[Q] I think I've bricked my phone, please help!

Search This thread

Phaydze

May 14, 2014
So, I got my new phone today, and immediately rooted it. This was the first time I'd ever done something like this to any phone, so I was really in the dark on the whole matter. I managed to root it successfully, and proceeded to install Cyanogen, which took ages to install, and I remembered that I'd forgotten to wipe the phone, so I restarted, went into recovery mode and ACCIDENTALLY WIPED ALL OF MY FILES with TWRP. Once I realised what I'd done, I panicked, restarting the phone, which landed me, stuck, on the 'WARNING, BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED' screen. I panicked again, and went to this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219
And tried to follow everything, but I didn't really understand what I was doing and was in a state of panic. I can go into details of what I did if needs be, but long story short, whenever I boot up my phone I get the bootloader unlocked screen and do not boot into the OS. I cannot also access the Recovery window, and it has the android mascot lying on its back with a red triangle.
All I want to do is fix my phone, if anyone could guide me through this, I'd be forever grateful.

tl;dr: F**ked up, possible bricked my phone and don't know what to do.

Many thanks for any response.

abhi0502

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
So, I got my new phone today, and immediately rooted it. This was the first time I'd ever done something like this to any phone, so I was really in the dark on the whole matter. I managed to root it successfully, and proceeded to install Cyanogen, which took ages to install, and I remembered that I'd forgotten to wipe the phone, so I restarted, went into recovery mode and ACCIDENTALLY WIPED ALL OF MY FILES with TWRP. Once I realised what I'd done, I panicked, restarting the phone, which landed me, stuck, on the 'WARNING, BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED' screen. I panicked again, and went to this thread:
And tried to follow everything, but I didn't really understand what I was doing and was in a state of panic. I can go into details of what I did if needs be, but long story short, whenever I boot up my phone I get the bootloader unlocked screen and do not boot into the OS. I cannot also access the Recovery window, and it has the android mascot lying on its back with a red triangle.
All I want to do is fix my phone, if anyone could guide me through this, I'd be forever grateful.
Recovery has been deleted by u accidentally
Go to bootlander (power + volume down) try to install TWRP recovery again through adb n install cm11 directly through adb sideload

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Since you managed to root, im assuming you have ADB and Fastboot on your PC?

Download a recovery.img file from XDA. I recommend this one ----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639583

Place the recovery.img file in the same file folder/location as your fastboot and ADB files.

Open a command window from the same location as the adb/fastboot/recover.img files.

In the command window type "fastboot device" and make sure some type of serial number shows up in the window.

Once you know your device is connected via fastboot, type: "fastboot flash recovery __________.img"

Where the ______.img is, you would put the name of the recovery.img file.

For example, the file that gets downloaded if you download philz touch (the link i gave you), is called "recovery.img"

So in fastboot you would type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Once thats been flashed, you should be able to boot into recovery, sideload a rom, and flash it to your device.

Good Luck!

m.yuro

May 6, 2014
Westfield

tl;dr: F**ked up, possible bricked my phone and don't kn.

go to this link for any response.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2744058