[Audio Mod] Increase Volume for CM10.1 - N7100

Search This thread

okanmojo

Jan 17, 2011
Remscheid
Hey xda Community,

this is my first thread, i hope i dont do anything wrong :fingers-crossed:

So i just flashed CM 10.1 yesterday and its awesome and so on but for myself the Sound on Headphones was kinda low. So i tried to increase it by Default_gain.conf aaaaaaaand i realised, cyna dont have this conf file. :D
After some Research i found this way which i will show you below to increase the volume on Galaxy Note 2 :

What you need :
-----------------------------------------------------------
Root Explorer
Rooted Galaxy Note 2 with CM10.1 ( I dont know if this works for CM10.2 but i think it will) ->>Doesnt work in 10.2
thats it :D
1. Open Root Explorer
2. Go to System -> etc -> Sound
3. There should be a config file named "t03g"
4. Open it with any text Editor ( you have to Change a Value so be sure you have permissions)
5. Scroll down to this section :
<device Name= "Headphone">

6. Change the Value from "50" to "57" "<ctl Name="Headphone Volume" val=57"/> (attached you will find a screenshot :) )
7. Restart your phone!

This makes your Galaxy Note 2 louder on cynagogenmod :) Well for me it did.

Final words :
I dont really understand how this val works :D I frist tried "val" 70 and the Sound was significant quieter than val "50". So i tried "val30" and it was louder than "val 70" :confused:
Then i just tried values between "50-60". "59" was to loud for me and "57" was perfect :)

If someone know why this works like that, Explanation is much appreciated :D

aaaaaaaaaand last but not least : sorry for my bad english, im just more than 24 hrs awake. Please dont grammar nazi me :) :D

oh i almost forgot : Be careful with this, im not responsible for your Actions!
greetz Okanmojo

Last edited:

_delice_doluca_

Apr 26, 2011
istanbul
It is not working on CM 10.2.. Moreover after editing the file the sound is completely gone like there is no pyhsical speaker. Even though I edit the value back to 50 still there is no sound. The only way to bring sound back is to flash the CM 10.2 ROM and Gapps again.. Do you know why?

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
It is not working on CM 10.2.. Moreover after editing the file the sound is completely gone like there is no pyhsical speaker. Even though I edit the value back to 50 still there is no sound. The only way to bring sound back is to flash the CM 10.2 ROM and Gapps again.. Do you know why?

Fix file permission and reboot. That may help you.

sent from my GT-N7100. Press thanks if I helped..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey xda Community,

this is my first thread, i hope i dont do anything wrong :fingers-crossed:

So i just flashed CM 10.1 yesterday and its awesome and so on but for myself the Sound on Headphones was kinda low. So i tried to increase it by Default_gain.conf aaaaaaaand i realised, cyna dont have this conf file. :D
    After some Research i found this way which i will show you below to increase the volume on Galaxy Note 2 :

What you need :
    Root Explorer
    Rooted Galaxy Note 2 with CM10.1 ( I dont know if this works for CM10.2 but i think it will) ->>Doesnt work in 10.2
    thats it :D
    1. Open Root Explorer
    2. Go to System -> etc -> Sound
    3. There should be a config file named "t03g"
    4. Open it with any text Editor ( you have to Change a Value so be sure you have permissions)
    5. Scroll down to this section :
    <device Name= "Headphone">

6. Change the Value from "50" to "57" "<ctl Name="Headphone Volume" val=57"/> (attached you will find a screenshot :) )
    7. Restart your phone!

This makes your Galaxy Note 2 louder on cynagogenmod :) Well for me it did.

Final words :
    I dont really understand how this val works :D I frist tried "val" 70 and the Sound was significant quieter than val "50". So i tried "val30" and it was louder than "val 70" :confused:
    Then i just tried values between "50-60". "59" was to loud for me and "57" was perfect :)

If someone know why this works like that, Explanation is much appreciated :D

aaaaaaaaaand last but not least : sorry for my bad english, im just more than 24 hrs awake. Please dont grammar nazi me :) :D

oh i almost forgot : Be careful with this, im not responsible for your Actions!
    greetz Okanmojo