[Q] Install new Firmware (Same Android version Kitkat)

Search This thread

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
[Please help me to move it to the correct Forum, Thanks!]

Hi.

I have this:

Model: NOTE 3 SM-N900W8
Android: 4.4.2
Base: N900W8UBUCNA2
KNOX: 0x0

And I want to update to this:

Base: N900W8UBUCNC1

I already downloaded the Firmware from SamMobile:

Model: SM-N900W8
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 922105
Build date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 06:14:01 +0000
Product Code: TCE
PDA: N900W8UBUCNC1
CSC: N900W8TCECNC3
MODEM: N900W8UBUCNC3

And the only thing i need is to know how to Install this Firmware. I have some bugs with my actual Firmware:

1. The adjustment of brightness (i just can set in automatic or a specific brightness, but can't adjust the automatic level, more or less brightness).
2. Limit of data usage, I can't set a limit, is stuck in 100 GB WTF!

Will I lose "Root"?

And that's all folks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-41-37_1_.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-41-37_1_.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-41-53_1_.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-41-53_1_.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 59

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

Hi.

I have this:

And the only thing i need is to know how to Install this Firmware. I have some bugs with my actual Firmware:

1. The adjustment of brightness (i just can set in automatic or a specific brightness, but can't adjust the automatic level, more or less brightness).

Will I lose "Root"?

And that's all folks!

No if you flash the stock rom with Mobile Odin (Pro) and you will keep root. Enable inject: Everroot, superUser and Mobile Odin and flash the firmware (need to flash custom recovery though). Yes if you flash with PC Odin, then flash recovery and reroot afterwards

Reactions: oabareload

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
Thanks!

Just flash the stock rom with Mobile Odin (Pro) and you will keep root. Enable inject: Everroot, superUser and Mobile Odin and flash the firmware (need to flash custom recovery though). Or with PC Odin and flash recovery and reroot afterwards

I got TWRP installed, can I do it with it? If yes, how?

I don't have Mobile Odin (Pro) but, can i use PC Odin and flash the new firmware? I suppose that later I will have to install SuperSU with TWRP or with PC ODIN.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

I don't have Mobile Odin (Pro) but, can i use PC Odin and flash the new firmware? I suppose that later I will have to install SuperSU with TWRP or with PC ODIN.

You can only flash .zip files with TWRP or CWM, tar/md5 files have to be flashed with (Mobile) Odin. I would strongly recommend using Mobile Odin, its a valuable app for Samsung phones that will benefit you for a long time. There are multiple tutorials on YouTube for how to use Odin and Mobile Odin.

Last edited:
Reactions: oabareload

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
Yeah!

You can only flash .zip files with TWRP or CWM, tar/md5 files have to be flashed with (Mobile) Odin. I would strongly recommend using Mobile Odin, its a valuable app for Samsung phones that will benefit you for a long time. There are multiple tutorials on YouTube for how to use Odin and Mobile Odin.

Ok. I will consider your recommendation. But in the meanwhile I share you the file I got. Is this useful with TWRP, PC ODIN or only MOBILE ODIN?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Ok. I will consider your recommendation. But in the meanwhile I share you the file I got. Is this useful with TWRP, PC ODIN or only MOBILE ODIN?

1. Open PC Odin
2. Flash the rom with PC Odin and reboot
3. Place superSU.zip on the sdcard.
4. Go into download mode and flash the .tar file custom recovery with Odin PC but uncheck autoreboot
5. After the flash pull the battery and reinsert after 10 seconds and press volume up + menu + power and you`ll get into TWRP and flash the superSU.zip and you`re rooted and reboot.
Done!

Reactions: antique_sonic

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
Really thank you! I appreciate your help.

1. Open Odin
4. Go into download mode and flash the .tar file custom recovery with Odin PC but uncheck autoreboot
5. After the flash pull the battery and reinsert after 10 seconds and press volume up + menu + power and you`ll get into TWRP and flash the superSU.zip and you`re rooted and reboot.
Done!

Hi,

I found this LITE version, I will give a try:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi,

When I opened Mobile ODIN lite, appeared this message:

IMPORTANT

Using Mobile ODIN on this device will void your warranty, as the KNOX counter will be triggered. This is not reversible...

Thats right oeps (thought you had a N900), for the N900W8 follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522858. This will not trip KNOX unless you flash a custom recovery later. So it doesn`t matter how you root, if you flash a custom recovery your warranty is gone anyway.

Last edited:

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
What you think about it?

Thats right oeps (thought you had a N900), for the N900W8 follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522858. This will not trip KNOX unless you flash a custom recovery later. So it doesn`t matter how you root, if you flash a custom recovery your warranty is gone anyway.

But I already have TWRP installed. :p

I did it with this:

MODEL: NOTE 3 SM-N900W8 TELCEL MÉXICO
ANDROID: 4.4.2 :good:
TWRP: openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-hltetmo-4.4.img.tar
ODIN: Odin3-v1.85

What you think about it?

oabareload

Apr 1, 2014
MEXICO, D.F.
But thats not the problema I have.

Well then just flash superSU.zip with TWRP and you`re rooted.

I am also rooted, I just want to install new firmware with out trim my KNOX warranty, and I also have KitKat but the firmware I got is a custom one, and it has some issues. :eek:

I have this:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I am sorry but then I can't help you any further. Better wait for anyone else who can help you better then me. Good luck mate :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi.

I have this:

Will I lose "Root"?

And that's all folks!

No if you flash the stock rom with Mobile Odin (Pro) and you will keep root. Enable inject: Everroot, superUser and Mobile Odin and flash the firmware (need to flash custom recovery though). Yes if you flash with PC Odin, then flash recovery and reroot afterwards

1. Open PC Odin
    Done!
    Hi,

I found this LITE version, I will give a try:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

You`re welcome :)
    Hi,

When I opened Mobile ODIN lite, appeared this message:

IMPORTANT

Using Mobile ODIN on this device will void your warranty, as the KNOX counter will be triggered. This is not reversible...