[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

homen3

Jun 9, 2009
Brescia
I installed cm7 but it seems to be stuck in the bootlogo.. what should i do??

Well... i dont know how to solde the issue with cm7.. but with cm6 it work pretty good!!... multitouch and extreme overclocking is good enough!..

EDIT2: Well.. Cm6 has a problem with facebook app... When you do someting the app just crashes and doesnt respond...
edit3: To solve the problem with facebook app just install the update from the market, and ta daa!

Try to wipe from recovery (dalvik+cache)

Sent from my IDEOS using XDA Premium App

Reactions: facuxt

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Ok a couple of updates

I can confirm the YouTube problem and will get in touch with Marc to see if we can fix it.

Also this rom is for the u8150 only. I really can't help you if you have any other type of phone because I won't know it's characteristics and the libraries needed for wifi

cal2011

Apr 2, 2011
sunshine coast QLD
Tilal ,

Good work on cm7 , i had a couple issues,i read ealier in thread marc was playing angry birds , it loads up on my phone then freezes at the gameplay and i have to reboot,

Also i get no 3g or 2g icon in status bar and when i pulled the sim card out and booted the phone, the status bar still says i have full phone reception with no sim card in phone, also shootme app wouldnt take pics

Then ive tried cyanoman v2 and it freezes at bootanimation, ive tried it twice using rom manager both times (i had to install another rom just to use rom manager again to flash ideos recovery) and data/factory reset , deleting davlik cache, i dont know why it wont boot for me, could it be the overclock?

acsher

Nov 14, 2010
Tilal ,

Good work on cm7 , i had a couple issues,i read ealier in thread marc was playing angry birds , it loads up on my phone then freezes at the gameplay and i have to reboot,

Also i get no 3g or 2g icon in status bar and when i pulled the sim card out and booted the phone, the status bar still says i have full phone reception with no sim card in phone, also shootme app wouldnt take pics

Then ive tried cyanoman v2 and it freezes at bootanimation, ive tried it twice using rom manager both times (i had to install another rom just to use rom manager again to flash ideos recovery) and data/factory reset , deleting davlik cache, i dont know why it wont boot for me, could it be the overclock?

Did you try youtube on cm 7?, it is giving me blank white screens with audio for some odd reason.

Sent from my Huawei Ideos using XDA App

acsher

Nov 14, 2010
Ok a couple of updates

I can confirm the YouTube problem and will get in touch with Marc to see if we can fix it.

Also this rom is for the u8150 only. I really can't help you if you have any other type of phone because I won't know it's characteristics and the libraries needed for wifi
Thanx very much bro, looking forward to your solution.

Sent from my Huawei Ideos using XDA App

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
Can you plz make Gingerman work with ultrajack recovery. I tried the whole day yesterday, first i had lots of problem installing clockworkmod, then when I was finally able to install it, clockworkmod is not partition my card to ext and not reading/backing it up, so the rom is pretty useless to me with out ext and apps2sd support.

So can you plz release it with Ultrajack support?

Thanks.

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
You could reflash ultrajack once you flash the rom. I have the same issue and I just reflash clockworkmod by udk. I'm able 2 use link2sd as well as backup and restore the rom with no issues. Don't know if that will work with ultrajack but it definitely works with cwm by udk. Its a longer process but you could try that while you wait for support for ultrajack is added.

f1ng3r

Feb 18, 2011
You can use Ultrajack 6.2.2 if you cancel the first line of the updater-script.
This line:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "ideos" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ideos" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "ideos");

At least this method is used on the version of Cyanogen 6.1.1 mod.Morfes. I flash it many times and it works with Ultrajack.

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
This line:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "ideos" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ideos" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "ideos");

At least this method is used on the version of Cyanogen 6.1.1 mod.Morfes. I flash it many times and it works with Ultrajack.
I have no idea how to do that. Can you plz upload a modified version?

Thanx

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
This line:

Thanks for the tip. That's much easier than switching recoveries.

cal2011

Apr 2, 2011
sunshine coast QLD
Hm.. i dont understand what you tried to say..

What is wipe??.. I should format something? :confused:
Thx in advance

in clockworkmod recovery go to advanced, then wipe davlik cache, i dont need to do this to boot cm7 but it might help you, my problem is getting cyanoman v2 to boot :) ive tried it with cyanoman v2 before and after flash and it didnt help, it locks up in bootanimation after fuzzy blue squares, then the bee , it usually locks up in the fuzzy blue squares and i dont get to the bee

Last edited:
Reactions: facuxt

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Tilal ,

Same here..in cynoman v2 got stuck at bootanimation screen...i think it could be the overclock...whats the max frequency set???

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Just to clear up a few things:

The issue with CM6 not booting - veer is probably right - the issue will be with the overclock. Will be fixed.

YouTube videos in CM7 - Yes this is an issue and the cause of the problem has not been found

CM7 unable to flash - will release a UltraJack capable version

CM7 Angry Birds - Haven't tried but have contacted marc about it - yet to get a response.

There are NO ETAs as to when the fixed versions of CM6 and CM7 will be released. I am extremely busy ATM and make no guarantees as to the release date.

Thanks for sticking by me :)

Reactions: cal2011

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just to clear up a few things:

The issue with CM6 not booting - veer is probably right - the issue will be with the overclock. Will be fixed.

YouTube videos in CM7 - Yes this is an issue and the cause of the problem has not been found

CM7 unable to flash - will release a UltraJack capable version

CM7 Angry Birds - Haven't tried but have contacted marc about it - yet to get a response.

There are NO ETAs as to when the fixed versions of CM6 and CM7 will be released. I am extremely busy ATM and make no guarantees as to the release date.

Thanks for sticking by me :)
No problem bro:) as far as i knw and observed some cpu cant cross 710mhz(including mine.it does run at 710) for sometime and crashes with heavy load.. and the fact cpu uses the highest frequency for few seconds when booting up...so 691mhz is the most stable max frequency for any ideos.

acsher

Nov 14, 2010
Well I also installed cm6 v 2 and while the system did halt for 3 to 4 seconds at bootamiantion screen...I got past it after that.

Btw is the multi-touch working perfectly all right in browser, gallary, home screen etc or does it have it's limitation?

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Well I also installed cm6 v 2 and while the system did halt for 3 to 4 seconds at bootamiantion screen...I got past it after that.

Btw is the multi-touch working perfectly all right in browser, gallary, home screen etc or does it have it's limitation?

Limitations in browser and gallery but can download apps to remedy that

Reactions: acsher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!