Acase Superleggera for E4GT

Search This thread

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
I currently have the TPU Black Matte and it is quite a good case,... good fit, but not so much when it comes to protection. Has anyone seen either the Acase or an Aegis case for our phone about? Every time I do a search, I get fed non-Spint Galaxy SII Options or cases for the original slider Epic 4G. Any other options I should be looking at? Kinda given up on Otterbox after all the fitment complaints I've read about and my experience with the Evo 4G.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
The Aegis case has been out for a couple months now. I got it when it was first released and I still love it. I don't use it that much anymore because I prefer something slimmer, but when I'm on the job that's my go to case.

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.

Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

beseenwithgreen

Aug 11, 2010
Honolulu
Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

cool :) i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them :)

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
cool :) i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them :)

Yeah, I'm figuring about a week too. You know, the volume rocker design is the only I have with the TPU. I mean if you want slim and your mission is to protect beauty, there ain't a better case in my opinion. They fit like a glove, easy battery changes if needed, very easy on adding weight and girth, and won't scratch the E4GT from within. What more can you ask,... oh yeah, price! But I'm looking to protection more than just a pretty face when it comes to this phone. And I'm done with Otterbox. I mean they stand behind their products like a champ,... but what's the utility in getting a replacement case that's bringing to the table the same issues the original case brought. Oh well,... the deed is done. I'll be rocking Aegis in a couple days. And I'm happy,... I think! Plus I read somewhere that Otterbox has decided to not even touch the E4GT.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Can someone please tell me how car AUX cables fit? The wire is pretty thick and they do not fit on my tpu s line hybrid case

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
Can someone please tell me how car AUX cables fit? The wire is pretty thick and they do not fit on my tpu s line hybrid case

You mean your car hook up has a Mini USB jack that connect to your phone, and you wanna to know if the case's USB port opening is large enough so that it doesn't impede the connection between your car's cable and the phone's Mini USB port. Right?

geolemon

Dec 10, 2010
The TPU case may offer more protection than you are imagining...
(your imagination I hope is where this belief comes from - let us know if your TPU case has been put to the drop test and the results!)

The TPU material seems like one of the best compromises for impact protection - hard enough that it wouldn't just mush away from an impact, but soft enough that it could absorb impact shock without transferring it all directly to the phone.

On a hard impact, a slightly flexible material will deform and absorb the shock, protecting your phone from damage - like "crumple zones" on your car. Best the car deform and absorb the shock and save your life than be rigid, transfer the shock of impact to you and damage YOU.

In the case of a phone case, if I dropped my phone hard enough to damage my TPU case, I'd be glad the phone was OK and glad it only costs me $6 to replace my case.

Most of those tough-box cases make your phone huge and are just thicker and harder plastic that make the case more likely to survive a drop. Haven't EVER seen drop test results or comparisons, but there's no getting away from physics.

Bear in mind also, on a related note, this phone is very light, so on a drop there isn't as much momentum. There was a "drop test comparison" video on youtube of the Epic Touch 4G vs iPhone 4, and with no protection at all, numerous drops, the ET4G came away relatively undamaged.
Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6zlXBTREcE

If anything, check out this case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7PIjZbLY8
Note at the end when he takes the phone out of the case, it's a very similar material, if not also TPU, with thicker corners.

IMHO though, unless you are looking to have your phone survive a drop off a moving motorcycle or similar, you are probably fine with the TPU case.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
You mean your car hook up has a Mini USB jack that connect to your phone, and you wanna to know if the case's USB port opening is large enough so that it doesn't impede the connection between your car's cable and the phone's Mini USB port. Right?

No i mean the AUX cable. Like headphone cables you would insert in the headphone jack. Sorry should have been clearer. So just pretend it's a thick headphone wire. Will that fit?

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
You know what geolemon you're right. The TPU is a tuff case. Didn't mean to imply that it offers little to no protection. Far from it. I've dropped my phone once or twice getting in-n-out of the car, and no harm at all. The TPU just dusted off it's shoulders and kept on thumpin'. No sweat! But I think I need something just a little more robust, just in case I go beyond a 3 foot drop-n-roll with the phone. The big cases, like the Defender and the Kraken and also the new Kraken AMS, are a little overkill for me though. I guess the sweet spot for me is the Commuter/Aegis/Superlaggera range of cases. Would have snapped that one up in a heart beat if any were left at Amazon. Can't find them anywhere else either.

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
No i mean the AUX cable. Like headphone cables you would insert in the headphone jack. Sorry should have been clearer. So just pretend it's a thick headphone wire. Will that fit?

Ohhhh,... I understand what you mean now. Sorry. Based on seeing the Aegis on a Evo 3D, yeah,... on the Aegis case seems to have a very flexible 3.5 opening. Once you pull the protective plug up and out of the way, there's a good bit of room for a jack with a wide belt size I'd think. Well at least on the Evo 3D Aegis. They've also made it so jacks with a 90 degree angle fits in pretty easily too. No worries with the Otterbox,... since they've chosen not to make a case for this phone. The TPU looks like it would have little problem accommodating a variety of 3.5 jacks too! However, this thread is about the Acase Superleggera for the E4GT, which I haven't seen yet. For this phone, I only have full experience with the TPU and partial with the Aegis (my brother has a Evo 3D dressed in an Aegis). Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful.

Reactions: locoboi187

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Ohhhh,... I understand what you mean now. Sorry. Based on seeing the Aegis on a Evo 3D, yeah,... on the Aegis case seems to have a very flexible 3.5 opening. Once you pull the protective plug up and out of the way, there's a good bit of room for a jack with a wide belt size I'd think. Well at least on the Evo 3D Aegis. They've also made it so jacks with a 90 degree angle fits in pretty easily too. No worries with the Otterbox,... since they've chosen not to make a case for this phone. The TPU looks like it would have little problem accommodating a variety of 3.5 jacks too! However, this thread is about the Acase Superleggera for the E4GT, which I haven't seen yet. For this phone, I only have full experience with the TPU and partial with the Aegis (my brother has a Evo 3D dressed in an Aegis). Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful.

This was helpful. We just need an Aegis E4GT user to confirm. Thanks :)

ericpd

Aug 27, 2007
This was helpful. We just need an Aegis E4GT user to confirm. Thanks :)

Hold the phone there locoboi,... I'm not actually an Aegis E4GT user,... yet. My E4GT is still dressed in a TPU. I'm waiting on my Aegis to arrive from CyclopsCase.com as we speak. Tracking says Wednesday of this week. Now my brother has the Aegis on his Evo 3D, and my comments were based on my observations of his phone. Should be safe though, usually there's not a lot of change in case model features between phone to phone,... some, but not a lot. An Aegis is an Aegis in most cases.

dts00

Feb 13, 2010
I just picked up a "Case-Mate" from Amazon, it was only 18 dollars with shipping can't complain.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
Hold the phone there locoboi,... I'm not actually an Aegis E4GT user,... yet. My E4GT is still dressed in a TPU. I'm waiting on my Aegis to arrive from CyclopsCase.com as we speak. Tracking says Wednesday of this week. Now my brother has the Aegis on his Evo 3D, and my comments were based on my observations of his phone. Should be safe though, usually there's not a lot of change in case model features between phone to phone,... some, but not a lot. An Aegis is an Aegis in most cases.

No I'm saying that we need an Aegis Epic user to confirm haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.

No I'm saying that we need an Aegis Epic user to confirm haha

I am now a certified Aegis/E4GT user and can confirm that there's plenty room for unusual 3.5mm plus.

Came in a little over a week ago. Sweet case, nice fitment, they managed to get a lot of protection out of this thing without going thick on us. The buttons are as quick and responsive as a 911-RS. Camera is well protected, and the case doesn't slide around on hard surfaces like the Commuter did on the Evo 3D. The Otter had forgotten how to hold its breath under water. Better hurry up and remember!