Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
0heEu4S.jpg

This ROM is for the Snapdragon variant (SM-N9750), not exynos.​

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
WETA Note 10+ (snapdragon) TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is a Magisk Rom. This means that in order to use this you need to have Magisk already installed on your device. It is Based off latest firmware currently. I make it for my own use, adding the mods and things I find important to my daily use.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
- for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
ViPER4Android 2.7.1 , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
Also other GRX mods are present such as Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
Custom navbar height slider
Navbar and Status bar custom background colors
Network traffic indicators
Battery Bar in status bar or Navbar

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog...

WETA v1.0
Based off SGS firmware files
Snapdragon only!!! SM-N9750

WETA v4.0
Base update to SK1

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

ROM Downloads

Downloads can be had at the following folders, or they are also always posted in the TELEGRAM CHANNEL.

WETA Downloads (MEGA)

--------------------->

Kernel Source not needed at this stage, (no kernel included in zip)
download

--------------------->

Beer fund

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Installation

This Magisk Rom is for Snapdragon SM-N9750 Note 10+ devices only. This means NO you cannot flash this on your Exynos device, and NO this does not mean that your shiny new phone from T-Mobile or any other carrier sold snapdragon device has root and can flash this.

WARNING - This device does not have TWRP yet. (no you cant flash the exynos version), so in the worst case scenario, if the device crashes and bootloops (unlikely) then you will have to wipe data to restore booting capability under a rooted environment. SO BACKUP YOUR CRAP!

This is a simple process once you have root. Root can be had, by unlocking the bootloader, and flashing a pre patched firmware package in Odin. There is a guide in the Guides section to achieve root. I will also upload the pre patched firmware package.

Be aware, this Rom is made using TGY Firmware files, and may not work or even boot on South American or other firmware. I advise using TGY firmware with this Rom module.

At this stage there is no custom kernel. So no need to worry about anything there yet.

After you are rooted, and have installed Magisk Manager and it has its files in place, you can proceed with flashing the Rom zip in Magisk Manager (we have no TWRP yet).

For CSC/ODM/Product Carrier options, see post #3

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Useful items

In this post there will be useful info and downloads

Carrier Installer

This is an installer that flashes the Product partition from the SM-N975U model of devices, meaning the files will be in place as a Magisk Module to transform your device into a USA Carrier model for wifi calling and volte etc.

Flash this in Magisk Manager, and read the selections carefully. Choose your carrier code with volume presses.
This will only edit you /efs/imei/mps_code.dat etc to switch to TMB,VZW or whatever carrier you select. This is easy to revert. The rest resides in the Magisk partition making for easy reversal.

USA Carrier Installer Downloads - MEGA - Nextcloud
Downloads also available in the Telegram tread - HERE

--->

Pre Patched Firmware

Here i will link any pre patched with Magisk Odin firmware.

N9750ZSU1ASGS Firmware (Magisk patched) - Note 10+ SM-N9750 ONLY!!! -

Download (MEGA)
Download (nextcloud)

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
I thought you couldn't root SNAPDRAGON? Also, the root guide is for exynos, not snapdragon. Am I missing something?

As stated in the op, the sm-n9750 is the device in question here. Not any USA snapdragon variant.

sm-n9750 is used in Asian countries and some south American.

It's completely unlockable and rootable, and is more compatible with the American carriers than the exynos devices. This is why I buy the Chinese models, and use them on T-Mobile USA

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
WETA 1.01

USA Carrier options now included in main rom installer.
Fixed non working Carrier functions.

* I use T-Mobile and all functionality is there, Volte, WiFi calling, RCS. I assume the same for Verizon, ATT and Sprint.

Download folders - MEGA | Nextcloud
Downloads also posted in telegram - Here

--->

Last edited:
Reactions: louforgiveno

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
WETA 1.01

USA Carrier options now included in main rom installer.
Fixed non working Carrier functions.

* I use T-Mobile and all functionality is there, Volte, WiFi calling, RCS. I assume the same for Verizon, ATT and Sprint.

Download folders - MEGA | Nextcloud
Downloads also posted in telegram - Here

--->

Can you check if band 71 on tmo is available? Thanks! If so, im ordering a n9750

elmor0

Installation

This Magisk Rom is for Snapdragon SM-N9750 Note 10+ devices only. This means NO you cannot flash this on your Exynos device, and NO this does not mean that your shiny new phone from T-Mobile or any other carrier sold snapdragon device has root and can flash this.

WARNING - This device does not have TWRP yet. (no you cant flash the exynos version), so in the worst case scenario, if the device crashes and bootloops (unlikely) then you will have to wipe data to restore booting capability under a rooted environment. SO BACKUP YOUR CRAP!

--->

Is this ROM for Note 10 or for 10+ (or for both)?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
This locking of bands is such BS, this would be ideal phone otherwise to use with T-mobile. It lacks band 66, band 71 and also lacks carrier aggregation support on T-mobile US network.

Is it infact better than the exynos version for T-Mobile ? I just purchased without thinking.

The other thought is if even the hardware is present for those bands. The firmware between the U and 0 devices is quite compatible. But from memory I think the modem doesn't flash or fails to boot

monkeyass408

Jun 7, 2011
Is it infact better than the exynos version for T-Mobile ? I just purchased without thinking.

The other thought is if even the hardware is present for those bands. The firmware between the U and 0 devices is quite compatible. But from memory I think the modem doesn't flash or fails to boot

i think you may have made a bad decision. There isnt a lot of support for the chinese sd variants for most samsung flagships ( unless im wrong, i am not chinese and dont search chinese forums, but i dont see much on xda). Since you are missing bands 66 and 71 on your phone i see no point in getting it instead of the exynos.

Reactions: indigo888

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
i think you may have made a bad decision. There isnt a lot of support for the chinese sd variants for most samsung flagships ( unless im wrong, i am not chinese and dont search chinese forums, but i dont see much on xda). Since you are missing bands 66 and 71 on your phone i see no point in getting it instead of the exynos.

Lol, your telling this to a Dev. LMFAO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

This ROM is for the Snapdragon variant (SM-N9750), not exynos.​

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
    WETA Note 10+ (snapdragon) TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is a Magisk Rom. This means that in order to use this you need to have Magisk already installed on your device. It is Based off latest firmware currently. I make it for my own use, adding the mods and things I find important to my daily use.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    ViPER4Android 2.7.1 , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
    GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Also other GRX mods are present such as Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Custom navbar height slider
    Navbar and Status bar custom background colors
    Network traffic indicators
    Battery Bar in status bar or Navbar

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog...

WETA v1.0
    Based off SGS firmware files
    Snapdragon only!!! SM-N9750

WETA v4.0
    Base update to SK1

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

ROM Downloads

Downloads can be had at the following folders, or they are also always posted in the TELEGRAM CHANNEL.

WETA Downloads (MEGA)

--------------------->

Kernel Source not needed at this stage, (no kernel included in zip)
    download

--------------------->

Beer fund
    WETA 6.0

Updated for use with TD1 firmware (oneui 2.1)

Downloads

--->
    Installation

This is a simple process once you have root. Root can be had, by unlocking the bootloader, and flashing a pre patched firmware package in Odin. There is a guide in the Guides section to achieve root. I will also upload the pre patched firmware package.

Be aware, this Rom is made using TGY Firmware files, and may not work or even boot on South American or other firmware. I advise using TGY firmware with this Rom module.

At this stage there is no custom kernel. So no need to worry about anything there yet.

After you are rooted, and have installed Magisk Manager and it has its files in place, you can proceed with flashing the Rom zip in Magisk Manager (we have no TWRP yet).

For CSC/ODM/Product Carrier options, see post #3

--->
    Useful items

In this post there will be useful info and downloads

Carrier Installer

This is an installer that flashes the Product partition from the SM-N975U model of devices, meaning the files will be in place as a Magisk Module to transform your device into a USA Carrier model for wifi calling and volte etc.

Flash this in Magisk Manager, and read the selections carefully. Choose your carrier code with volume presses.
    This will only edit you /efs/imei/mps_code.dat etc to switch to TMB,VZW or whatever carrier you select. This is easy to revert. The rest resides in the Magisk partition making for easy reversal.

USA Carrier Installer Downloads - MEGA - Nextcloud
    Downloads also available in the Telegram tread - HERE

--->

Pre Patched Firmware

Here i will link any pre patched with Magisk Odin firmware.

N9750ZSU1ASGS Firmware (Magisk patched) - Note 10+ SM-N9750 ONLY!!! -

Download (MEGA)
    Download (nextcloud)

--->
    I thought you couldn't root SNAPDRAGON? Also, the root guide is for exynos, not snapdragon. Am I missing something?

As stated in the op, the sm-n9750 is the device in question here. Not any USA snapdragon variant.

sm-n9750 is used in Asian countries and some south American.

It's completely unlockable and rootable, and is more compatible with the American carriers than the exynos devices. This is why I buy the Chinese models, and use them on T-Mobile USA