[ROM] KiNgxKxROM Sense Hybrid Version 2.3 "Back to Work We Go" <11/9/09>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

m3s_4ev3r

Oct 11, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
I have found that not to be true.

I'm running the new Sense Hero that King uploaded and it has the H indicator.

I pushed a different build.prop to try to fix the paid apps issue, it didn't fix that issue, but I did notice that the indicator now showed 3G.

I wonder if this change is what fixed the 3G icon.
OLD: ro.product.brand=htc_asia_wwe_sg
NEW: ro.product.brand=generic

I will mess with it a bit tonight and report back.

Most probably you only have hdscpa or how is it called, here in Timisoara there is 3G+, only the 3G appears and when I am losing signal I get the H icon, and when's even worse the Edge one. Therefor The 3G icon exists ...

deliciousj

Jun 28, 2007
Covina, CA
I have found that not to be true.

I'm running the new Sense Hero that King uploaded and it has the H indicator.

I pushed a different build.prop to try to fix the paid apps issue, it didn't fix that issue, but I did notice that the indicator now showed 3G.

I wonder if this change is what fixed the 3G icon.
OLD: ro.product.brand=htc_asia_wwe_sg
NEW: ro.product.brand=generic

I will mess with it a bit tonight and report back.

Exciting. Let me know what happens. It's not life changing, but getting the "3G" indicator back would really hit a sweet spot. :)

lycoln

Feb 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Exciting. Let me know what happens. It's not life changing, but getting the "3G" indicator back would really hit a sweet spot. :)

Didn't realize anyone wanted the "3G" to replace the "H".

Here is your fix: Download Me

To Install:

Code:
adb remount
adb push [Path-To]/com.htc.resources.apk /system/framework
adb shell reboot

**I'll send KingxKx the fix so this will be included in all future builds ;)**

***Feel free to donate to me if you <3 my work...ha I'm poor :p***

Last edited:

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
I installed these on Mytouch and then used twisteds deport 1.0 to make wifi and such work. My trackball lights up for messages and stuff but my leds dont work. I tried to remove the HeroLED.apk and still nothing, tried to reinstall the heroled.apk and still nothing. Anyone have any idea?

lycoln

Feb 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
I installed these on Mytouch and then used twisteds deport 1.0 to make wifi and such work. My trackball lights up for messages and stuff but my leds dont work. I tried to remove the HeroLED.apk and still nothing, tried to reinstall the heroled.apk and still nothing. Anyone have any idea?

Did you click on the app itself in the app tray and turn "on" LED's???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't realize anyone wanted the "3G" to replace the "H".

Here is your fix: Download Me

To Install:

Code:
adb remount
adb push [Path-To]/com.htc.resources.apk /system/framework
adb shell reboot

**I'll send KingxKx the fix so this will be included in all future builds ;)**

***Feel free to donate to me if you <3 my work...ha I'm poor :p***

SG_Shadow

Aug 19, 2009
Chicago
http://htcpedia.com/kingxkxlick_sapphire_sense/soft/dream-rom.html?page=1

- First release v1.0 - Based off of the LATEST Sapphire sense dump (port) - Some optimization - Super-optimized rosie - KEYBOARD DOES NOT FC when opened on rosie - True Transparent Lockscreen - Transparent Status Bar - Included BB2.apk - FLASH PLAYER WORKS! - Optimized a couple widgets - Includes NEW Large People Widget! - BFS 302 (thanks CC/JAC)

Will you be posting a download link soon? I think you have the fasted hero rom, period. I just want working flash player, that's all. Thanks and keep up the good work!

deliciousj

Jun 28, 2007
Covina, CA

Is it necessary to use deport when flashing to a myTouch? I just did it without, but I also flashed bfs to make wi-fi and orientation work. What is the difference?

And thanks again lycoln! :)

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
Is it necessary to use deport when flashing to a myTouch? I just did it without, but I also flashed bfs to make wi-fi and orientation work. What is the difference?

And thanks again lycoln! :)

Im not sure of the way that you did it, so i wouldnt be able to tell you. But yeah i used the twisted deport...but My leds started to work out of no where lol so that is no longer an issue

Jacob_K

Jul 6, 2009
Wigan, Greater Manchester
Well I'm in the UK on T-mobile and the icon changes between H and 3G. Also on my laptop that has T-mobile mobile broadband, when i connect it sometimes it shows GPRS, sometimes 3G and most of the time HSPA. So HSPA has been implemented in the UK.

Just about to set up your new 1.0 sense sapphire hero..

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
If you guys want to fix the text message led just install dg alert classic. He just updated it to work with donut and mytouch as well. and it solves the texts problem(with leds)

ESKIMOn00b

Apr 16, 2009
alabama
ive had issues installing protected apps, not nessicarily paid apps, but protected ones, for example i paid for adv. task manager (not protected) dl's just fine, pandora (a free protected app) refuses to dl, and several paid protected apps refuse to dl. they install just fine thru adb or a file manager if i rip them from my backup of whatever i just came from, butn wont dl from market. any ideas?

pllexx

Jun 16, 2009
what happend to quack 2 on g1??? this is the error i get when i open it
could not load pic/colormap.pcx error

i have downloaded pak0.pak but still it not working

wicked_beav

Feb 20, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Can we please get a fix for the market? It seems that it may need a different build.prop based on what drizz told me. Can you please provide a build.prop that will fix the market issues.

schlsux

Sep 20, 2009
Ditto for the Market.
I cannot download my paid for Power Manager or NESoid
Any reason why my facebook pictures in my messages do not always stay?
In a conversation I will see my profile picture half of the time.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after i flashed the radio, it rebooted into recovery mode, and after i flashed the spl, it rebooted in to recovery mode that's the part im not sure about because a guide said it should boot to the g1 screen and stay there..i am going to try to reflash the rom without multi touch

you are supposed to flash radio before the spl...so you should be good...?

Ppl were getting black screen (I think) by not cleaning EXT, wiping, and "fixing ext".
    [ROM] KiNgxKxROM Sense Hybrid Version 2.3 "Back to Work We Go" <11/9/09>

Video of v1.9 in action:
    Ok guys so just as I promised, my ROM is finally here. This ROM is COMPLETELY FULL. Tell me if you would like something added and I will be glad to do so. A "lite" version may also be in store. I implemented a lot of speed boosters, tell me this isn't a blistering quick ROM. THIS IS VERY FAST.

NOTE: Things can be kind of slow at first boot. Give it a few minutes to get all settled in and things will be blazing I tell you!

Changelog will be on the next post.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Haykuro's "death" spl
    2. Latest Radio (Both can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/sapphire-port-dream/)
    3. 3 Partitions in this order: Fat32, Ext 1/2/3/4, Linux-Swap
    4. Class 6 sd card (like every other Hero ROM)
    5. Cyanogen's Recovery image 1.3.1+

If you're having problems wiping or installing apps from the market:

Code:
    # mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
    (enter)
    # rm -rf /system/sd/*
    (enter)
    # rm -rf /system/data/*
    (enter)
    # reboot recovery
    How to edit your user.conf settings (swappiness, comp cache or swap, etc) by me :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=561235

How to partition your sdcard the easiest way/ upgrade to ext4 on your g1 with no pc needed at all: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4502330&postcount=9228 Thanks Lycoln, you da man

Please give me FEEBACK! Devs are nothing without feedback!

Without further ado!

With my customized "Red Rosie" Hero theme v1 (Beta 1):(Use the red wallpaper for sweeet results :) ) Screenshots below

With my boot images and sounds (Beta 1):

Just like any other dev, I am not responsible to whatever happens to your phone *surprise* :p

I'd like to give thanks to: Cyanogen, CCyrowski, Haykuro, MoDaCo, Stericson, JAC, miketaylor00, Drizzy, Jubeh, Twisted, Fictionless, Shafty, any other dev I forgot to mention, and most importantly, my patient lady for putting up with ma devin' :D

ChEerS :cool:

"I live to DEV another DAY" -My quote

Follow me on Twitter if you like my work: www.twitter.com/kingklick92
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below are screenshots of the "Themed Rosies," starting with my personal favorite made by me: RED ROSIE :)

Lycoln's Themed Versions of my ROM's: http://tinyurl.com/lyc-grp3
    First off, GREAT BUILD! I'm loving the speed of this ROM so far and not a single FC yet!!! The only thing I have an issue about, and it's hardly an issue, is why the font is different? and how to get it back to normal. This font seems to be a little wider than the Hero font in the ROMs I've previously flashed. Has anyone else noticed this? It's a slight issue because it seems to show the squares on characters that do not exist.

Just as i noted in a previous post. I think its due to the English Locale not being US but UK. Just a theory though so dont take my word for it. :)