Xiaomi MI tv 4, 4a, 4c, 4s, 4 pro, 4a pro,.....

Search This thread

recon_v

Sep 6, 2018
A common place to discuss and share for MI Tv.
Please share your comments regarding your MI tv.
And anyone succeeded in rooting or porting of custom rom or recovery?
Root can be done ( following a Russian site).

Damn this ,theres no option to create wifi hotspot , and you need third wifi for google cast

karige

Apr 15, 2016
A very useful tool which shows all the required information for identifying the correct firmware in case of something went wrong with the OS. So, keep in mind to place the screenshot of it somewhere safe. The app shows the detail of your display panel id, rom version, platform id...... All this is data is required before flashing a new rom as MiTv has so many many variant like MiTv 4a 49" has more than 4 variant, like wise for MiTv 4 55". So, on every model has some different variance, all because of having different display panels and for other reasons. Some display panel will be from LG or Samsung and two other brand from Chinese manufacturer.

Attachments

• miinfo.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,766

karige

Apr 15, 2016
If someone could share the rom and recovery dump file from the Mi Pro android 8.1 series, it will be a great help for the other previous Mi Tv users in porting the rom. Or at least share what you find for MiTv like rooting, custom recovery or anything for others.
Btw i found a way to root MiTv but its a long process and it needs UART device. And also to block the adds by using adb without root.
Again, so many MiTv owner pass by looking for some development for our Tv but find nothing mainly because no one is interested in so little interacted thread and not able to start any developments (at least in my view). Start sharing your experience, may be starting with your best optimal display setting.

Last edited:

mdvirgo92

Jan 10, 2016
Mumbai
Honestly I do have 43 inch 4A model. But the only concern here is do we need custom rom for this TV? I mean we already have one of the best stock firmware. Also, there is a way to sideload app from usb and once you install aptoide store then you can directly download apps from it. I have good amount of apps installed for me but few of them need mouse like Netflix and Amazon prime. Some of them need google play services so they do get installed but when you try go ahead they ask for play services. Also, regarding the UART port, opening the back panel will surely void the warranty, are people willing to go ahead with that?
I'm fond of mods and custom roms but here it is bit complicated as a TV is not a personal device which is used by only one person like a smartphone. I heard we will get the oreo update soon does any1 knows when it's scheduled?

Reactions: Atharkhan101

TechNcracked

Dec 29, 2018
Honestly I do have 43 inch 4A model. But the only concern here is do we need custom rom for this TV? I mean we already have one of the best stock firmware. Also, there is a way to sideload app from usb and once you install aptoide store then you can directly download apps from it. I have good amount of apps installed for me but few of them need mouse like Netflix and Amazon prime. Some of them need google play services so they do get installed but when you try go ahead they ask for play services. Also, regarding the UART port, opening the back panel will surely void the warranty, are people willing to go ahead with that?
I'm fond of mods and custom roms but here it is bit complicated as a TV is not a personal device which is used by only one person like a smartphone. I heard we will get the oreo update soon does any1 knows when it's scheduled?
Dear Friend,
I'm not concerned about custom ROMS here. But I want to enhance possible supported features in product not given by Mi.
I have Mitv 4a, and it doesn't support bluetooth speaker, while there is bluetooth in hardware. So by rooting and patching some firmware to make it working is my concern.

Another thing is, As phoneix rom and older Remix os were having support to replicate touch with Keyboard and mouse. If one can mimic that feature in patch ui firmaware than our MiTV will be more amazing:fingers-crossed:
I used to do same with Octopus app but its annoying for many apps.

Most important feature for me is supporting external sd card as internal storage. Which would not be possible without rooting MiTV.

What do you and others say about these?

mdvirgo92

Jan 10, 2016
Mumbai
I understand that you want to make optimum use of the hardware and explore all the possibilities. I personally feel it's a step we must take provided we have the source code and stock firmware readily available. Also, I have bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combo from Flipkart and it works like a charm. Regarding external hard drive support as internal, I feel the current version of android on MI TV 4A doesn't supports it natively. We should wait for the Oreo update and then should work towards it. Though my wife will kill me for messing up with the TV, I'm all in brother. It's just if anything goes wrong we should be able to put our **** together again ;)

TechNcracked

Dec 29, 2018
I understand that you want to make optimum use of the hardware and explore all the possibilities. I personally feel it's a step we must take provided we have the source code and stock firmware readily available. Also, I have bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combo from Flipkart and it works like a charm. Regarding external hard drive support as internal, I feel the current version of android on MI TV 4A doesn't supports it natively. We should wait for the Oreo update and then should work towards it. Though my wife will kill me for messing up with the TV, I'm all in brother. It's just if anything goes wrong we should be able to put our **** together again ;)
Yes, we are in wait and watch situation. :angel:

linkinlt

Aug 7, 2012
All i need is google service to use voice search. I saw some methods but they did it for inbox and TV3 series. Havent for TV4 series. Just wait and wait ?. Talk to a developer who did for tv3s (root, install google services, voice search...) but he hasnt get TV4 device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone tried It in mssp3 55" ( mi TV 4s 55")
    I did, and it worked like charm, I explained it better in a post
    A common place to discuss and share for MI Tv.
    Please share your comments regarding your MI tv.
    And anyone succeeded in rooting or porting of custom rom or recovery?
    Root can be done ( following a Russian site).
    Hi there!
    Is there a possibility to change the default launcher or at least exchange one of the two launchers (Patchwall / Android TV) with a different one?

I would like to use the ATV Launcher as my default launcher. But after installing I was not asked if this should be my default launcher, neither could I find any setting for changing this.

So I decoded the ATVLauncher APK, changed the manifest XML to a higher priority, signed the APK and installed the newly created one. All this didn't work, still I had the "Patchwall" on the Mi button and the Android Launcher on the Home button.

Is there any possibility to change the default launcher or to re-map the Mi/Home button to a different app/launcher?

Edit: I managed to do it, I removed via adb this packages and now just the ATV Launcher is there (keep in mind before removing this packages to install a third party launcher):

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.mitv.tvhome.atv
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.tvlauncher
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.leanbacklauncher
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.leanbacklauncher.recommendations

It fits 55" to, if someone will try use it o 55" please send me reply and describe how it goes :)
    If someone could share the rom and recovery dump file from the Mi Pro android 8.1 series, it will be a great help for the other previous Mi Tv users in porting the rom. Or at least share what you find for MiTv like rooting, custom recovery or anything for others.
    Btw i found a way to root MiTv but its a long process and it needs UART device. And also to block the adds by using adb without root.
    Again, so many MiTv owner pass by looking for some development for our Tv but find nothing mainly because no one is interested in so little interacted thread and not able to start any developments (at least in my view). Start sharing your experience, may be starting with your best optimal display setting.
    How to flash??

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-stock-firmware-for-xiaomi-mi-tv-4a-32-l32m5-az.html
    Is this process work?
    Flashing method in same link but it Chinese version we need indian version to run playstore, Amazon prime