[ROM][AOKP] Nightly (8-4-2012) +flash, camera

Search This thread

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
NON TYPICAL WARNING! :
This will NOT void your warranty - you did that when you accepted the risk and unlocked your BOOTLOADER ;)
I also take FULL responsibility if this ROM causes any issue with your device and will help in anyway to restore whatever damage I caused (note: this might include wipipng everything though so backup your /SDCARD somewhere b4 flashing to minimize risk). Just message me and we will get you backup.
(^ note this hasn't happened to anyone yet, just want you to know I won't leave you if something does go wrong)

AOKP Based (updated 8/4) V15: V15+Patch Includes AOKP updates, like Themes. added in some stuff from JR6 like camera and flash, chrome (doesn't seem to be working though, so reinstall from market). ^This update can be installed without a wipe (assumging you are coming from my ROM)! So backup update now!

Download both V15 and V15Patch, flash them both (no need to reboot, no need to wipe before flashing either). This updates to Motley's 177 kernel and fixes SU FINALLY!!!!

Working on adding in color for nav bar icons. And I will pull any AOKP changes

12%2B-%2B1
12%2B-%2B2
12%2B-%2B3

*GAPPS and motley's kernel baked in.
_motley's Kernel is great, I won't even try to build my own for the moment if his work keeps up.
Check it out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775798

At first: I built this based on source, took forever to get the kinks so it kind of built. Then pulled the rest from CM10 ports to make it finally boot.

hope to get the source working from scratch and have this as a full time rom BASED on AOKP and CM, with added features.
Thanx to AOKP and CM for all their hard work!!! without them we would have no where to start

source to come, please let me know what is broken so i can remove it and then fix it piece by piece.

ALSO, let me know what you want in this rom! like a tablet mode is a must, will be adding a switch for it also. what else you want?

Thanks also to:
AOKP for getting us to JB again, and to the toro community for their efforts earlier, which showed me we can finally start working on this!
Winner00 for the grouper files
CM for getting the us to where we are today
nocoast for getting me interested in doing this myself in his Google+ hangout one day

Last edited:

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
Changelog:
V15:
-Fixed Superuser
-Fixed Chrome
-Rebased on nightly + goodies

V14:Includes AOKP updates, like Themes.
-camera (Paulobrien)
-flash in browser (Paulobrien)
-chrome (doesn't seem to be working though, so reinstall from market). (Paulobrien)
-Rebased on nightly (biggest update was Themes)

V13:
- I am also trying out the launcher by SGT7 as I see they have worked on it and focus on tablet view a little, where AOKP was using Nova, and it doesn't work correctly with our DPI.
-Rebased on nightly

Last edited:

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
First! Wow, first time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: by the way, LOVE aokp, been waiting for this. Does it include all the customization that was on nexus? Nvm, I'll just flash and check it out. Thanks!

Last edited:

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
at the moment this is REALLY alpha, for AOKP itself. They haven't made a lot of stuff work in JB yet, so it's limited. The optimizations though should all be there from a ROM perspective, so should be smooth. Gotta work on Kernel optimizations and fixing (or removing) the toggles that aren't important. I removed a few and I noticed it now put the image to toggle relationship out of wack, so I am working on that. Might put the tablet mode on hold for a little while as there are a few options out there and I can't decide which way I want to go yet.

keda51

Aug 10, 2010
Awesome work! Thank you for this. Running smoothly from start, will report back.

Missing a few things from latest test build I noticed.

Nav bar options, volume wake, center clock.

Thanks again, looking forward to your progress!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

keda51

Aug 10, 2010
at the moment this is REALLY alpha, for AOKP itself. They haven't made a lot of stuff work in JB yet, so it's limited. The optimizations though should all be there from a ROM perspective, so should be smooth. Gotta work on Kernel optimizations and fixing (or removing) the toggles that aren't important. I removed a few and I noticed it now put the image to toggle relationship out of wack, so I am working on that. Might put the tablet mode on hold for a little while as there are a few options out there and I can't decide which way I want to go yet.

Also forgot to mention......GPS locked in seconds :cool:

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
ya I am now having to piece it all together to see why it's not pulling. I built this literally 7 hours ago so ALL of the commits should be there. Unfortunately the grouper pull from the tablet make files which haven't been touched yet, as they are all focusing on the Tuna to get it as close to what it was I assume for JB then, port it to everything else. So I am going to have to watch the commits for the phone side and integrate it to us, and then trouble shoot this crappy phablet UI which who KNOWs how many curve balls that will have. Might focus more on just making it tablet mode to help for the time being. We will see. I also have NEVER built a rom before, and can't seem to get the damn thing to work. The bootloader, ramdisk, etc. is all screwy at the end so this hurt me a little. Going to pull a full CM10 build I think also to compare and see how they are getting the grouper to work, even though their manifests look soooo similar. I'm missing something. back to work on these toggles

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Which gapps us everyone using? The only one I've got on my sd card right now is the one from teamEOS. Don't have WiFi right now so I can't download another one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
ok time to get a little shut eye then back to it, I was hoping to pull some stuff straight from the working toro build, but crashes everything. I am goign to go back to code in a few hours, compare differences in phone vs tablet, and then compare changes they pushed in ICS to help close this gap. Have a lot of free time this week so I'll get it all worked out.

Isn't my first time coding by any means. But it is my first time building on android. The repo for this is huge so took a while to wrap my head around.

Reactions: CAR1977

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
ok time to get a little shut eye then back to it, I was hoping to pull some stuff straight from the working toro build, but crashes everything. I am goign to go back to code in a few hours, compare differences in phone vs tablet, and then compare changes they pushed in ICS to help close this gap. Have a lot of free time this week so I'll get it all worked out.

Isn't my first time coding by any means. But it is my first time building on android. The repo for this is huge so took a while to wrap my head around.

Hey thanks man I've been waiting for aokp to make it this way!!!

I know its an early alpha but I must say ....this thing is stable ,smooth and a very good start bro.
So far you are doing a very good job and can't wait to see future progress on this ROM thanks !!!!

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
Which gapps us everyone using? The only one I've got on my sd card right now is the one from teamEOS. Don't have WiFi right now so I can't download another one.

That should be fine dude ,should work
I found a random link her somewhere I'll have to look where I got it but I assume as long as its jb gapps u should be fine

Reactions: pathtologos

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Booted up fine. Seems smooth. Looking forward to implementation of more tweaks. Really missing ability to change nav bar button colors and add menu key. Great potential here. Thanks for bringing this to us!

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Thanks!

By the way, Team Kang confirmed in their forums that they are going to build an official AOKP build for our precious! Looking forward to that as well!

nize2beme

May 29, 2008
back and working, navbar is top priority now. CM finished pulling while I caught some shut eye so that should help the bootloader issue I hope I was having (requiring me not to need to hack the final files together into a zip would be nice!) Will update on bootloader (then purge the toggle) soon. Then might look at tablet mode, wonder how nav bar will react in that..... hmmmmm time to boot the latest on my nexus to check real fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NON TYPICAL WARNING! :
    This will NOT void your warranty - you did that when you accepted the risk and unlocked your BOOTLOADER ;)
    I also take FULL responsibility if this ROM causes any issue with your device and will help in anyway to restore whatever damage I caused (note: this might include wipipng everything though so backup your /SDCARD somewhere b4 flashing to minimize risk). Just message me and we will get you backup.
    (^ note this hasn't happened to anyone yet, just want you to know I won't leave you if something does go wrong)

AOKP Based (updated 8/4) V15: V15+Patch Includes AOKP updates, like Themes. added in some stuff from JR6 like camera and flash, chrome (doesn't seem to be working though, so reinstall from market). ^This update can be installed without a wipe (assumging you are coming from my ROM)! So backup update now!

Download both V15 and V15Patch, flash them both (no need to reboot, no need to wipe before flashing either). This updates to Motley's 177 kernel and fixes SU FINALLY!!!!

Working on adding in color for nav bar icons. And I will pull any AOKP changes

12%2B-%2B1
    12%2B-%2B2
    12%2B-%2B3

*GAPPS and motley's kernel baked in.
    _motley's Kernel is great, I won't even try to build my own for the moment if his work keeps up.
    Check it out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775798

At first: I built this based on source, took forever to get the kinks so it kind of built. Then pulled the rest from CM10 ports to make it finally boot.

hope to get the source working from scratch and have this as a full time rom BASED on AOKP and CM, with added features.
    Thanx to AOKP and CM for all their hard work!!! without them we would have no where to start

source to come, please let me know what is broken so i can remove it and then fix it piece by piece.

ALSO, let me know what you want in this rom! like a tablet mode is a must, will be adding a switch for it also. what else you want?

Thanks also to:
    AOKP for getting us to JB again, and to the toro community for their efforts earlier, which showed me we can finally start working on this!
    Winner00 for the grouper files
    CM for getting the us to where we are today
    nocoast for getting me interested in doing this myself in his Google+ hangout one day
    Sorry the update for today isn't going to pushed out after all. The tablet mode broke everything. So I'm recoding it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't forgotten about you guys. I'm a crack flasher so don't worry if I'm quiet. I will however take you up on the testing. AOKP hadn't released any big updates since I last checked so I focused on streamlining and perhaps adding linaro to this over the last two days. I'm in the process of using an online builder which will allow me to cook and continue to build. My goal from here on out it to require no more wipes also. So if you stay on my ROM you won't need to wipe. I will also be creating a nightly push for testers to try and give feedback. At the moment I spend so much time testing that it is taking away from new features. Hope to have a more detailed post about this later today

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ok! since Winner00's help I have now built 4 more updated builds since. So i'm ready to finally release one, assuming it boots. It has gapps included. Working out a few more kinks based on AOKP's official build. getting this stable in the next few hours, then onto adding options, so lets here it. By tomorrow this thread will be an AOKP kang, all future addins will be done, you tell me what you want and from where. I will also be adding aroma installer tomorrow so all these options will be choose or pick when you flash. And then we will add in a backup script (no more need for titanium). now I know there is something like that built into JB, so i will look at it and compare since I haven't used it yet. Every day since JB has been released I have focused on building this machine for this:

running Backtrack (ubuntu 10.4) - y backtrack? b/c umm..... lets just say I use it at my place of work....
    Building on a VERTEX 2 ssd for speed :D, this took a while to get setup.
    and finally starting to understand github, repo, and android build. FUN stuff! (not)

I built a JB for toro the night SC was released, but Vicious' was better, so I didn't release. Helped get Vanirbean connectivity instead that night and turned my focus to grouper :D (and AOKP cuz that's the only way to roll).

Ok enough on my background. d-h.st just finished uploading!
    Changelog:
    V15:
    -Fixed Superuser
    -Fixed Chrome
    -Rebased on nightly + goodies

V14:Includes AOKP updates, like Themes.
    -camera (Paulobrien)
    -flash in browser (Paulobrien)
    -chrome (doesn't seem to be working though, so reinstall from market). (Paulobrien)
    -Rebased on nightly (biggest update was Themes)

V13:
    - I am also trying out the launcher by SGT7 as I see they have worked on it and focus on tablet view a little, where AOKP was using Nova, and it doesn't work correctly with our DPI.
    -Rebased on nightly