Cant get into recovery after bad flash?

Search This thread

Roseysdaddy

Dec 27, 2012
i downloaded todays update from CM 11 (d800 on att) and did the automatic reboot/flash but now im stuck on the CM11 loading screen. I left it there for an hour and it just keeps spinning. I can't seem to get to CMW recovery with the power+vol down combo (ive read different things, pressing power three times, etc) and nothing seems to work. Id REALLY like to not have to wipe this phone because ive got texts from a friend who recently passed and they arent backed up. any help would be incredible. THanks!!

Mikkey81

May 10, 2010
Milwaukee
goo.gl
i downloaded todays update from CM 11 (d800 on att) and did the automatic reboot/flash but now im stuck on the CM11 loading screen. I left it there for an hour and it just keeps spinning. I can't seem to get to CMW recovery with the power+vol down combo (ive read different things, pressing power three times, etc) and nothing seems to work. Id REALLY like to not have to wipe this phone because ive got texts from a friend who recently passed and they arent backed up. any help would be incredible. THanks!!

Your chances of getting back into that phone without wiping are slim to none.

Here are the issues I've noticed with the power volume down scenario.

you can not be plugged into an outlet. you can't just hold power and volume down.
1)Get to the screen your bootlooping at.
2)Hold power until it reboots.
3)As soon as you feel the vibration of the phone as it starts press volume down and power
4)As soon as you see the LG Logo pop up release and then repress and hold volume down and power again.
5)Now press the enter button three times in the factory data reset screen and it will boot you into recovery.