[Q] Wiped System Partition need help

Search This thread

tyus2

May 14, 2014
Hey guys,
I installed Cyanogenmod on my Xperia M from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584956
After that I installed Google Apps package. But I accidentally messed something up so I wiped the /system, /cache, /data via CWM recovery and re flashed the ROM. It booted up correctly, but I want to know if my procedure was incorrect or I needed to flash 4.3 firmware first before flashing Cyanogenmod to my device? Its working fine now. I just want to know if Cyanogenmod is independent or if it needs /system from 4.3 stock firmware.
Also, I want to know how to wipe my INTERNAL SD card, the card which isn't removable?
Please reply ASAP.

tyus2

May 14, 2014
Well, it isn't as complicated as it seems. It turned out I needed to be on stock 4.3 firmware with bootloader unlocked so I would have the correct baseband for Cyanogenmod.
After that, I wiped my /system, /cache, and /data. Then I flashed the Cyanogenmod for my device via the zips and then flashed the GApps from Paranoid Android thread on XDA.
Booted up, first time boot took up long like 4 minutes, everything works fine now, except for the battery. It merely lasts 14 hours, considering it used to last 26-28 hours on official firmware.