[Q] Help with softbrick, not sure what to do!

Search This thread

ilikeph0

Sep 19, 2010
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've recently flashed the modified ML1 modem from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788313 and tried both using 4.3 Wicked Sensations and 4.3 MOAR. Phone was working great with either one until just normally restarting the phone, it would get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII logo. My temporary fix was to go back into TWRP, wipe everything, and just reflash either rom but once in a while my phone would randomly lock up and I'd have to restart the phone to run into the same problem.

So I tried using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 this guide to maybe fix the problem but ODIN keeps failing when flashing the vzw.root_66.tar. I've used this once before and it worked, but this was over a year ago. Do I need to do something differently because I've technically updated my phone?

Now I'm in a situation where powering on the phone, it gives the unauthorized by verizon wireless msg even when holding the vol up and home keys but I am still able to access download mode.

Thanks!

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've recently flashed the modified ML1 modem from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788313 and tried both using 4.3 Wicked Sensations and 4.3 MOAR. Phone was working great with either one until just normally restarting the phone, it would get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII logo. My temporary fix was to go back into TWRP, wipe everything, and just reflash either rom but once in a while my phone would randomly lock up and I'd have to restart the phone to run into the same problem.

So I tried using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 this guide to maybe fix the problem but ODIN keeps failing when flashing the vzw.root_66.tar. I've used this once before and it worked, but this was over a year ago. Do I need to do something differently because I've technically updated my phone?

Now I'm in a situation where powering on the phone, it gives the unauthorized by verizon wireless msg even when holding the vol up and home keys but I am still able to access download mode.

Thanks!

You need to boot into download mode and post what it displays in the top left corner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ilikeph0

Sep 19, 2010
You need to boot into download mode and post what it displays in the top left corner.

It says:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

thank you for replying!

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
This should fix it:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Then just be careful not to let it update, root with casual, install ez unlock version 1.2, and install a custom rom promptly.

I had a similar issue caused by trying to flash a bad rom. I tried to do an odin flash of the VRALEC file and it succeeded but the flash of the root66 failed due to a bad cable. Now i'm getting the unauthorized message. I downloaded the firmware from the link but I'm curious what the steps are for flashing it. Do I need to flash something else first or can I just pop that file in to ODIN and flash it and be back up again?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I had a similar issue caused by trying to flash a bad rom. I tried to do an odin flash of the VRALEC file and it succeeded but the flash of the root66 failed due to a bad cable. Now i'm getting the unauthorized message. I downloaded the firmware from the link but I'm curious what the steps are for flashing it. Do I need to flash something else first or can I just pop that file in to ODIN and flash it and be back up again?
What does download mode say?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
What does download mode say?

Odin Mode
Product Name : SCH-i535
custom binary download: Yes (5 counts)
custom binary: CUSTOM
system status: CUSTOM
Qualcomm SecureBoot: Enabled

As a followup I just tried to reflash the root66 tar file in the mean time just to see what happens and the error i'm getting is "Complete(Write) operation failed"

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Odin Mode
Product Name : SCH-i535
custom binary download: Yes (5 counts)
custom binary: CUSTOM
system status: CUSTOM
Qualcomm SecureBoot: Enabled

As a followup I just tried to reflash the root66 tar file in the mean time just to see what happens and the error i'm getting is "Complete(Write) operation failed"
Yes, use that file you originally asked about.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
alright tried the KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.tar file and I got the same error i'm getting is "Complete(Write) operation failed". Whats the deal?
Not sure without actually seeing the code, your card may be mounted as a read only type and it prevents any kind of writing to it. Hero wrote a guide for that problem, it's on the old roll up thread.