[ROM][7/26/12][UNITED] Project Lizard | Boot2Gecko | Firefox OS Port

Search This thread

SlashSpeed

Mar 24, 2009
This is...well, I'm speechless. Thank you, for keeping my G1 alive and I hope that you'll have alot of success with porting! :eek:

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
This is...well, I'm speechless. Thank you, for keeping my G1 alive and I hope that you'll have alot of success with porting! :eek:

Haha thanks, I've been spending many sleepless nights stuffing my brain with information and trying to get this thing working and the only real thing left is for others to test it and to get past a few errors. Hopefully the G1 community can help me get this thing running. :D

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SlashSpeed

hrk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Rome
The best part of this thread are the flies with the troll face.

This was meant as a compliment. :) Good luck w/ this and I hope you can build it with debug information enabled, so we can try understand what's wrong when a crash happens. :)

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
You are absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!
Would you be willing to build firefox OS for the HTC hero gsm, we would very much appreciate your work:D:D:D
I would hit thanks, but im limited to 8 a day;)

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
You are absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!
Would you be willing to build firefox OS for the HTC hero gsm, we would very much appreciate your work:D:D:D
I would hit thanks, but im limited to 8 a day;)

Haha thanks :D. Sure, I could try to get it to build, just don't be upset if it doesn't boot all the way like the current state of this rom :p

I'm going to need someone to test it though since I don't have that device. I have a HTC Hero CDMA for Sprint, but the charging port is no good, and since I'm not a soldering-boss I would need a whole new motherboard (http://goo.gl/LcOJM). Not to mention that I don't know if they're even somewhat compatible with each other.

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
The best part of this thread are the flies with the troll face.

This was meant as a compliment. :) Good luck w/ this and I hope you can build it with debug information enabled, so we can try understand what's wrong when a crash happens. :)

Lol, I did the whole thread at like 3 in the morning xD, but I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the help and I'm hoping that we can somehow figure out how to get it fully booting :D

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Haha thanks :D. Sure, I could try to get it to build, just don't be upset if it doesn't boot all the way like the current state of this rom :p

I'm going to need someone to test it though since I don't have that device. I have a HTC Hero CDMA for Sprint, but the charging port is no good, and since I'm not a soldering-boss I would need a whole new motherboard (http://goo.gl/LcOJM). Not to mention that I don't know if they're even somewhat compatible with each other.

Id be willing to test, i have 3 htc hero gsm's and a lot of time on my hands:D

ryree0

Jun 12, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
github.com
I have actually been wanting to port B2G to the g1 for a while now (I've been building the source for the emulator since it was very early on at andreasgal's github).

I'm building it now and will try to see why it's not booting, if I have a little extra free time, after I finish my next LMCFroyo release.
There's really no reason to try polishing anything before now and the actual release; there will probably be many large changes over the course of the year. However, there's no reason to not toy around with this right now in order to see what changes will need to be made in the gecko/gaia source.

Last edited:
Reactions: demkantor

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
I have actually been wanting to port B2G to the g1 for a while now (I've been building the source for the emulator since it was very early on at andreasgal's github).

I'm building it now and will try to see why it's not booting, if I have a little extra free time, after I finish my next LMCFroyo release.
There's really no reason to try polishing anything before now and the actual release; there will probably be many large changes over the course of the year. However, there's no reason to not toy around with this right now in order to see what changes will need to be made in the gecko/gaia source.

Thanks, I got adreasgal's repo yesterday and have been messing with it a little bit, how does it differ from mozilla's official repo?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build Process

All work moved here.
    Builds & Logcats

All work moved here.
    So, upon building I receive a ton of errors. All of which are the scripts fault, not the source. So basically, I'm going to have to rewrite most (if not, all) of the Makefile script in order to get it running. Hopefully I can get most of it done tonight.

EDIT: Also, I'm not pushing everything to GitHub immediately in case anyone is wondering because I'm testing so many different repos and scripts I don't want to cause anything to stop working that was already working.
    I updated post #3 with a newer D/S build, although it still gives the same exact errors. I'm currently syncing (from scratch) the ds_gb repo (CM7-based) and will try compiling with older versions of gaia and gecko. I may even give Andreasgal's b2g a shot.

EDIT:
    WOW, after tons of searching, I finally found one of the commits that started the removal for Gingerbread support :D
    First, I saw this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23538652&postcount=2 which told me the time period, then I looked over all of the mozilla-b2g repos and then Andreasgal's repos, and found this magical nugget here: https://github.com/andreasgal/B2G/commit/9abc07e98943b910005dd9223cc6c5ceebfaba5a meaning that the last Gingerbread supporting build must be: https://github.com/andreasgal/B2G/commit/bc0f5eefff606b531247d4b76d0531b3c4b311bf

Now I just need to sync with that and modify it to support the Dream/Sapphire and whatever else. Hopefully this works out. Don't expect any build AT ALL for a few days while I set this up.

EDIT2:
    Actually, I don't think Andreasgal ever removed GB support seeing how his later commits identify actually fixing GB builds. I'll see if I can build using his repo.

EDIT3:
    Okay, it looks like I'll be able to use his repo, I just have to change a few things. It's currently syncing. I'll check back in the morning, it's already 3:04AM haha.