[APP] RPG Friend - Dice Roller

Search This thread

starbuzz

Jul 12, 2007
Paris
After a few years as a member, I felt it was time to give back to the community. So here it is.
My first mobile application.
For now it is a simple dice roller for role playing games. It is avalaible in french and in english.
It should be compatible with all resolutions, but it was mainly designed for VGA and WVGA.

It was inspired by Pocket Dice Master. I plan to add some features in the near future, some of wich are:
- set a color for each number
- lock some dice before a reroll
- add shortcuts to dice profile
- add vibrations on roll
- add sound
- and more...

If you have other ideas or request, do not hesitate to submit them.

As you will see, I am not a graphic designer, so if anyone is interested in improving the eye candy, I would gladly appreciate the help.

And lastly, if someone wants to translate the soft in another language, PM me and I will send you the files.

Enjoy

Note: You will need .net CF 3.5

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:

Giblet-dono

Mar 24, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus Nord
WOW looks great!
Me and my friends are realy into D&D so this will be helpfull
I think a friend of mine will be glad to helpout with graphics, If you add me on msn:
post4gabe[at]hotmail*dot*com
Maybe we could talk about this..

Great Greet Giblet

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
It worked perfect on my Kaiser but I had some side effects!

Your application interfere with the font of another application I'm using: WMLongLife from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=478519.

Before installing the RPG Friend my WMLongLife went like this:

screenshot05m.png

after installing RPG Friend my WMLongLife looked like this:

screenshot04w.png

I tried reinstalling WMLongLife to see if returned to normal font but did not.

Then I tried to uninstall both and reinstall only WMLongLife but the font continued.

I just got back to normal after a hard reset and recover my files with a backup I had. The funny thing is it only happened with that software. I took a look at the whole system and no other font has changed!

Attachments

• Screenshot04.png
    Screenshot04.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot05.png
    Screenshot05.png
    34 KB · Views: 7

cburgers

Aug 13, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Same issue as bernabap

Have the same issue, actually. My Facebook app is in that font now. Lucky I don't use the FB app, so I won't have to hard reset.

Maybe there's a way to isolate the font itself?

I am using the HD2 on T-Mobile.

razorbud

Apr 8, 2007
liverpool
Can you add the ability to reroll over a certain dice value

And to be able to save different sceemes, i.e. only d6, with 6's rerolling?

devinc

Oct 16, 2008
Agoura Hills
home.earthlink.net
Yes I would love for this app to have the following:

1. Ability to roll multiple dice at once.

2. Shake to roll

3. Graphics actually showing the dice rolling and stopping on the numbers. There is a nice iphone app that does this.

devinc

Oct 16, 2008
Agoura Hills
home.earthlink.net
Font problem

Yes the font problem makes the program absolutely unusuable. It has to be fixed.

But you do not have to hard reset! Just go to your Windows folder into the Fonts folder and delete the dragon font. No reset necessary!

If you delete the font the dice roller won't work (you will get a Net cf 3.5 error).

Devin

cburgers

Aug 13, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Font problem

What an easy fix! Thanks, devinc!

I was really dreading a hard reset, but I kept finding more and more apps that were unreadable.

Last edited:

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
Every time I see a new post in this thread I pray to be the Starbuzz with the solution of the font problem!

I'm beginning to feel sad because Starbuzz made the first post in 2010 and registered in 2007, will he be another 3 years without posting anything? :(

Starbuzz, please try to get a little time for your RPG Friends! :)

Devinc, thanks for the tip!

almela

May 16, 2007
Font problem

I have got the same problem with font. A little square appears but not the correct font. Thank you so much for the solution. It's a good program!!

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
devinc, I just realized now that you've solved the font problem!!!

Inside my folder /Windows/Fonts in my phone I had only two fonts: "digital-7.ttf" and "Dragon Order.ttf". All I had to do was copy the "digital-7.ttf" and rename this copy to "Dragon Order.ttf" replacing the original one.

Now my apps continue with the default system font (digital-7.ttf) and RPG Friend works without any problem! The only difference was the logo at home screen.

screenshot23f.png

Now it's perfect! Even better than with that crazy font!

Thanks devinc without your tip we would not have solved the problem!

Attachments

• Screenshot23.png
    Screenshot23.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 4