Bluetooth + WIFI Problems (a pair made in hell?!)

Search This thread

monkeydog

Dec 21, 2009
Also getting this problem. On my home network without BT turned on I get ~21mbps down speed through speedtest. Once I turn BT on I can only achieve 8-10mbps...

Steven_nl

Mar 27, 2009
The Hague
solution?

hi guys. I had issues with bluetooth and wifi as well. My tf1 had problems playing hd youtube videos with my bluetooth boombox. It seems its a lot better when i switched of the firewall in my router/modem
Hope this helps

superkev

Dec 13, 2008
Hamilton
I've got the same problem. I've tested with two different Bluetooth audio devices (Plantronics stereo headset and Sony SRS-BTM30 speaker). I've also tried two different WiFi routers (Asus WL520G and Asus WL500G.premium).

I've tried changing WiFi channels as well. The problem persists even if I'm sitting right beside the WiFi router, but is worse if I move even a small distance away. My Internet connection is cable modem at 32Mbps/2Mbps.

Following a suggestion from another thread, I tried switching my routers to mixed mode B/G setting. This seems to make the problem slightly better, but doesn't fix it entirely.

The build number of my firmware is IML74K.WW_epad-9.4.2.15-20120221

Speedtest.net tests connected to WiFi

Bluetooth paired, not streaming: 10366kbps/2090kbps
Bluetooth paired and streaming local music content: 1747kbps/863kbps

Last edited:

superkev

Dec 13, 2008
Hamilton
I figured I would solve my problems by throwing more money at them. I spent $100 on a 5GHz WiFi access point. To my dismay, after setting it up, I discovered that the Prime doesn't support the 5GHz band! I didn't even think that was possible on a device that was made after 2010.

That being said, performance on 802.11n is much better than my old g routers. It doesn't stall on Netflix anymore with Bluetooth audio enabled.

I would recommend to anyone else that they spend $30 on a 2.4GHz 802.11n router or AP to help them with their WiFi/Bluetooth issues.

UPDATE:
I spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this, Netflix started buffering like crazy. This Transformer is anything but Prime!

Last edited:

deadman57

Jun 14, 2012
Verbatim Bluetooth

Hi I've got a Verbatim Bluetooth Mouse & I want to know what numbers I need to put in the place to get it to work please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Day from ASUS.

We are investigating the WiFi/BT problems now and hopefully will be able to quickly replicate the reported problems so we can determine a fix. I am working directly with a couple of users now and have corrected one issue by changing their router setup but I am waiting on specific BT devices to assist the other user.

I would like to PM additional members so we can get specific setups including BT devices, routers, user setups and general answers on when the problem manifests itself. If you are willing to provide this information, please PM me so we can further discuss your problem.
    1/7/2012 Update -
    1. Thanks to everyone who provided their setups and problem information. It is greatly assisting us in replicating these problems and working on a fix.
    2. I will be CES 2012 from 1/8 through 1/13 so answers will be delayed to private messages. I will continue to fast track problems to R&D during the show and provide updates to problems as they become available although the timing might be delayed.
    I did my due diligence and my searches have come up with no threads that covered this yet.

Here is the screenshot for what I am referring to.
    PX0be.png

...and here is the story.

I noticed that while streaming data/audio over bluetooth the wifi performance (the already pitiful performance) drops to essentially nothing and often times out.
    IE: I first noticed something was wrong and the wheels began turning when I had been watching Netflix and decided to pair with my Bluetooth speaker so I didn't have to keep cupping the side of the tablet for decent audio. Netflix timed out every time I paired.

While testing this I didn't notice any difference with Bluetooth "on" but only while it was transmitting something. For the purpose of my speed tests I was playing white noise over a Bluetooth speaker from an app in the background.

I know slim to nil about the real nitty gritty of hardware in tablets but I can only suspect that they share the antennae or in the worst case I have a lemon and need to RMA.

Has anyone else noticed this?

:cool:
    also obligatory:
    "wifi sucks" "SD/Internal Memory writes are absurdly slow" "stock browser is bad, use opera"

Edit: post title clarified and pun-ified
    The Prime is 2.4GHz only. The chip's dual-band but they deactivated 5GHz.

misc-jackie-chan.png
    You guys are neglecting the simple fact that this is a unique issue. Yes bluetooth and wifi operate in similar spectrums, and dirty airwaves cause issues of quality. But we aren't talking about quality, we are talking about a 100% failure to co-exist on the same device. For the record I tried each and every channel available to Wifi Tether and the bluetooth still trashed the connection within minutes.

This DOES NOT HAPPEN ON THE ORIGINAL TRANSFORMER. It doesn't happen of any of the iOS/Android devices I have ever owned. This is very much a reason to return the tablet and if I don't see progress on this issue I will be returning it.