Transferring from S3 to Note 3

Search This thread

jonno92

Dec 17, 2010
I'm going to buy a Note 3 tomorrow and I'd like to transfer my contacts from my S3 to it. Most of my contacts are saved to my Samsung account but I think some are on my Google Account.

Is there a way to make sure they are all saved to one account and then transfer them over by just logging into that account on the Note 3?

Also, are there any must-have accessories for the Note 3 I should know of? I've seen the wireless chargers - do you have to have a special case for these to work, or do some of them work with the phone and a normal leather (or similar) case?

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I'm going to buy a Note 3 tomorrow and I'd like to transfer my contacts from my S3 to it. Most of my contacts are saved to my Samsung account but I think some are on my Google Account.

Is there a way to make sure they are all saved to one account and then transfer them over by just logging into that account on the Note 3?

Also, are there any must-have accessories for the Note 3 I should know of? I've seen the wireless chargers - do you have to have a special case for these to work, or do some of them work with the phone and a normal leather (or similar) case?

Cheers

Since u still have ur s3, why don't u sync everything to google or samsung before u disown it. :)

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.

sFranKv

Oct 14, 2012

Cheers

You just need to log in on your samsung and google accounts on the note and ull have all your contacts there, even apps can be auto downloaded to your new phone.

for accesories i whould recomend the spigen neo hybrid case, its a great looking case.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
And alternatively if you're lacking an internet connection: Contacts --> Optionkey --> Import/Export.

For contact yes. But... have u experienced everytime u restore the contact from ur backup, ot always become double nd double? But not to all contacts. Some of them. Eversince my s series is always like that. I am a rom flasher maniac. And my contact keep on growing everytime I restore. Hahahaha. Not big issue, just curious.

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC

For contact yes. But... have u experienced everytime u restore the contact from ur backup, ot always become double nd double? But not to all contacts. Some of them. Eversince my s series is always like that. I am a rom flasher maniac. And my contact keep on growing everytime I restore. Hahahaha. Not big issue, just curious.

If the contact already exists it adds a duplicate, yes. And if I show the Google, Samsung and SIM contacts at the same time as the restored ones.. Well, everyone shows up 4 times :laugh:

Reactions: antique_sonic

jonno92

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks guys.

All the contacts came over form Google and Samsung but I couldn't figure out how to get the 60 contacts from Samsung to merge with the 700 contacts on Google so that they were all on Google rather than some on one and some on another.

It doesn't really matter now but if I stop using Samsung Account I'd like them all to be on Google..

Cheers

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hahhaha. Not only me then. Damn samsung never try to replace :p
The last one on my note 3 I lazy to tidy up and keep on flashing. Some of my contact grows to 20 :D

Thanks guys.

All the contacts came over form Google and Samsung but I couldn't figure out how to get the 60 contacts from Samsung to merge with the 700 contacts on Google so that they were all on Google rather than some on one and some on another.

It doesn't really matter now but if I stop using Samsung Account I'd like them all to be on Google..

Cheers

Contacts --> Optionkey --> Merge Accounts? I'm a little hesitant to try it myself, as I have only my Samsung account set to display and my Google account has a load of contacts I do not want on my phone...

Reactions: antique_sonic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And alternatively if you're lacking an internet connection: Contacts --> Optionkey --> Import/Export.

If the contact already exists it adds a duplicate, yes. And if I show the Google, Samsung and SIM contacts at the same time as the restored ones.. Well, everyone shows up 4 times :laugh:
    Thanks guys.

Cheers

Contacts --> Optionkey --> Merge Accounts? I'm a little hesitant to try it myself, as I have only my Samsung account set to display and my Google account has a load of contacts I do not want on my phone...