumrabbit

Apr 8, 2011
LG G5
Essential Phone
While some of this... like "Successfully play audio files from a message." is awesome, I fail to see how some of this makes any sense.

"VZ Navigator™ now operates over Wi-Fi." Yup, wi-fi while driving down the highway, am I right?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
While some of this... like "Successfully play audio files from a message." is awesome, I fail to see how some of this makes any sense.

"VZ Navigator™ now operates over Wi-Fi." Yup, wi-fi while driving down the highway, am I right?

Actually here in my area they recently put free wifi access all along I-94. Works pretty good but signal gets kinda low in some spots, probably between antennas.

toddsts

Jul 1, 2008
Cary, NC
I posted in the thread in the General forum but I'll repost here, in case devs don't go there. :) I have the update and I haven't installed it yet. The phone says that it has been downloaded and verified. If I can get something off the phone in this state that can help the devs let me know. I'm thinking the phone downloaded a file that I could copy and post or something. I just don't know where to look for it. It says the update is 87.8M

Todd

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Darn it! I wish I knew where they downloaded the update too.

Try doing this from a terminal emulator window or adb:

Code:
find / -name *.zip

and see if you see a zip named PB31IMG.zip

Last edited:

jmartino5920

Feb 28, 2011
Bay Area
Thanks Todd. I appreciate you doing this. I didn't see your post in the general cause I rarely go there.

Sent from my Incredible Droid CM Nightly

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
Found this in the desire forum. Would this work for the incredible as well?

The OTA .zip files which are downloaded from a Google server are not signed the same way as the RUU "rom.zip" files - they use the app .apk manifest signing method. (manifests and certs a la "jarsigner").

If you are interested in looking at the process that HTC/Verizon uses for the OTA updates, you can get the URL for the OTA zip the following way:

Run logcat on the pc and accept the update on the phone

$ adb logcat > logcat_accept.txt

This will sit like this (it continues to log output into the output file) until the phone reboots. At that point, the adb logcat job will terminate, and the name of the zip file will be indicated in the logfile in a message similar to:

W/SystemUpdateHelper( 64): !!! REBOOTING TO INSTALL /cache/desirec-ota-104882.7b1e5cca.zip !!!

Then, take the name of the file and paste it on the end of android.clients.google.com/updates/partner

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
idk if this will work for us but it worked for a different HTC phone. i pulled it from the desire forum.

Edit:
looks like pwned3 found it first and its in his thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1246483

not trying to take his credit. thank him no me please.

If you are interested in looking at the process that HTC/Verizon uses for the OTA updates, you can get the URL for the OTA zip the following way:

Run logcat on the pc and accept the update on the phone

$ adb logcat > logcat_accept.txt

This will sit like this (it continues to log output into the output file) until the phone reboots. At that point, the adb logcat job will terminate, and the name of the zip file will be indicated in the logfile in a message similar to:

W/SystemUpdateHelper( 64): !!! REBOOTING TO INSTALL /cache/desirec-ota-104882.7b1e5cca.zip !!!

Then, take the name of the file and paste it on the end of android.clients.google.com/updates/partner

toddsts

Jul 1, 2008
Cary, NC
Guys,

Been trying to get ADB working but the package won't install. I have to head out or my wife will murder me. I won't update my phone until I try this out though. It might be tomorrow until I can get it done. Hopefully someone else will help out with the file. If they don't I will. Sorry for the delay but I gotta go.

Todd

jonesh

May 27, 2010
Pardon my ignorance, but what *is* this 6.3MB file? Obviously it's an OTA zip file, but it's quite small.. this lone file updates the stock 2.2 ROM to 2.3.4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32165623/e5..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

this is the update they just pushed if that's what you guys are looking for...i pulled it from my phone after it downloaded from the stock rom i had
    Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I made a zip of the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. I hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from a full nandroid

Here is a screen shot of the software information page.

20110903012301.png
    OK, here is the multiupload link:

http://www.multiupload.com/R9UY66N3J9

MD5: DCBA30A164327C4F6903ABF0222C5E9A (from HashTab v3.0.0)

Filename: 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

This is the OTA from my phone currently at:
    Build number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
    Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28

Copied from /cache on my phone after getting the OTA notification.

Thanks to the devs in advance. Hope this helps.

Todd
    pdf from Verizon's website

Please the attached pdf file.

NOTE: Edited post contains the original pdf file after I compacted the file using Adobe Acrobat to meet the size requirement of the forum.
    Does it show the new version number under system in settings?

BTW what changes were you expecting? This late in the game I would think this is a very minor update.

Ohhhhhh and also could you post or rehost the new .zip you made so I (or others) coudl try and flash it?

No it does not show the new version number and all files are still same size. I wasnt expecting major changes but i at least expected the build.prop to change. Here is my modified file if anyone wants to give it a try.

http://dinc.does-it.net/ota_605.2_TO_605.3.zip