Building a rom

Search This thread

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So I am still trying to build my own rom. I have been unsuccessful to date.. do I thought I would take this in smaller bites. I decided to start by incorporating mods already made into a stock rom in Hope that would give me the necessary hands on experience. So I took to mods for ma7 and attempted to meld then into my stock rom.. the first one(4 in 1 mod) worked. . I was estatic.. excitedly I attempted the second mod (all apps multi tasking) but it did not work. Got no multi tasking bar at all. . I have been digging and digging trying all different things and just can't get it. .can someone help me. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
So I am still trying to build my own rom. I have been unsuccessful to date.. do I thought I would take this in smaller bites. I decided to start by incorporating mods already made into a stock rom in Hope that would give me the necessary hands on experience. So I took to mods for ma7 and attempted to meld then into my stock rom.. the first one(4 in 1 mod) worked. . I was estatic.. excitedly I attempted the second mod (all apps multi tasking) but it did not work. Got no multi tasking bar at all. . I have been digging and digging trying all different things and just can't get it. .can someone help me. .

How are you incorporating them? You might need to fix permissions when you flash them or change the permissions in the updater script. What are you using as your stock rom?

Edit: Have you run a logcat? That could give you a starting point to start looking.
Edit #2: Double check when you recompile framework/apks. Sometimes when something just doesn't show or breaks like that it didn't compile correctly with your apk-tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: cherylbaker

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
How are you incorporating them? You might need to fix permissions when you flash them or change the permissions in the updater script. What are you using as your stock rom?

Edit: Have you run a logcat? That could give you a starting point to start looking.
Edit #2: Double check when you recompile framework/apks. Sometimes when something just doesn't show or breaks like that it didn't compile correctly with your apk-tool.

Ok you can start laughing at me now. . All I did was take the changed files out of the zip file and put then in my rom zip file ... I am just trying to figure this out and I thought it looked like all the update did was unpack the stuff I was set. . Would the permissions not being right cause it to break it all together like that. . I think I remember the update script for the all apps mod set permissions. . I will start with that and see how it goes.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The multi Window mod most likely changes stuff in the updater script, make sure to read through that and see what the script is actually doing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Yeah I had looked at it but for some reason deemed it unnecessary ha ha ha. Can I just add the necessary items from that updater script to my roms updater script? So maybe I am not as far off as I originally thought. . We will see in the am. .
Thanks

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
Yeah I had looked at it but for some reason deemed it unnecessary ha ha ha. Can I just add the necessary items from that updater script to my roms updater script? So maybe I am not as far off as I originally thought. . We will see in the am. .
Thanks

That is what I would try. Aren't those mods MA5? It is possible that MA7 makes significant enough changes that it breaks the mod.

Ps. I wouldn't laugh, at least you are trying to learn. That is what xda is for.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: swalter718

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That is what I would try. Aren't those mods MA5? It is possible that MA7 makes significant enough changes that it breaks the mod.

Ps. I wouldn't laugh, at least you are trying to learn. That is what xda is for.

They work fine with ma7 as if I flash the mod on a base system the mod works..

I have tried exery thing. I copied over all the parts of the updater that seem relevant. I have no idea what to try next. If I flash it without wiping system the multi window works but that is clearly left over from previous rom since If previous rom had all apps than all aps are present and if not then they don't. ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The multi Window mod most likely changes stuff in the updater script, make sure to read through that and see what the script is actually doing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Thanks