[Q] Rooted but can't flash recovery

Search This thread

nakomi

Aug 26, 2014
Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi

Odin is very very very usefull. So maybe install virtualbox with windows in it? It will help you 100%

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
I tried to get it working with virtualbox, but no matter what I tried (installing drivers, messing about with USB passthrough) I could never get odin to recognise my phone :(

But when you normal start your phone and connect it to your Mac, than virtualbox shows the Galaxy S4 and recognize it in kies?

LironImaN

Aug 23, 2014
Use Odin from another computer, like friend's computer.

Last edited:

nakomi

Aug 26, 2014
Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?

Uncheck Auto Reboot. should work fine