[Emulator Skin] Android SDK Emulator skin for LG GT540 Optimus

Search This thread

Copro

Jul 28, 2009
Ola !

This is my first contribution here on xda-developers as well and I would like to thank some other Android emulator skinners that showed me how to do this and write the text and this summary skeleton for me ;)

Overview
I have created a new skin for the LG GT540 Optimus for the Android SDK emulator
  • Portrait and Landscape mode of the HVGA Emulator 320x480 pixel display supported
  • No branding logos or credentials provided but please link back to this thread if you use it ;-]

Screenshots
lggt540androidemulators.jpg

Installation
The archive should be extracted to a new folder in your Android SDK skins folder:
<ANDROID_SDK_FOLDER>\platforms\android-<SDK_VERSION>\skins\<SKIN_FOLDER_NAME>
e.g. with version 9 of the Windows SDK here c:\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-9\skins\LG-GT540_HVGA
Then select it in the AVD wizard of the SDK here: Android SDK and AVD Manager -> Virtual Devices -> Create new Android Virtual Device (AVD) -> Skin: Built-in: LG-GT540_HVGA
In newer versions of the emulator AVD Manager you need to manually enable keyboard support to use the camera and search button and the included virtual keyboard.

Notes
The dPad is disabled in the hardware.ini because the LG GT540 also does not have a dPad

Known Issues
The camera button in the emulator is disabled per default - so since I mapped it here it does currently not do anything.
The above screenshot is made with the Gingerbread 2.3 OS :p

Version History
  • v1.0 - Initial Release (wrong display format WQVGA)
  • v1.1 - Fixed display format HVGA (320x480) and added Landscape support

Download
LG-GT540_HVGA_v1.zip

2013-03-02: Updated link to zip because Multiupload does not serve it anymore.

Let me know what you think ... ;-]

Last edited:
Reactions: chijure

Copro

Jul 28, 2009
Stupid me used 240x400 pixels for the first release - don't know which devil rode me. (Should have checked the sizes of my screenshots from the phone first :))
So now I made a new version in the correct resolution 320x480 (HVGA) and also added the landscape support. Switch to landscape mode from the emulator using the (CTRL+F12) shortcut. (Strg+F12 on German keyboards)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ola !

This is my first contribution here on xda-developers as well and I would like to thank some other Android emulator skinners that showed me how to do this and write the text and this summary skeleton for me ;)

Overview
    I have created a new skin for the LG GT540 Optimus for the Android SDK emulator
    • Portrait and Landscape mode of the HVGA Emulator 320x480 pixel display supported
    • No branding logos or credentials provided but please link back to this thread if you use it ;-]

Screenshots
    lggt540androidemulators.jpg

Installation
    The archive should be extracted to a new folder in your Android SDK skins folder:
    <ANDROID_SDK_FOLDER>\platforms\android-<SDK_VERSION>\skins\<SKIN_FOLDER_NAME>
    e.g. with version 9 of the Windows SDK here c:\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-9\skins\LG-GT540_HVGA
    Then select it in the AVD wizard of the SDK here: Android SDK and AVD Manager -> Virtual Devices -> Create new Android Virtual Device (AVD) -> Skin: Built-in: LG-GT540_HVGA
    In newer versions of the emulator AVD Manager you need to manually enable keyboard support to use the camera and search button and the included virtual keyboard.

Notes
    The dPad is disabled in the hardware.ini because the LG GT540 also does not have a dPad

Known Issues
    The camera button in the emulator is disabled per default - so since I mapped it here it does currently not do anything.
    The above screenshot is made with the Gingerbread 2.3 OS :p

Version History
    • v1.0 - Initial Release (wrong display format WQVGA)
    • v1.1 - Fixed display format HVGA (320x480) and added Landscape support

Download
    LG-GT540_HVGA_v1.zip

2013-03-02: Updated link to zip because Multiupload does not serve it anymore.

Let me know what you think ... ;-]
    excellent work! thanks mate!