Hello there !

Search This thread

marianmmn

Feb 28, 2011
Hi guys.
I've just bought a new Samsung S2 I9105P 8GB with 4.1.2 installed on it and I want to put a new custom rom on it like 4.2.2. Could someone help me with this ? Which is the better for apps, gaming, battery life etc. Will I loose the guaranty of the phone ?
Please, there must be someone who could help me somehow :).

Thank you for your time !

Last edited:

Banutu

Oct 18, 2013
Hello there and welcome, I recently joined as well and it's fun around here, I found out about cool apps I didn't even had idea and more importantly the roms available.

First things first I would recommend you to document yourself a bit about rooting, flashing to have a better idea of how this works, it's not complicated at all.

Here try this link, the one that helped me get started:

http://techbeasts.com/2013/10/21/ho...-plus-gt-i9105-i9105p-on-android-4-2-2-guide/

Reactions: marianmmn

marianmmn

Feb 28, 2011
The link it's not working :p ...
I just want to know if I will loose my guaranty of the phone if I will flash it.
I would like to upgrade it just if only it's better... and I need a step-by-step mode to flash it :D

Banutu

Oct 18, 2013
I just want to know if I will loose my guaranty of the phone if I will flash it.
I would like to upgrade it just if only it's better... and I need a step-by-step mode to flash it :D

it voids guaranty, but you can can return to normal by flashing the stock version.

These screenshots should help you, I followed the exact same guide. View attachment 2691828

View attachment 2691829

View attachment 2691830

View attachment 2691831

I recommend you Odin 3.07, and if you want to install cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2 by cooldevelopment you don't need to follow the root steps because this room comes pre-rooted, the steps of installing the rom are the same as in the screenshots showing how to root, but you must wipe factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik from advanced.

Reactions: adisan2002

Cooetzee

Jan 9, 2009
Brasov

Of course ur warranty will be lost if u use other version of software but not the official one. And of course u can downgrade to the offcial software for ur warranty to get back :p. U can get official versions from here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9105P and use Odin to flash them, just pay attention to the country CSC.
If u want to install CM11 or other unofficial versions i recomend u to NOT do that....Not yet...There are some bugs to solve. I flashed them almost all and i'm back to official :p.
And if u still want to flash unofficial, please PAY ATTENTION AND FOLLOW STEPS CARREFULLY and do some research first...a lot of Youtube chanels that teach u how.

Goodluck and nice choice over the phone. I wouldnt trade mine for anything :p

Reactions: adisan2002

marianmmn

Feb 28, 2011
Of course ur warranty will be lost if u use other version of software but not the official one. And of course u can downgrade to the offcial software for ur warranty to get back :p. U can get official versions from here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9105P and use Odin to flash them, just pay attention to the country CSC.
If u want to install CM11 or other unofficial versions i recomend u to NOT do that....Not yet...There are some bugs to solve. I flashed them almost all and i'm back to official :p.
And if u still want to flash unofficial, please PAY ATTENTION AND FOLLOW STEPS CARREFULLY and do some research first...a lot of Youtube chanels that teach u how.

So you say that I better stay on 4.1.2 stock ? Or 4.2 / 4.3 official ?

Cooetzee

Jan 9, 2009
Brasov
There is no 4.3 official, stock 4.2.2 is good and custom cm11 is nice ROM.
Choice is your's

Yes ...there is no 4.3 or above for S2 plus...and i guess ur CSC is from Romania...upgrade ur phone to the last 4.2 firmware and u will have good battery life also. Upgrade ur phone from menu and not using Odin with custom firmware.

marianmmn

Feb 28, 2011
Yes ...there is no 4.3 or above for S2 plus...and i guess ur CSC is from Romania...upgrade ur phone to the last 4.2 firmware and u will have good battery life also. Upgrade ur phone from menu and not using Odin with custom firmware.

Not working by updating it from options menu...

p.s. nu merge de loc din meniu.. cum sa fac update mai usor la 4.2.2 stock ?

s2ss

Jan 28, 2014
Cel mai simplu, dai jos firmware de pe samfirmware si pui cu ODIN. Intrebarea mea e: daca am 4.2.2 si flashuiesc cu ODIN tot 4.2.2, o sa inceapa sa apara erori in aplicatiile instalate?

Cooetzee

Jan 9, 2009
Brasov
Not working by updating it from options menu...

p.s. nu merge de loc din meniu.. cum sa fac update mai usor la 4.2.2 stock ?

Ok...first of all we may be romanian nation here but this is a english forum.
Can u pls tell me what msg it shows when u try to update from menu? I must say that u have to be on wifi. If u dont manage to upgrade from menu, download ur country CSC from sammobile and use Odin to install it. On youtube u have plenty of "how to"

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Ok...first of all we may be romanian nation here but this is a english forum.
Can u pls tell me what msg it shows when u try to update from menu? I must say that u have to be on wifi. If u dont manage to upgrade from menu, download ur country CSC from sammobile and use Odin to install it. On youtube u have plenty of "how to"

Maybe he rooted it than ota isn't possible

Sent from my GT-I9105P using xda app-developers app

s2ss

Jan 28, 2014
What I was asking is: does updating with ODIN messes up the apps? I have 4.2.2 but i'd like to flash the update without having to wipe my device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One of the best choices would be Cyanogenmod 11 (android 4.4.2). You might want to check it out here.
    Hello there and welcome, I recently joined as well and it's fun around here, I found out about cool apps I didn't even had idea and more importantly the roms available.

First things first I would recommend you to document yourself a bit about rooting, flashing to have a better idea of how this works, it's not complicated at all.

Here try this link, the one that helped me get started:

http://techbeasts.com/2013/10/21/ho...-plus-gt-i9105-i9105p-on-android-4-2-2-guide/

it voids guaranty, but you can can return to normal by flashing the stock version.

These screenshots should help you, I followed the exact same guide. View attachment 2691828

View attachment 2691829

View attachment 2691830

View attachment 2691831

I recommend you Odin 3.07, and if you want to install cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2 by cooldevelopment you don't need to follow the root steps because this room comes pre-rooted, the steps of installing the rom are the same as in the screenshots showing how to root, but you must wipe factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik from advanced.

So you say that I better stay on 4.1.2 stock ? Or 4.2 / 4.3 official ?
    There is no 4.3 official, stock 4.2.2 is good and custom cm11 is nice ROM.
    Choice is your's