Airwatch Error after installing Xposed Framework Sony Z5Premium

Search This thread

vigneshnm

Apr 16, 2016
@Nibleheim @PeterRoweyn
Using Magisk and having systemless Xposed I am able to install and run AirWatch Agent

Sent from my SCH-R220
HI,

Could you please let me know what steps did you follow? I'm currently on CM13 on my Oppo Find7 with SuperSU, Xposed and RootClock installed. Since I'm on MM, I suppose this SuperSU is systemless SU as mentioned in https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

If I understand correctly, this is what I need to do:-

1. Uninstall RootCloak
2. Uninstall Xposed
3. Install Material design Xposed from https://xdaforums.com/xposed/material-design-xposed-installer-t3137758
4. Download and install Magisk Manager from the Playstore
5. Restart
6. Search and install Xposed within the Download section of Magisk Manager as mentioned under https://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-systemless-xposed-t3388268
7. Restart and optimize apps
8. Install RootCloak that I have already downloaded (the one I uninstalled in step 1)
9. If the interface of systemless Xposed is the same as the one I have, I assume I'd have to tick RootCloak to get it working
10. Install Airwatch Container and Airwatch Inbox and hopefully, see it work

I'll be honest, as I go deeper into the Android rabbit hole, the lesser I understand the effects of what I'm doing. So I do look forward to your guidance.

Thanks,
Vignesh

vigneshnm

Apr 16, 2016
The above steps work perfectly and I'm able to open the app and key in all details. However, it gives the earlier error of compromised device and doesn't enrol my device. I've raised an issue on the GitHub of rootcloak, let's see what response I get.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: Nibleheim

vigneshnm

Apr 16, 2016
Further research has caused me to believe that SuperSU may be the cause of Airwatch still detecting root. I've asked this on another forum but I'd appreciate if you could throw light on this matter as well - Magisk comes with its own SU. So does that mean I can simply uninstall the SuperSU app without losing root?

rnd0m

Aug 7, 2012
You can try installing 'unwatch' module in the Material Design Xposed Installer. If that doesn't work try uninstalling SuperSU first and repeating all the steps you carried out initially. Magisk gives you root - however if it detects a systemless superSU it uses that which is not recommended if you want to avoid detection. Also remember to check the 'Hide' option in Magisk settings. Read the first post on "official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445" for more details.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, sorry if I'm not in the right place - Let me know or move me, its fine by me. This is my first post here...

Backstory: Our company is trying to become more secure(They just blew 30k on Airwatch(MDM Software) and have a full time employee on the phone with him just about every day...) and I'm one of the lower guys on the IT Totem poll but I'm not really worried about them yelling at me for having root, and I can get my E-mails right now but I do know eventually they are going to bring it up and probably make me get rid of it. Xposed has a work around for this, but when I flash Xposed - The app crashes upon opening every time "Inbox" or "Airwatch" Has closed unexpectedly.

At first I thought it was the RomAur I installed because I went that route as it packaged Xposed and saved me a minute and I wanted to try it anyways - So I went back to stock with Root, Airwatch opened fine. So then I just tried to install Xposed and when I booted up it "optimized" all of my Apps, including Airwatch and Inbox(Which is Airwatch's Mail thingy) .

So, I undoubtedly believe its something in Xposed that's causing a corruption in Airwatch so I cannot even open it. I feel pretty good that if I could get it to run with Xposed that either Rootcloak or the Hidewatch Xposed mod's can fix it, but I can't get it to open to even test my theory.

As I said, I'm in IT and I've been flashing phones/rooting/etc for about 6 years but generally never posted because I didn't feel nearly as smart as everyone else here seems on the forums but I am capable and can give logs if you tell me how to - but now I have a problem and I believe with the increase of MDM software out here that I'm not the only one, or there is about to be a lot more like me that have this problem.

So.
    1.) Does anyone have an idea how to stop the optimization of an APP through upgrading to the Xposed installer?
    2.) An Idea to get Airwatch to a point that it can open?
    3.) Something totally ingenious I'm not capable of thinking of? I have good Googling skills but have found nothing.
    Hope some one will come up with a solution.
    @Nibleheim @PeterRoweyn
    Using Magisk and having systemless Xposed I am able to install and run AirWatch Agent

f34be5cd301a02e9d12c9e347da827fc.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R220
    The above steps work perfectly and I'm able to open the app and key in all details. However, it gives the earlier error of compromised device and doesn't enrol my device. I've raised an issue on the GitHub of rootcloak, let's see what response I get.

I appreciate you all doing the lord(satan)'s work. Thanks for your efforts!