[FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix.

Search This thread

xdax1

Aug 27, 2009
Hong Kong
D858HK

Hi could you make a mod for D858HK? It's the Hong Kong and China (D857) dual-Sim version of LG G3.

I know D858 is not popular at all, but at less let me fix that sharpening thing...

Thanks

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
Hi there, thanks for the work.
Any plans to have a version soon for Lollipop on D851 T-Mobile G3?

Thanks.

emperor0007

Sep 1, 2013
I have rooted, twrp installed lg g3 d852 (canada FIDO) running lollipop 5.0.1. Can I use this method? Or is there another way to fix it. Thanks

redduc900

Apr 30, 2011
Nampa, ID
Google Pixel 6
Can you fix this for the Verizon variant on Lollipop

Hi there, thanks for the work.
Any plans to have a version soon for Lollipop on D851 T-Mobile G3?Thanks.
[FIX][SHARPENING][ALL VARIANTS][29.01.2015] Sharpening Mod Script v. 3.5
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/fix-sharpening-mod-script-1-0-beta-t2957648

v3.5 is compatible w/ LP and all variants using the stock kernel, and is flashed from recovery. Make sure to back up the boot partition first before flashing.

copy2050

Jun 14, 2013
Porto
Many of you know exactly what "oversharpening" is... for those who not, just google "g3 oversharpening" or check this article.

After hours spent trying almost everything i finally managed to remove that. Check in the 2nd thread to see the difference.

Here you go... just flash the kernel in recovery but remember to make a backup of the boot partition before, just in case it will not works.

Remember... the only weird thing is that you have to turn off the screen and then on again to make it works. Just the 1st time after the boot.

DOWNLOADS:

D855 Kitkat Lollipop ( fixed boot time )

D851 Kitkat

D850 Kitkat

LS990 Kitkat

F400 Kitkat

VS985 Kitkat

D852 Kitkat Fixed 25.11.2014

...i'm currently building for all the variants

Of course, tell me what you think.

Like always... DONATIONS are wellcome!!!

Lollipop Source
Kitkat Source
tnx to @Tectas for the kernel source

I have a doubt, when you say: "...just flash the kernel in recovery", it means this is a kernel mod? i want to try this but i dont know the requirements! my phone are the D855 Europe/International version 32GB/3GB, have the 5.0 Lollipop Stock ROM, rooted, have TWRP but doesnt have Unlocked Bootloader, so...this mean i cant flash it? or is based on stock kernel and have no problem to do that?

and, if i backe'd up all system, check all boxes in TWRP i can restore it in case of fail? Thanks

(i really have some dificulties to o this on LG phones, i dont wanna brick my device, if was a sony im not affraid because sony is no problem...but LG is hard!)

Last edited:

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
I have a doubt, when you say: "...just flash the kernel in recovery", it means this is a kernel mod? i want to try this but i dont know the requirements! my phone are the D855 Europe/International version 32GB/3GB, have the 5.0 Lollipop Stock ROM, rooted, have TWRP but doesnt have Unlocked Bootloader, so...this mean i cant flash it? or is based on stock kernel and have no problem to do that?

and, if i backe'd up all system, check all boxes in TWRP i can restore it in case of fail? Thanks

(i really have some dificulties to o this on LG phones, i dont wanna brick my device, if was a sony im not affraid because sony is no problem...but LG is hard!)

If you have the twrp then you are on KK bootloader so bump is supported. Instead of theese kernels flash the script that someone linked some posts above, works better.

sergini

Nov 20, 2011
Porto
If I flash Gabriel Kernel on top of the 3.5 Script, will it loose the effect?

Do I have to reflash the script?

zurih

Jun 17, 2011
Screen saturation, colors and contrast are very different after reboot befote turning off the screen thr first time. It's much more saturated and contrast is better.

After turning thr screen off and on, sharpening is gone but so is the great contrast and colors.

Anyone else with this issue?

Orcam

Aug 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Right team.

Done a bit of assement of the sharpening values. For people wanting to keep the crispness of the screen yet reduce artifacts. These are the settings I recommend for stock roms.

Sharpening to 30.

For non stock its a different game. 0 works for them.

With a 30 or perhaps 29,28,27 you remove artifacts while keeping the crisp nature of the display that LG intended. If you go any lower than about 25, you will find that your eyes struggle to focus on the screen. At least I did. Perhaps that was why LG implemented.

Reactions: zehar.salem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many of you know exactly what "oversharpening" is... for those who not, just google "g3 oversharpening" or check this article.

After hours spent trying almost everything i finally managed to remove that. Check in the 2nd thread to see the difference.

Here you go... just flash the kernel in recovery but remember to make a backup of the boot partition before, just in case it will not works.

Remember... the only weird thing is that you have to turn off the screen and then on again to make it works. Just the 1st time after the boot.

DOWNLOADS:

D855 Kitkat Lollipop ( fixed boot time )

D851 Kitkat

D850 Kitkat

LS990 Kitkat

F400 Kitkat

VS985 Kitkat

D852 Kitkat Fixed 25.11.2014

...i'm currently building for all the variants

Of course, tell me what you think.

Like always... DONATIONS are wellcome!!!

Lollipop Source
    Kitkat Source
    tnx to @Tectas for the kernel source
    BEFORE:
    attachment.php

AFTER:
    attachment.php
    Will this work on CM12 too, or only on stock Lollipop roms?

I talked to sooti and invisiblek and i think they will add this into the AOSP kernel
    Is it Possible to flash on cm12. Nothing against your Rom, but cm12 ist much faster. Thats why i change the rom

I will explain how to fix it to the CM devs...
    Hi @Skin1980,

I am currently building an AROMA based update.zip which debloats stock ROMs, for new users.
    There is no tangible build yet, but I am working on it.
    I planned to increase the scope by adding other scripts and tweaks if allowed.

So I would like to ask if I may include the oversharpening fix kernel into my soon to come "ImproveG3" script?
    You will be properly credited, of course.
    The script will be free for all to download.

Regards,
    sub

Lol... i am working on an AROMA Script too from some days... i finished it yesterday evening and pushed here 5 mins ago.

I would like to test your ImproveG3 script and if you want to include these kernels in your zip you are free to do it.
    Otherwise if you want to use the script code i just uploaded i prefer if you don't. It is only in the first release and need feedback and improvement.

Tnx for your work.