Which Rom has full bluetooth HID support?

Search This thread

forcedv

Mar 7, 2006
Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you

coffmad

Oct 24, 2010
birmingham
only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working :) hope this helps

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you

As coffmad said, any AOSP ROM should work for what you're looking for, as they will utilize the generic Android bluetooth stack, instead of Samsung's.

That said, I know you said you don't want to install a server app, but have you considered looking at GMote? It works over wi-fi. There's a very thin app you install on the computer, and your phone connects to it over your network. This is what I use to utilize my phone as a remote for my computer.

only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working :) hope this helps

FYI, SixAxis works on Samsung based ROMs, and has for quite some time. I think since October or so. I've got it working just fine, and I'm on stock XXKI3.