Swype beta updated!

Search This thread

NickHu

Oct 13, 2010
Rugby
Attention Wildfire users! Swype has been updated to use QVGA resolutions, and therefore supports the Wildfire! ... And it looks pretty! Sign up for the beta here now!

(As an added bonus, UK English dictionaries!)

Happy swyping!

snap20110312014529.png
snap20110312021023.png

As seen on the XDA Portal!

FAQ / Issues

Q: After reboot, Swype breaks. I can no longer Swype words, the border just flashes, but I can still tap out letters.
A: Go into the Swype Installer, and select "Generate License" from the menu, and follow the instructions. It takes about a minute, and it's annoying, but it's better than restoring data/ re-installing.

Q: I'm missing languages that are supported!
A: Re-install Swype, I suggest backing up app with Titanium Backup, and restoring ONLY the data afterwards.

NOTE: Modifying Swype in any way, be that decompiling to invalidate license validation, or adding languages, or just customisation is not condoned in any way, by me, or XDA. It should not be discussed here.

Last edited:

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
New swype is awesome. I am writing this in swype!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

WillKennerley

Oct 15, 2010
Woodbridge
Thanks for the heads up

I would be grateful if someone made a UK English only version (to save space).

EDIT: it's pretty small actually compared to other versions! Guess I don't need a custom English only.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00293

I tried it today after much anticipation. It stops working after a reboot as a swipe keyboard and you need to reinstall it make it work. SlideIt is best once they make it small layout.
Edit: on reboot, you need to get license once again.

Last edited:

WillKennerley

Oct 15, 2010
Woodbridge
I tried it today after much anticipation. It stops working after a reboot as a swipe keyboard and you need to reinstall it make it work. SlideIt is best once they make it small layout.

Really, I have no such problems!?! Have you moved it to SD? that made it become the non default for me on boot up but then I just reset it as default and it worked fine.

neoazrael

Feb 10, 2011
NJ/USA
can someone share this app please if it is not forbidden by the forum rules and the rights of the company that made it.i tried to register and log in with different accounts but i got anything (maybe it is about the country where i have been for a short time... :( )

NickHu

Oct 13, 2010
Rugby
That will overwrite user settings and custom words, just use the generate license in Swype installer.

NickHu

Oct 13, 2010
Rugby
Beta is still open at the moment... I suggest you hurry before it closes again ^^

aq79

Apr 2, 2009
Karachi
Swype

My language (slovak) is missing in this beta. Is there any way to add custom/slovak language in this beta ?

Thanks.

I don't think so but they seems to release update soon for other languages as they mentioned on their website.

I Installed Swype for first time and it was stuck on completing installation, had to reinstall again.
They need to reduce Suggested words pop-up size and show it below the word at center of the screen. that will be pretty convenient to tap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention Wildfire users! Swype has been updated to use QVGA resolutions, and therefore supports the Wildfire! ... And it looks pretty! Sign up for the beta here now!

(As an added bonus, UK English dictionaries!)

Happy swyping!

snap20110312014529.png
    snap20110312021023.png

As seen on the XDA Portal!

FAQ / Issues

Q: After reboot, Swype breaks. I can no longer Swype words, the border just flashes, but I can still tap out letters.
    A: Go into the Swype Installer, and select "Generate License" from the menu, and follow the instructions. It takes about a minute, and it's annoying, but it's better than restoring data/ re-installing.

Q: I'm missing languages that are supported!
    A: Re-install Swype, I suggest backing up app with Titanium Backup, and restoring ONLY the data afterwards.

NOTE: Modifying Swype in any way, be that decompiling to invalidate license validation, or adding languages, or just customisation is not condoned in any way, by me, or XDA. It should not be discussed here.